Third Generation of Mannings

Arch will definitely not be attending Tennessee. He will almost certainly be attending Ole Miss barring any substantial reason not to (probation). Which isn't out of the realm of possibility considering that Lane is their coach and that they were recently on probation.
Do you have inside info or just guessing?

Peyton originally intended on going to Ole Miss, regardless of coaches. It was the fact that Ole Miss went on probation that he came here to Tennessee. That was the largest factor in his decision.
Cooper getting a career ending spinal issue played a big too.

Reactions: Wireless1
Arch will definitely not be attending Tennessee. He will almost certainly be attending Ole Miss barring any substantial reason not to (probation). Which isn't out of the realm of possibility considering that Lane is their coach and that they were recently on probation.
It pains me to say but Arch would make a wise decision going to ole Miss under Kiffin. Kiffin did a fantastic job with the QB's at Alabama, elevating them to Heisman performances, when has that happened at BAMA before.
That being said, 2023 id a long time and Lane will be Lane, so Arch's recruitment is wide open.
Brady leaving LSU will probably result in a return to underachieving QB's which will open the door for third place UT.

Peyton originally intended on going to Ole Miss, regardless of coaches. It was the fact that Ole Miss went on probation that he came here to Tennessee. That was the largest factor in his decision.

Let’s not forget “The school up North” as he almost went there too. But ultimately Cutcliffe (a coach if I’m not mistaken) convinced him to choose UT.

I was simply pointing out why he chose UT, not why he didn’t go other places. (Insert eye roll)

I'm just factoring in the well publicized history of this particular family and how they have handled decisions like this in the past.

I did find it convenient that you didnt answer the question I posed. It's an inconvenient answer tho.
No I just read the first sentence and already I knew there was no help for you. No point in ready a butt hurt novel on something you clearly don't understand.

No I just read the first sentence and already I knew there was no help for you. No point in ready a butt hurt novel on something you clearly don't understand.
Eh, if that was the case you woudn't continue to reply with nothing.
I'll give you this much. You re smart enough to not attempt to answer a question that would kneecap your idea.

If you don't think family and friends can help swing an opinion on this then there is no help for you.
How do they come up with that consensus opinion? Do they form a family council and vote...or follow whatever Lord Archie decrees?

Last edited:
How do they come up with that consensus opinion? Do they form a daily council and vote...or follow whatever Lord Archie decrees?

Archie thought at one time Peyton was going to choose Michigan. Im sure this time he just tells Arch, "don't come around Christmas break if you don't go here."

Reactions: butchna
His dad Cooper Ole Miss
His Gran pa Archie Ole Miss
If Kiffin has them around 10 wins on upward trend could be OM Bears
Caveat being Kiffin staying out of recruiting and other trouble
Hmmmm..On second thought scratch a OM Kiffin led team

Regardless of your inside contact, I doubt Arch will attend Ole Miss with Kiffen as head coach. The Mannings are high on a person's character, and Joey Freshwater has demonstrated repeatedly that strong character is not one of his attributes.

Regardless of your inside contact, I doubt Arch will attend Ole Miss with Kiffen as head coach. The Mannings are high on a person's character, and Joey Freshwater has demonstrated repeatedly that strong character is not one of his attributes.
From what I’ve been told, they think Kiffin would be a great QB resource for Arch, but are concerned as to whether or not he’ll be there when Arch graduates. They think it’s likely he’ll either be fired or have moved on by then, as Ole Miss is likely an attempt at a stepping stone job for Kiffin to land a better SEC job in 2-3 years.

From what I’ve been told, they think Kiffin would be a great QB resource for Arch, but are concerned as to whether or not he’ll be there when Arch graduates. They think it’s likely he’ll either be fired or have moved on by then, as Ole Miss is likely an attempt at a stepping stone job for Kiffin to land a better SEC job in 2-3 years.
Obviously you’re probably closer to the situation than anyone else on here, in the event that Ole Miss has a different head coach or isn’t the smart move at that time, is there a Plan B like an LSU that the media keeps pumping?

I wouldn't be shocked if he chose someplace completely different, like Oregon, and made his own name. It isn't like Oregon doesn't have the resources or doesn't recruit offensive talent.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Obviously you’re probably closer to the situation than anyone else on here, in the event that Ole Miss has a different head coach or isn’t the smart move at that time, is there a Plan B like an LSU that the media keeps pumping?

Cutcliffe is always mentioned, but it’s likely he stays in the SEC. LSU would likely be near the top of the list, unless Ole Miss has a new coach that they’re happy with.

Unless Ole Miss is on probation, or staring at a depleted roster/3-5 win seasons/or a horrible coach, he’ll be Ole Miss bound. The plan is 100% Ole Miss unless another situation like Peyton’s develops. And even were that the case, no one is going to outbid Ole Miss for another Manning. They’ll throw the kitchen sink and more at him, whatever it takes. And for the record, Arch is indeed a big Ole Miss fan. Also likes LSU too though; which is where the rumors arise.

Edit: There’s little to no chance that he attends Tennessee according to what my uncle says Cooper told him.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Why not Tennessee? I assume the obvious answer is that he wouldn't want to deal with the Peyton comparisons/pressure. But just curious if there is more to it?

I can’t answer that with certainty, but based on what I do know, it seems as if he’s neutral on TN. As in, he doesn’t think about us one way or another.

I’d say it’s 90% Ole Miss, with a 10% chance of LSU IF there’s legitimate reasons not to go to Ole Miss at the time. And it would only otherwise be LSU as it’s closest to home for him (he’s grown a liking of them as a result, and has been to many of their games).

The family will likely keep Tennessee in the mix, as far as publicity is concerned, simply out of respect for Peyton and his affiliation with the University.

Bottom line is, Cooper strongly wants Arch to attend Ole Miss. And Arch is basically an Ole Miss fanboy who wants to continue the legacy there. It’s going to take quite a bit for him to end up elsewhere.

I can’t answer that with certainty, but based on what I do know, it seems as if he’s neutral on TN. As in, he doesn’t think about us one way or another.

I’d say it’s 90% Ole Miss, with a 10% chance of LSU IF there’s legitimate reasons not to go to Ole Miss at the time. And it would only otherwise be LSU as it’s closest to home for him (he’s grown a liking of them as a result, and has been to many of their games).

The family will likely keep Tennessee in the mix, as far as publicity is concerned, simply out of respect for Peyton and his affiliation with the University.

Bottom line is, Cooper strongly wants Arch to attend Ole Miss. And Arch is basically an Ole Miss fanboy who wants to continue the legacy there. It’s going to take quite a bit for him to end up elsewhere.
Thank you Sir!

Reactions: VolforFootball

VN Store

Back