Thinking about moving to East Tennessee

No worries my friend. No kids right now but most likely in the near future. It’s something that’s important. I guess something I’m looking is low crime. Where I’m leaving at now it’s not “dangerous” but it’s not good. I’ve looked into Greeneville, I’ve read that there isn’t a lot in that area? But I haven’t been there yet. I’ve heard Rogersville is nice as well. But I think I’d wanna be a little closer to Knoxville.
I wish i could advise you more, but I have been gone from E TN many years, and can only dream of moving back. By the way, I am a Greeneville boy, married to a Maryville gal. 😁

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Sorry to resurrect an older post, but wanted to chime in...

No worries my friend. No kids right now but most likely in the near future. It’s something that’s important. I guess something I’m looking is low crime. Where I’m leaving at now it’s not “dangerous” but it’s not good. I’ve looked into Greeneville, I’ve read that there isn’t a lot in that area? But I haven’t been there yet. I’ve heard Rogersville is nice as well. But I think I’d wanna be a little closer to Knoxville.

I'm from Greeneville and crime is low. It is mostly domestic stuff from people that know each other. So long as you are not a pillhead you won't be affected by it, except maybe random property crime of someone going through your car, etc. Honestly the more rural areas are more dangerous than the town.

Greeneville city schools are quite good. Greeneville is a small town, but punches above its weight for its size, IMO. It is only 15k but has 2 Chick-Fil-As (counting the one on Tusculum's campus), 2 Pal's, lots of home-cooked meal restaurants, a Publix, multiple Ingles, Food City's, etc. The surrounding Blue Ridge mountain views there are some of the best in the area. They have a relatively brand new movie theater, but like any small town, there isn't going to be a whole lot to entertain you. But, your backyard is the mountains with an abundant amount of fly-fishing, hiking and camping; rivers for canoeing and kayaking; and 3 lakes nearby. If outdoor recreation is your thing, it is a great town.

Happy to answer anything else on G-vegas.

We moved from Texas to Surgoinsville/Church Hill area, between Rogersville and Kingsport right after Christmas. We are pretty rural but that is what we were looking for. Acreage, animals, quiet, and friendly neighbors. We are loving it so far.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
We moved from Texas to Surgoinsville/Church Hill area, between Rogersville and Kingsport right after Christmas. We are pretty rural but that is what we were looking for. Acreage, animals, quiet, and friendly neighbors. We are loving it so far.
I like that area a lot. My wife's stepdad is from Church Hill, and his mom is about to be selling her house there. I've told my wife we ought to look into it but nada so far.

Reactions: GamerAg

VN Store

Back