Thinking about moving to East Tennessee

mthomas169

I’ve been thinking about moving to Tennessee. Looking at Maryville, Dandridge, Greeneville, and other areas. Any suggestions?

I’ve been thinking about moving to Tennessee. Looking at Maryville, Dandridge, Greeneville, and other areas. Any suggestions?
Jonesborough is nice. Got some younger folks interspersed with retirees. Nice overflow of ETSU grads who dont mesh with JC. Iow its in the sticks.

The bald mtns loom in the background...about 15 minutes away.

Like the mountains, like small towns with a city close by? Like 30 to 45 mins away from a city.
Lots of areas in NE Tn. Are you also interested in SW Va.?
Johnson City -Elizabethton-Mountain City area is the first location which I’m familiar with. Access to the Boone, Nc area and all it’s recreational opportunities. Plus good access going up the 81 corridor north into Virginia. Damascus Va area is a busy small trail town if you are into hiking and bike riding on a regular basis.

Jonesborough is nice. Got some younger folks interspersed with retirees. Nice overflow of ETSU grads who dont mesh with JC. Iow its in the sticks.

The bald mtns loom in the background...about 15 minutes away.
I was born in Johnson City and spent the first years of my life in Jonesborough. Wife and I went back to visit recently.

I love it. My wife is from a city of 10 million people though. Hard to sell the small towns still, though it's getting easier the more we watch cities here to to hell.

Piney Flats. Perfectly situated between JC and Bristol. You aren’t far from the Appalachian Trail. 15 minutes from the airport to catch regionals to ATL and CLT, with 3 or 4 direct Allegiants. 10 minutes or so from Bristol Motor Speedway.

I was born in Johnson City and spent the first years of my life in Jonesborough. Wife and I went back to visit recently.

I love it. My wife is from a city of 10 million people though. Hard to sell the small towns still, though it's getting easier the more we watch cities here to to hell.
Drove Nofattie Rd toward Washington Co two weeks ago. It's been 20 years since I last laid eyes on Conklin area (Jonesborough toward Telford).

It's understandeable that folks would build their dream home out there & they have. Overlooking the Mts., what always drew me to that place. Couldnt believe how many new homes there were, for Telford. $380+

I recall backintheday tracts of land being dirt cheap. Assuming its same for everywhere else. Cash in your 401K in NJ, grab a bag made of carpet, get in the Caddy and mosey to Jonesborough.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Lots of areas in NE Tn. Are you also interested in SW Va.?
Johnson City -Elizabethton-Mountain City area is the first location which I’m familiar with. Access to the Boone, Nc area and all it’s recreational opportunities. Plus good access going up the 81 corridor north into Virginia. Damascus Va area is a busy small trail town if you are into hiking and bike riding on a regular basis.
I call on Mtn City. Might as well be Boone.

Tons of money in that area, kind of money we dont understand in Tri Cities. Try finding someone from Mtn City. Hint, there arent many.

Damascus is great, but, VA will tax you to death.

Tons of money in that area, kind of money we dont understand in Tri Cities. Try finding someone from Mtn City. Hint, there arent many.

Mountain City gives you access to Abingdon,Bristol,Boone, Johnson City and Elizabethton. Most are within the 45 minutes referenced earlier.

Damascus is about 2 miles from Tn. I’m not specifically stating live in town but the general area. Anyway just giving the gentlemen some options.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I’ve been coming to Tennessee for 30+ years. I love this state, I’ve never lived there but I love it. I consider Tennessee my home. I wanna raise my family there.
I was just jokin around. I'm sure you and family would be assets to Tennessee and y'all would be welcomed. I was wondering if you would have school age kids. If so, public schools are fairly good in Oak Ridge, Maryville, Johnson City, and Greeneville city schools not bad. Good luck to ye.

You might try Blount County. Close to the mountains.

I don't know if it's hit the news yet, but there is going to be a big Amazon fulfillment center located in Rockwood near Maryville, which means jobs and a boost to the economy.

I was just jokin around. I'm sure you and family would be assets to Tennessee and y'all would be welcomed. I was wondering if you would have school age kids. If so, public schools are fairly good in Oak Ridge, Maryville, Johnson City, and Greeneville city schools not bad. Good luck to ye.
No worries my friend. No kids right now but most likely in the near future. It’s something that’s important. I guess something I’m looking is low crime. Where I’m leaving at now it’s not “dangerous” but it’s not good. I’ve looked into Greeneville, I’ve read that there isn’t a lot in that area? But I haven’t been there yet. I’ve heard Rogersville is nice as well. But I think I’d wanna be a little closer to Knoxville.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back