Thinking about Louisville

My thoughts exactly. They do tend to jump on people and get out to a lead. They let off the gas and let teams back in though. If we can keep it close all game I like our 4th quarter chances. If this team is within 5 in the last 5 minutes of a game they have proven they can win time and again.

Get down 10+ and we just don’t have the offensive firepower to overcome the deficit.

Yep. I keep thinking about how Louisville jumped out to a 45-3 lead on Notre Dame’s home floor. They also got out to a big lead against NC State on their home floor — a game they eventually lost when they took their foot off the gas. Same thing happened in their second round win. Jumped out to a 14-0 lead.

We can’t get in a hole like we did against LSU and Kentucky. Hoping we can somehow keep pace in the first quarter.

Yep. I keep thinking about how Louisville jumped out to a 45-3 lead on Notre Dame’s home floor. They also got out to a big lead against NC State on their home floor — a game they eventually lost when they took their foot off the gas. Same thing happened in their second round win. Jumped out to a 14-0 lead.

We can’t get in a hole like we did against LSU and Kentucky. Hoping we can somehow keep pace in the first quarter.

If they don’t wanna get down, maybe don’t force so much into Key. She has seemed to be better in the 2nd half, and even more so in the final quarter. The LSU debacle stemmed from forcing it in and she didn’t produce. Maybe she needs some time to size up the competition.

bring her up to the free throw line and let her shoot and/or find cutters or Dye to start. Shock Louisville out of their defensive plan.

If they don’t wanna get down, maybe don’t force so much into Key. She has seemed to be better in the 2nd half, and even more so in the final quarter. The LSU debacle stemmed from forcing it in and she didn’t produce. Maybe she needs some time to size up the competition.

bring her up to the free throw line and let her shoot and/or find cutters or Dye to start. Shock Louisville out of their defensive plan.
That would certainly cut down on some of the rebounds lost around the bottom of the key.

THIS! I cant remember the last time I saw Tamari miss that elbow jumper. She doesn’t take many, but stillll… a high percentage shot for sure.

I feel like Dr. Strange in Avengers: Endgame where he tries to envision the one single scenario out of a trillion future events where Thanos could be defeated.

We can assume that Jordan Horston will not be available which means, once again, the LVs will be in their next player up scramble mode.

The plus is that the LVs have gotten pretty good guard play from Jordan W. and Brooklyn. So that has to continue. I particular like “the fire” that BM has been bringing off the bench, She is ready for the fight.

Snoop has been a 20-10 machine of late and that has to continue. I am hoping she is on a magical tournament run.

I think it was important that Rae made the pass to Puckett for her big 3. Rae had been trying to be THE player who puts "the team on her back" and that is just not happening. In the 2nd half against Belmont, it looked liked she settled into being a player on the team. That needs to continue. The LVs will do better with Rae having a 12 points, 5 rebound, 3 assist game without all the turnovers and forced plays, than 20 points on 8 for 25 shooting and bunch of balls dribbled off her foot.

Sara Puckett seems to be finding her groove and that trend also needs to continue.

Tess has got to step up. I have been on her bandwagon but she was not good in the first two games. She looked like a nervous player. Maybe now that the team has gotten the sweet 16 monkey of their backs, she can relax a bit more. To win, it is likely that the LVs are going to need hit some 3s and that is Tess’s job. A 3 for 6 shooting night would come in handy.

And a better start for Tamari is a must.
Shooting in general has to improve. Too many “bunnies” in the paint, for starters. Any idea why this is happening, Madtown?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Englester concerns me she practically lives in the passing lanes. She has a nice wingspan too

I think Sarah is a good matchup for her. Sarah is much more physical and Emily is not fast IMO.

Hopefully we take care of the ball like we did against Belmont. Belmont did not pressure the ball overly hard though which surprised me. That has been our Achilles heel.

Good point about Kaiya. She looks like a different player from the early season. She has definitely provided valuable minutes and is helping to fill the perimeter defense gap left by Jordan's absence.

I remain mystified by Key and even Dye missing so many bunnies early in the game, though they seem to settle down as the game goes on. Is it nerves? It has become such a consistent pattern.

On the plus side, TK's FT shooting has been really clutch for the latter half of the season. I am betting her 63% breaks down to 50% for the first half and 75% for the 2nd half. I also would like to see her test the defense bit a more with her mid-range game.
Yes, Kaiya has more control, makes better decisions with the ball and is passing the ball well.

They will need consistent play for 40 minutes to win this game, something they have not done that well much of this season. If they can keep their concentration and play at a high level throughout the game, they have a good chance of winning. They have to avoid the slumps they tend to get into. Go Lady Vols!!

...And a better start for Tamari is a must.

I am pretty sure we will see mid-season Tamari in this next game.

Burrell,,,needs the right words.

She is still who she was...but right now she is both of those "who she was's"... and she has moments of both versions.

the right words...

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
THIS! I cant remember the last time I saw Tamari miss that elbow jumper. She doesn’t take many, but stillll… a high percentage shot for sure.

If Tamari were to strive to incorporate that jumper as a more regular part of her game next year, she'd not only greatly help the Lady Vols' offense, she'd dramatically increase her pro draft stock. Like you and others have noted, she doesn't seem to miss that shot. I'm always like, "Wait. What just happened? She did it again!!!!!" They've always been well timed in the game, too. That shot could be huge for next season if Kellie lights a fire under Key to continue shooting it. I mean, noone could guard that!

If Tamari were to strive to incorporate that jumper as a more regular part of her game next year, she'd not only greatly help the Lady Vols' offense, she'd dramatically increase her pro draft stock. Like you and others have noted, she doesn't seem to miss that shot. I'm always like, "Wait. What just happened? She did it again!!!!!" They've always been well timed in the game, too. That shot could be huge for next season if Kellie lights a fire under Key to continue shooting it. I mean, noone could guard that!
What strikes me as incongruent is if we can see it’s a near auto shot, why doesn’t Kellie see that? I am lead to believe she doesn’t trust her to make that shot. Drop the BOMB Sister!

VN Store

Back