Things to keep an eye on the spring

@LittleVol
So you're suggesting Nico's presence and performance triggered something competetive in Milton that helped Milton dial it up versus Clemson?
I won't dismiss it but I'm skeptical.
Unfortunately, due to my less than blazing 5.9 40 time, I don't have experience in athletics past HS. I will admit from work environments, sometimes nothing gets the experienced employee on track like showing him the new guy can do his job.

We can just as easily point to the difference in weather and having 3X as much practice to prepare for Clemson as he did for Vandy.

If we're looking for pyschological triggers, let's not leave out Milton's promise to Hooker.

Last edited:
That clip plainly shows he did not have his shoulder lowered trying to get to the end zone. Big boy like that should have been able to drag that player in there with him.

He was trying to get the first defender to overrun the play, even then the shot also shows another defender coming from the endzone along the boundary to meet him and one guy in close pursuit. But he did not step out and that is the big lie that has been promoted by a bevy of agenda driven folks. The biggest failure on that play goes back to the snap and the fact that they rushed 3 and our 5 could not give him any protection to set his feet and forced him to bail out to the left and pray for an open receiver with the same 3 in pursuit. The clip is out there go watch.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Dang, I get tired of these URBAN MYTH references that he went out of bounds before being knocked out of bounds. So one more time here is the screenshot of him avoiding contact........

View attachment 528886

It's gotten way beyond stupid at this point. I remember people saying this crap the next day and thinking it was idiotic. At no point did it ever look like he was avoiding contact. Did he lose track of time? Yes. But this narrative that people have continued, after being shown its falsity over and over, that Milton was avoiding a hit rather than trying to win the game is painfully moronic.

That clip plainly shows he did not have his shoulder lowered trying to get to the end zone. Big boy like that should have been able to drag that player in there with him.

The fact that he didn't have his shoulder lowered is your proof that he wasn't trying to get in the end zone? By that rationale, anytime a defender is near a ballcarrier, if the ballcarrier doesn't have his shoulder lowered, he's giving up. Spin move? Nope. Hurdle? Quitter. Juke? Coward. It's pretty clear he was trying to allow the first defender to overrun him and a 2nd defender cleaned it up.

Just stop. This agenda is ridiculous.

Including his starts in 2021 is insane as well. He had 3 weeks to learn the system.

His Vandy #'s are comparable to Hookers. His Clemson #'s are almost exactly what Hooker was averaging.

Milton - 251 - 3TD
Hooker 283 - 2.5 TD
LmBO comparable ? are u kidding me ?!?!…what was his numbers and I’m guessing here from memory 10-21,141 in Vandy game is comparable ? lol…Good God people hit the brakes !!! Wind excuses and all the crap is to much ! No no NOOOO. If his playing was so good and comparable then why was Hooker and not Milton starting? In the Vandy game he hits a long ball right off the bat….BUT he couldn’t hit a wide open (Te.) Fant over the middle. People need to just stop…I mean it’s like a child at a wishing well ! Okay now let’s talk about the Clemson game. They had two great NFL players to be opt out…There star DL. Breze I think is his name was banged up. Plus that 33 that whooped our Olineman got banged up in the game. (Also our defense made this game very manageable). The play calling was things they knew he was capable of and simplifying. Managing the game ! The future is bright no doubt but people need to just stop and observe more…Next year is next year…Clemson as good as they’ve been isn’t the SEC teams that Milton will have to navigate against next year. Trust me I hope he turns in a year like Tee Martin did in 98’ wouldn’t that be great ! VFL

It's gotten way beyond stupid at this point. I remember people saying this crap the next day and thinking it was idiotic. At no point did it ever look like he was avoiding contact. Did he lose track of time? Yes. But this narrative that people have continued, after being shown its falsity over and over, that Milton was avoiding a hit rather than trying to win the game is painfully moronic.
He ran out of bounds or did you not watch the FrigN game….where was his head….That’s the problem I’ve got ! Standing on the sidelines did he not know what was going on in the game. Then the last play there was a timeout if I remember right. So how do you not know that it was the VERY LAST PLAY ! Track of time my arse!!!! That’s just bs excuses for the dude ! He was just coached up on the sidelines….REALLY ??? 😂

LmBO comparable ? are u kidding me ?!?!…what was his numbers and I’m guessing here from memory 10-21,141 in Vandy game is comparable ? lol…Good God people hit the brakes !!! Wind excuses and all the crap is to much ! No no NOOOO. If his playing was so good and comparable then why was Hooker and not Milton starting? In the Vandy game he hits a long ball right off the bat….BUT he couldn’t hit a wide open (Te.) Fant over the middle. People need to just stop…I mean it’s like a child at a wishing well ! Okay now let’s talk about the Clemson game. They had two great NFL players to be opt out…There star DL. Breze I think is his name was banged up. Plus that 33 that whooped our Olineman got banged up in the game. (Also our defense made this game very manageable). The play calling was things they knew he was capable of and simplifying. Managing the game ! The future is bright no doubt but people need to just stop and observe more…Next year is next year…Clemson as good as they’ve been isn’t the SEC teams that Milton will have to navigate against next year. Trust me I hope he turns in a year like Tee Martin did in 98’ wouldn’t that be great ! VFL

So you are gonna talk about their NFL talent that opted out or got banged up but not ours? Do you think Hyatt might have had a huge difference in the game? But dont let facts get in your way.

Asking why wasn't he starting is just plain dumb. Hooker got the job when Milton got hurt in 2021 and played well enough to keep it. Unlike most in here, coaches really dont want a QB controversy...they like stability at the most important position. Hooker ended 2021 playing well, it was his job to lose and he didn't.

Heaven forbid we ever talk about the ball that Keyton dropped. Man, I guess Mahomes, Allen, Rogers, Peyton, Elway, Marino ( I could go on and on) all suck because that one time they missed a wide open receiver..........no no NOOO!!!

Dont mention that 25-42 at south carolina either or the UGA game....those Hooker stat lines might look similar to the Vandy one. But again I would hate facts to get in your way. I also think pouring rain has a slight more effect on the offense than mid 60's and clear. I am as big of a Hendon fan as anyone but sometimes QB's are just off a little. Hendon was at USC, Milton was in the rain at Vandy

The guy is 53- 82 for 971 yards. With a 64.6 completion percentage.10 TD's and 0 picks in limited duty.

Hooker was 229- 329 for 3,135 yards with a 69.6 completion percentage. 27 TD's and 2 picks

Those seem similar, but maybe its just me. I would think most if not all teams would love to have a back up QB throw for 1000 yards 10 TD's and zero picks in mostly mop up duty.

Last edited:
Milton 53 - 82 for 971 yards 64.6% 10 - 0
UGA back up 24 - 32 for 279 yards 75.0% 4 - 0
Bama back up 31- 53 for 297 yards 58.5% 5 - 3
OSU back up 16 - 20 for 190 yards 80.0% 1 - 0
TCU back up 18 - 26 for 145 yards 69.2% 1 - 0
Michigan back up 14 - 25 180 yards 56.0% 1 - 1
Michigan starter 208 - 322 for 2,719 yards 64.6% 22 - 5

I would say our back up QB was 'slightly' more productive than all 5 of those back ups and right on par with the starter listed.

Out of those teams, Michigan is the only one whose starter is returning. So who would you think is in a better situation at QB for next year between these teams?

Last edited:
Reactions: GUNTERSVOL
He ran out of bounds or did you not watch the FrigN game….where was his head….That’s the problem I’ve got ! Standing on the sidelines did he not know what was going on in the game. Then the last play there was a timeout if I remember right. So how do you not know that it was the VERY LAST PLAY ! Track of time my arse!!!! That’s just bs excuses for the dude ! He was just coached up on the sidelines….REALLY ??? 😂

I didn't call for any exhibits to support my argument, yet you provided one. Yep, here's Joe, just casually coasting out of bounds on his own. :rolleyes:Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 6.49.41 AM.png

Last edited:
Does anyone know what's up with Elijah Simmons?

Know he dealt with an injury or injuries at one point, but then thought I heard he wasn’t really in the playing shape coaches wanted him in and stayed down on the depth chart.

Reactions: Golf freak
So you are gonna talk about their NFL talent that opted out or got banged up but not ours? Do you think Hyatt might have had a huge difference in the game? But dont let facts get in your way.

Asking why wasn't he starting is just plain dumb. Hooker got the job when Milton got hurt in 2021 and played well enough to keep it. Unlike most in here, coaches really dont want a QB controversy...they like stability at the most important position. Hooker ended 2021 playing well, it was his job to lose and he didn't.

Heaven forbid we ever talk about the ball that Keyton dropped. Man, I guess Mahomes, Allen, Rogers, Peyton, Elway, Marino ( I could go on and on) all suck because that one time they missed a wide open receiver..........no no NOOO!!!

Dont mention that 25-42 at south carolina either or the UGA game....those Hooker stat lines might look similar to the Vandy one. But again I would hate facts to get in your way. I also think pouring rain has a slight more effect on the offense than mid 60's and clear. I am as big of a Hendon fan as anyone but sometimes QB's are just off a little. Hendon was at USC, Milton was in the rain at Vandy

The guy is 53- 82 for 971 yards. With a 64.6 completion percentage.10 TD's and 0 picks in limited duty.

Hooker was 229- 329 for 3,135 yards with a 69.6 completion percentage. 27 TD's and 2 picks

Those seem similar, but maybe its just me. I would think most if not all teams would love to have a back up QB throw for 1000 yards 10 TD's and zero picks in mostly mop up duty.
Didn’t read this crap starting with that comment crap. The word that was laughable was comparable!

The whole world seen it but a DA FEW ! You act like I’m the only observer that witness it.! You plan on dogging every commentator nationwide lol

I literally posted a photo of Milton being hit and knocked out of bounds. And your response is, “wEyuLl uHthuR FolkS DonE sEen iT tWo!”

This is called a false narrative, driven by an agenda. And some are so married to it, they can’t even admit the evidence put right in front of their own eyes because that would require admission of the obvious…that you’re dead wrong. Apparently, you’re quite comfortable in that position.

I literally posted a photo of Milton being hit and knocked out of bounds. And your response is, “wEyuLl uHthuR FolkS DonE sEen iT tWo!”

This is called a false narrative, driven by an agenda. And some are so married to it, they can’t even admit the evidence put right in front of their own eyes because that would require admission of the obvious…that you’re dead wrong. Apparently, you’re quite comfortable in that position.
Like I said SOME DA people ! Dream on sweet pea

VN Store

Back