Things to do in Chattanooga for a couple days

ballparkdigest.com: BALLPARK VISITS

"When one thinks of Chattanooga, the Chattanooga Choo Choo (below) usually comes to mind. The Lookouts play to this, as a train blowing steam from its engine appears from behind the right-center field wall whenever a hometown player hits a homerun."

yup. this is what i was talking about.

new ballpark? I haven't been to a game since '06...i think they do if im not mistaken. as a child 10 years ago i remember something like it.

Oh, ok... you must not remember Engel Stadium. :p

I was thinking you were older than that. Whenever someon says "when I was a child" or "when I was growing up", I think they are talking about 20 years ago, minimum.

Have a beer at on the roof at The Pickle Barrel. Go and get the Carnivore sandwich at The Terminal. Great beers and a good local bar would be Hair of the Dog. The Lookouts are a ton of fun. As far as views go, Lookout sucks from the back side but on further down towards Cloudland it gets better. Signal point is a better view and it is free. Go by the north shore and walk the bridge. Have a dog or some ice cream on either side...great for the summer.

Oh, ok... you must not remember Engel Stadium. :p

I was thinking you were older than that. Whenever someon says "when I was a child" or "when I was growing up", I think they are talking about 20 years ago, minimum.

i meant like when i was 2, whitch was over 10 years ago. sorry. :)

good call on the Pickle Barrel... definitely a downtown fixture..

Have a beer at on the roof at The Pickle Barrel. Go and get the Carnivore sandwich at The Terminal. Great beers and a good local bar would be Hair of the Dog. The Lookouts are a ton of fun. As far as views go, Lookout sucks from the back side but on further down towards Cloudland it gets better. Signal point is a better view and it is free. Go by the north shore and walk the bridge. Have a dog or some ice cream on either side...great for the summer.

pickle barrel is a good time, if you get the corner wrap around seating or sit up top depending on the heat or weather.

hey noogans, I need some restaurant recomendations please!

I know of some downtown, but I'm staying in an apartmant about 15 mins east of downtown near the Hamilton mall (and I don't want to always drive downtown to get some good food).

any good places out there? I prefer something I can't eat in every other city if possible (no Macaroni Grill, Chilis, etc)

Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but you should check out Chattanooga Brewing Company. Great beer and food, and the people are really nice. They just moved into a cool new building downtown, too.

Two things:

1. I really liked this place, over on the north bank, rare to find a Brit-style pub that is not all yuppified and this had a blue-collar feel -- mchalesbrewhouse.com

2. I liked the antique tow truck museum at 3315 Broad ST. But I think old trucks are cool and my nickname's Oddward.

hey noogans, I need some restaurant recomendations please!

I know of some downtown, but I'm staying in an apartmant about 15 mins east of downtown near the Hamilton mall (and I don't want to always drive downtown to get some good food).

any good places out there? I prefer something I can't eat in every other city if possible (no Macaroni Grill, Chilis, etc)

El Meson Mexican Restaurant next to the mall is delicious.

The Terminal is a good place to eat and the brew their own beer if you like beer.

Milk and Honey is a great place to grab desert.

Chattanooga Brewing Company just opened up a new place and they service some good too

Bar Louie at Hamilton Place has a pretty cool atmosphere and plenty of beers on tap.

The Terminal is a good place to eat and the brew their own beer if you like beer.

Milk and Honey is a great place to grab desert.

Chattanooga Brewing Company just opened up a new place and they service some good too

Bar Louie at Hamilton Place has a pretty cool atmosphere and plenty of beers on tap.

Roasted Veggie Flatbread at Bar Louie.....:drool:

Consider checkin out this goof ball's shop on Airpark Dr

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_zx7jPLmyk[/YouTube]

We had a Rain here about a stones throw from my house but it went out of business. Never did go, is it any good?

The one here is great. They've got one dish here named after the owners' mom (can't remember how to spell it, so I won't try) that is delicious! And the Pad Thai is out of this world! I haven't had that at other places, so I don't know how it compares. If you ever get over this way, let me and Tony take you to dinner there!

The one here is great. They've got one dish here named after the owners' mom (can't remember how to spell it, so I won't try) that is delicious! And the Pad Thai is out of this world! I haven't had that at other places, so I don't know how it compares. If you ever get over this way, let me and Tony take you to dinner there!
I would take you up on that. You should get Tony to join the fantasy football league when it gets started up again.

VN Store

Back