Things that Need Fixin'

37620VOL

Barely-Known Member
Unfortunately, there isn't much time until this next game, but here a the things I think they can address today before playing tomorrow.

1. Crash course in press breaking principles
2. Establish goals for TOs and value the ball (3/qtr would be a fair goal). Every possession should end with a "good shot".
3. When you drive, 2 out of 3 times you need to kick to a shooter.
4. Major refresher on help side defense.
5. Major refresher on boxing out.
6. Designate Powell as the primary ballhandler. I would let the team know that she is your "coach on the court".
7. Encourage the team to play a little bit angry, not out of control angry. Pull out a few Van Lith highlights. On the court, she always looks a little angry.
Studies have shown that being a little bit angry inhibits irrational fear and improves quick decision-making and the quality of those decisions.

I am limiting this to 7 things because I think that's all you can hope to get to stick in 48 hours.

What is it with you folks and these girls looks?!?! I get that you’re not used to it because it’s not apart of your culture, but y’all have to understand it has ZERO to do with their basketball talents despite what you want to believe!!! LET IT GO! Just because they choose not to look plain, stale, and old while playing basketball, y’all get upset. There’s ONE particular segment of the population that complains about this……go figure!

Y’all act like they’re doing their makeup, lashes, and hair DURING the d*mn game!

Sorry to get off subject 367! 😒 I agree with your post, whatever we’ve been doing for turnovers for the past 4 years in practice needs to be trashed. We need a new strategy to get them under control ASAP!

What is it with you folks and these girls looks?!?! I get that you’re not used to it because it’s not apart of your culture, but y’all have to understand it has ZERO to do with their basketball talents despite what you want to believe!!! LET IT GO! Just because they choose not to look plain, stale, and old while playing basketball, y’all get upset. There’s ONE particular segment of the population that complains about this……go figure!
this right here. say it again and again. i cant stand when the people on here bring up the players looks. it’s weird.

Unfortunately, there isn't much time until this next game, but here a the things I think they can address today before playing tomorrow.

7. Encourage the team to play a little bit angry, not out of control angry. Pull out a few Van Lith highlights. On the court, she always looks a little angry.
Studies have shown that being a little bit angry inhibits irrational fear and improves quick decision-making and the quality of those decisions.

I am limiting this to 7 things because I think that's all you can hope to get to stick in 48 hours.

Show us these studies. Would enjoy reading this.

Did he say that?
8i0X8s.gif

Reactions: 37620VOL
Regardless who the coach is..................there is a fine line between staunch discipline and the need to be liked by your players !!!!

I do not understand bringing up the players looks. The Lady Vols have had flashy/make wearing players FOREVER ! Take a look at some of the older players they were all “DONE UP”. Let these girls feel good while playing.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
every year it's the same problem. turnovers and missed free throws. if only there was time to work on this stuff before the season starts.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Somebody has to step up. It was pointed out that Horston had 7 turnovers and this cannot continue. But she needs some help. In the game thread it was pointed out that the size of our guards was causing problem with the FCP. Listening to the game she was having to be the outlet from the guards to break the press. Then she was the leading rebounder with 13, and oh yeah she scored 20 points and she had 4 assists and tied with Powell to lead the team. She was on the court for 34 minutes!!! Where the heck was everybody else?

Somebody has to step up. It was pointed out that Horston had 7 turnovers and this cannot continue. But she needs some help. In the game thread it was pointed out that the size of our guards was causing problem with the FCP. Listening to the game she was having to be the outlet from the guards to break the press. Then she was the leading rebounder with 13, and oh yeah she scored 20 points and she had 4 assists and tied with Powell to lead the team. She was on the court for 34 minutes!!! Where the heck was everybody else?
Foul trouble!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I don't care if they are made up like a runway model or look like they been in a mud fight, what I want is good basketball and good coaching.

Even considering foul trouble somebody else could get a darn rebound. Rickea got 6 but still. But if Horston is leading the team in rebounding she also was having to bang under the basket on defense and their wings driving the basket. She cannot keep this pace up physically somebopdy has got to do something other than what they were doing last night

Even considering foul trouble somebody else could get a darn rebound. Rickea got 6 but still. But if Horston is leading the team in rebounding she also was having to bang under the basket on defense and their wings driving the basket. She cannot keep this pace up physically somebopdy has got to do something other than what they were doing last night

One player can make a lot of difference in how a game goes. If Pissot had been banging in 3pointers Ohio defense would have fell apart.

Reactions: GameTime
One player can make a lot of difference in how a game goes. If Pissot had been banging in 3pointers Ohio defense would have fell apart.

Usually concussion protocol has about a minimum of around a nine day window to get well, at least well enough to play that is...Not sure Justine will be ready for UMass....

ICBSDCTO...

Reactions: chuckiepoo

1. Crash course in press breaking principles
2. Establish goals for TOs and value the ball (3/qtr would be a fair goal). Every possession should end with a "good shot".
3. When you drive, 2 out of 3 times you need to kick to a shooter.
4. Major refresher on help side defense.
5. Major refresher on boxing out.
6. Designate Powell as the primary ballhandler. I would let the team know that she is your "coach on the court".

In other words, the coach needs fixin'...

VN Store

Back