Things I'm mad about today

I know, and we have neither (yet.)

West Asheville

No sirens to indicate another Subaru attack upon an innocent power pole.
I didn't know you were in NC. I went to school in waynesville, but have never been to asheville

Yes, we moved here in fall 2014. We still miss the Bay Area, but it’s wonderful here, and hella cheaper. Even though it’s the most expensive area in NC, except the barrier islands, I guess.

Reactions: joevol33
Yes, we moved here in fall 2014. We still miss the Bay Area, but it’s wonderful here, and hella cheaper. Even though it’s the most expensive area in NC, except the barrier islands, I guess.
I've got a cousin somewhere in asheville, but haven't talked to her in probably 25 years.

That's purdy! You need to take a picture tonight of the front of the house with the snow and decorations.
question.gif
That would imply that I have gotten out of my jammies by this evening!

I had just mentioned to hubs that I haven't seen any dog walkers this morning, and usually there are a ton.

But our neighborhood dogs are pretty evenly divided between ridiculously big and ridiculously small, and the snow is deeper than the small dogs, so there's that.

I looked at the snow in our neighbor's back yard, and her Lab has only ventured about 4 feet from the back door. It's hard for lady dogs when it snows!
biggrin2.gif

I had just mentioned to hubs that I haven't seen any dog walkers this morning, and usually there are a ton.

But our neighborhood dogs are pretty evenly divided between ridiculously big and ridiculously small, and the snow is deeper than the small dogs, so there's that.

I looked at the snow in our neighbor's back yard, and her Lab has only ventured about 4 feet from the back door. It's hard for lady dogs when it snows!
biggrin2.gif
I showed my wife and kids your picture, now they wanna come to your house 😆

So, the temps in Tin Man's backyard have stayed above freezing (barely - outside thermometer read 33 a couple of mornings) while it's been raining. Now that it is predicted to stop, the forecast is for 29-30 overnight. Oh joy, oh great, great joy. How many wrecks due to ignoramuses driving carelessly on patches of black ice, tomorrow?

Reactions: Souce
So, the temps in Tin Man's backyard have stayed above freezing (barely - outside thermometer read 33 a couple of mornings) while it's been raining. Now that it is predicted to stop, the forecast is for 29-30 overnight. Oh joy, oh great, great joy. How many wrecks due to ignoramuses driving carelessly on patches of black ice, tomorrow?
Let's hope they make their beer runs today while they can!

I'm mad that I know I won't win the TV drawing at our work Christmas dinner tonight

Reactions: Souce
I'm mad that I'm still shoveling snow!! Or rather, I'm shoveling frozen snowplow chunks. Nothing worse than having 11" of wet snow followed by multiple below-32 days and nights. It just never goes away.

The neighborhood is still mostly covered in snow. Or as Ober Gatlinburg used to call it, "frozen granular."

VN Store

Back