Things I'm happy about today

Got another dirty joke from her today so progress. I got out (checked on house due to a largely unsupervised 17 year old) and brought back a 10 inch Chicken Philly sub from Lenny's. She indicated that she could tell the sub was made by a guy. I was like "How can you tell?" and she responded "They say it's 10 inches but there's no way that sub is 10 inches"

And she was right, it was slightly less than the 8.5 side of a sheet of paper.

Did you ask her how she knew what 10” looks like?

Happy, although I had to wrestle with it a bit: my daughter (the pregnant one) will be induced early on Dec 15 due to gestational hypertension (high blood pressure associated with pregnancy), unless they have to go earlier, like this week. She and SIL* turn up that morning at 7 am, and with any luck will be home that evening or the next morning with their new son.

As someone whose babies were ALWAYS born significantly after their due dates, I am envious of the thought of actually knowing when a baby is coming.

Only my SIL can be there in the hospital, so I’ll stay home with the current grandson.

*son-in-law (can be sister-in-law, but not in this case)
Whoops, she just texted, and it might be this weekend. 😲

Tired of the sex jokes and tossed food items, the Doctor walked into the room, cocked a hip, and loosed a loud atonal expellation of bowel gas.

Last edited:
I got free 7.5 inch sub from Lenny's after I showed them the pic of yesterday's undersized sub.

View attachment 418470
You ordered a 10 inch sub and it looked smaller than 10 inches. So you measured it and took a picture of it, ate it then complained to them the next day that it was 2 and 1/2 inches smaller than what you ordered, so they gave you another one just like it free?

That correct?

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
I had picked up (and paid for) sub for spouse's grandma and jokingly showed the franchise owner a picture of the sub from yesterday while waiting for a cookie. He made me one. We are here at least 4x a week.
Must be good wish they had one here instead of Subway and JJ

You ordered a 10 inch sub and it looked smaller than 10 inches. So you measured it and took a picture of it, ate it then complained to them the next day that it was 2 and 1/2 inches smaller than what you ordered, so they gave you another one just like it free?

That correct?

I jokingly showed the guy that runs it a picture of the sub while waiting on my cookies. Unknowingly to me, he goes and makes me what I normally get and that is in the bag with the cookies. That and the spouse helped get his location a significant COVID-19 Employee Retention refund from the IRS.

I'm not the type to complain but yeah, he probably knew if I took a picture of it that I was probably wasn't 100% satisfied even if I was joking around.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back