Things I'm happy about today

That's awesome! Free tuition?
Ha! No. Very affordable though.

— I take that back: I’m auditing a 4-hour chemistry class that I have credit for from (ahem) 45 years ago, so that I can survive the second semester when I take it for realz. Since I’m over 65, and it’s an audit, it’s free. The other 15 hours I pay for.

One thing I’ve noticed though is how incredibly helpful college admin staff (and faculty) are, compared to back in the day. Even before Covid, there was a demographic bust appearing, where there just aren’t that many college-age students, and higher ed is scrambling. Economics at work for the consumer, for a change!

Last edited:
Really happy the cardiologist cleared me to return to work without restrictions on Monday. I don't know if I will be able to go five days a week, but hopefully we'll get some snow days to help the bleeding away of my sick days. hahaha

Today, the nurse did an EKG before my appointment, and the doctor had the results. I go back in three months. I'm on a lot of medication, and some of it might be long-term. He said everything was great.

As the doctor explained, and we did not talk politics on it (and I'm not touching that thread on the PF), I was very lucky I had such a bad flu and pneu, given the scar tissue and blockages I did not even know I had. Also, he had a record of my strange reaction to those COVID vaccines (at the time, the rush of cold feeling throughout my body and light-headedness after both initial vaccines and the booster). We agreed that whatever precipitated this heart attack (be it flu/pneu/possibly combined with another influence), it was God's blessing that my wife had me at the ER when it happened. Had I gotten over the flu and been here working outside or in my classroom, the results could have been different for sure.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers.

God is good.
Yes he certainly is, and that is Great news that you are on the mend!!

VN Store

Back