Things I'm happy about today

This could go in here, or the mad thread 🤣, cause my kids ain't allowed to have boyfriends! My daughter brought her boyfriend with her, they've been dating for near two years now. I've spoken to him, but this is our first time meeting him. He's super respectful, and she's said nothing but good things about him. Example, and you may calle old fashioned, but it's just how we are: he had no issue with me asking them to sleep separate while here, because they're not married yet (I get that from my dad🤣). That's not what got me though, I had talked to them last night, and was straight with him. I had a little on the phone, but this was in person. Told him I'd love him like a son, and all I ask is him to love my daughter. That he'd never have an issue with me, as long as he never hurt her, physically. I could tell in 5 minutes he wasn't that type though. He had 4 sisters, and said they could beat him, but he wasn't allowed to hit them back 🤣. His parents taught him not to hit women, just a pet peeve for me. Anyway, my daughter was outside with her sisters, and he told me he wanted to talk. He pulled out a beautiful engagement ring, and told me and Tiffany he wanted to talk to us before he asked her. He's also going to tell his parents first, but that just meant a lot. Young man has jumped to help since he walked in the door yesterday. Trying to clean off the table for breakfast, helping me carry out trash, or groceries in last night. May be silly to you guys, but his whole character has impressed me. Most importantly, as he was talking about marrying her, he cried, and said he loves her more than anything. As a dad, I feel like she's going to be in good hands, and that makes me happy. She's going to be surprised when he asks her.

* I did tell them both I would not acknowledge him as a boyfriend until she's 30🤣.

Are you going to admit to him that you're a dawg?

Is he taller than you?

Last edited:
Reactions: Danl and 82_VOL_83
Joe's got me beat on reason to be happy. Son sent us photos of ID plaques of likes, etc that teachers made for grandsons on first full day of preschool. They have lofty goals. Older one wants to be Christmas tree when he grows up. The other '.... a pumpkin (is that sign he'll become a Vol fan?

Joe's got me beat on reason to be happy. Son sent us photos of ID plaques of likes, etc that teachers made for grandsons on first full day of preschool. They have lofty goals. Older one wants to be Christmas tree when he grows up. The other '.... a pumpkin (is that sign he'll become a Vol fan?

I would like to be a Christmas tree when I grow up..........but not one of those fruity flocked ones with only blue lights.

Today is 20th anniversary of meeting spouse. For those who haven't read, see attached for complete narrative with all the expected drama, me being way in over my head, and pretty much me making a fool of myself. It's 4 parts plus an epilogue at the end that detailed why my friends thought she was a stripper. It's tl/dr for sure.

We did celebrate this morning by going to the Waffle House (we hung at out the Waffle House by the Mall of Murder in Memphis awaiting everyone to leave Platinum on that night).

Tell Me Your Worst Dating Story?

Today is 20th anniversary of meeting spouse. For those who haven't read, see attached for complete narrative with all the expected drama, me being way in over my head, and pretty much me making a fool of myself. It's 4 parts plus an epilogue at the end that detailed why my friends thought she was a stripper. It's tl/dr for sure.

We did celebrate this morning by going to the Waffle House (we hung at out the Waffle House by the Mall of Murder in Memphis awaiting everyone to leave Platinum on that night).

When is the Netflix version due out ?

You - Miles teller
Her - Olivia Munn
joevol33 - Peter Dinklage

I think Wee Man better captures the essence of Joe.

midget-jackass.gif

VN Store

Back