They are starting JG after the bye... (this week's depth chart)

Why try and win when you just got an extension and are almost guaranteed not to get fired this year. "F$ck it, aight!"

Reactions: NEO and VolRage
I won’t believe it until I see it. I am betting Pruitt won’t announce starting QB until Saturday AM. I may be wrong, but that would make the most sense

Reactions: fullmetalvol
Kirby Smart quarterback problems continues. Stetson Bennett isn’t going to get it done. They’re not going to win with him at quarterback. To much turnover prone with his shortened arm. 5 interceptions in three games, I believe. Sounds like Pruitt will throw JG out there in the same sense. Florida will score, but the problem is, how is Georgia going to score?

I much rather take a loss with true freshman HB and see what he can do than to take a loss with JG having being a RS Senior. If we are going to rebuild, have to start with the QB we recruited and give him a modified play call system.

This is how I feel; if we are going to be bad, let a young guy get the jitters out and give him some real game experience. Don't trot out a dead horse and then later get second guessed about it.

I won’t believe it until I see it. I am betting Pruitt won’t announce starting QB until Saturday AM. I may be wrong, but that would make the most sense
He said he gave the QB's reps in groups this week, AKA no one else got reps with the 1's except JG

Reactions: mpfvol
Bailey, Shrout, & Maurer should transfer.

Why would they want to waste their time watching this garbage every week?

Personally I think given this is a weird year already and we clearly aren't winning the SEC, let the young guys play and give them experience. At least that is a sign we're trying to get better. Trying to force JG out there to salvage a season that's already looking bad seems like a really bad idea for the future.

I never realized there was a "Pronunciation" guide.
I really did not need to see the two-deep to know JG was starting. I think Pruitt and Chaney think he gices us the best chance to win becasue he has the most experience and knows the offense the best. We (VolNation) know that JG is either on his game with the long ball and poor on short passes or He is dreadful. If he throws a pick or is horribly inaccurate I believe we will see a different QB on the next series.

Edit: Maybe we could get JJ to come back and take the first snap then JG can come in. It seemed to work last year.

I don't think they're better, that's the thing. They're even more limited than JG. From a outside perspective and that's all it is, JG struggles with touch passes and to me that limits what you can do way too much. I would start him again this week and give him a short leash...

I was being sarcastic. It's almost like many of our fans think Pruitt either a) is refusing to play the best QB or b) can't tell who the best QB is. He's playing the guy he thinks gives Tennessee the best chance to win. And since he has more at stake than any of us (it's his job, after all) and since he actually sees practices, I'm pretty sure he's in the best position to make this decision.

That was my first thought as well if he does make a change he would not announce until game day or closer.... but with all that said I think he still starts him unfortunately!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I was being sarcastic. It's almost like many of our fans think Pruitt either a) is refusing to play the best QB or b) can't tell who the best QB is. He's playing the guy he thinks gives Tennessee the best chance to win. And since he has more at stake than any of us (it's his job, after all) and since he actually sees practices, I'm pretty sure he's in the best position to make this decision.
I’m not sure if he has a lot at stake. He will continue to be a millionaire coach here are a millionaire DC somewhere. Think about you a HC at a place you never liked during your college days. Things are going bad but your money is guaranteed no matter. Sometimes think it crosses his mind “wish I was back being a coordinator“ and get away from this bunch.

Fire Pruitt. Now.

We need pitchforks and torches immediately. Any coach that starts DUMP Foot JG again...is just incapable of making executive decisions.

At least give one of the younger guys some reps or experience...how is this lost on a multi-million dollar coach...

VN Store

Back