There may

BHAMVOLFAN

and I mean MAY be a silver lining here. As of this afternoon, neither new recruit Kentrail Davis nor Julio Borbon have signed MLB contracts. They have until midnight tonight (8/15) to do so or we may see them at UT this season. A man can always hope.....

I guess we'll know tomorrow. Wouldn't it be nice if that worked out?

I understand that new walk-on Trey Burstrom is a real keeper. One of his former Chatt State coaches raves about him, comparing him favorably with another Chatt State product - Andy Simunic. Time will tell.

The fall roster should firm up soon.

PP

plus Kentrail could be a good one. If he signs he's here for 3 years. Only problem might be keeping him in school academically. I'm kinda surprised he says he may end up at UT as his desire is to get the the bigs ASAP and I'd think juco would be a better route. There are some good juco programs near Mobile that have produced a large number of major leaguers. He will make a heck of a R or L fielder in the SEC. Good bat, good quickness, above average speed, particularly considering his build. Tick tock...

Great posts guys! I'd love to see those guys back. I guess we'll know later today. Let us know if you hear anything.

Found this on Borbon

square_sports.gif
Aug. 16, 2007 - 12:02 p.m. ET
clear.gif
While the Rangers still haven't announced it, supplemental first-round pick Julio Borbon agreed to a minor league contract prior to the midnight deadline.

Julio Borbon : USAToday.com - Julio Borbon Biography from USAToday.com

That's unfortunate with Borbon, but I guess when your stock is that high, you really need to go pro. I don't know anything about the other kid, but anything helps at this point.

welcome to UT. This kid will be a good one. I've seen him play several times. When you see him, you'll think, no way that guy has any speed. Truth is, he has 6.67 60 speed and is also very quick. I suspect he'll be in CF this spring. Good bat too by the way.

VN Store

Back