There’s NOT a person in the NATION…..

NOT ONE! Who could tell me that after the PITT game that we squeaked by in Over-Time - That Tennessee would be in the position that we are in right now!

Josh Heuple - 2nd year Head Coach……

Tennessee’s pre-season schedule: PITT; Florida; LSU; Alabama; Georgia; Kentucky; South Carolina; & (maybe a bowl-game)……

It just doesn’t normally happen like THIS!!!

WAKE UP —- BVS’s & Nega-VOLS!

CHEERS! — And ENJOY THE RIDE!!!!!
Before the season, Vega had our win total at 7.5. I will admit, I was thinking 8-4 hoping for 9-3 if everything went perfect. Shows how much I know.
Bright future for sure.

Go Vols!!

After the first game I was thinking 6 wins at most. The defense has improved. Everyone knew the offense would be great but the defense has come a long ways.

Reactions: chuck0303
I wonder what the odds were at the beginning of the season? I want to place my bet now. LOL.
You're a little late on that. If you're into gambling, you could have cleaned up when those odds were first posted in Vegas. Just like the mattress king betting on Houston to win the World Series. He bet $10 Million at the beginning of the season and won $75 Million. All you have to do is have faith and a certain amount of guts :):):)

After the Pitt game, I felt Tennessee would win about 7 to 8 games which would’ve been fine in year two. Shocked at possibly 11-1 regular season.

I rarely get caught up in pre season predictions. They’re usually as dependable as a 10 day weather forecast. Just to many unknown variables….but thinking a 10-11 win season was possible? Nah…that’s not where I was either. It’s been fun for sure!

Reactions: minorvol
Honestly i said 9 was tops never thought we would be in the hunt for playoffs. I thought we may have an outside shot at sec but nothing like this

NOT ONE! Who could tell me that after the PITT game that we squeaked by in Over-Time - That Tennessee would be in the position that we are in right now!

Josh Heuple - 2nd year Head Coach……

Tennessee’s pre-season schedule: PITT; Florida; LSU; Alabama; Georgia; Kentucky; South Carolina; & (maybe a bowl-game)……

It just doesn’t normally happen like THIS!!!

WAKE UP —- BVS’s & Nega-VOLS!

CHEERS! — And ENJOY THE RIDE!!!!!

Thank you Lord for JH

I remember standing in line with some Pitt fans waiting to get into the bar after the game. We all agreed it was a great game but they were still surprisingly cocky even in defeat. The usual "oh well our starting QB got knocked out," "oh you needed OT," "you guys are going to get wrecked by Florida in 2 weeks" yada yada.

Anyways. Wonder how those guys are doing now...
You had a way different experience than me. All the pitt fans I met were great

First and foremost.....for once, I believe this is sustainable. CJH has done it at Missouri, UCF and now TN. Offense might ebb and flow year to year but opponents are gonna have to deal with it. In two years most have not done well.

CJH now needs the D to match the O's level, or close. #2 the OL now needs one or more steps to be elite for the system. Years past we'd say EVERYTHING needed and upgrade. It's been narrowed down.....takes time to dig out of a decade+ hole. But....the climb has been exponential lately. Just keep going.
This is a great post. Agree we need upgrades on D and O line. A 5* RB would really help too. Regardless, CJH is going to coach up the players he has and as long as one of those is a QB, we have a fighting chance.

Reactions: nomads-11

VN Store

Back