The Wussification of Vol Football is over

If we are in the top 15, and the other SEC teams (except Vandy, and they may beat us again this year) are ranked higher, then the ranking doesn't mean much-all it is telling you, is the other SEC teams have done better at recruiting than you have.
If you suck in the trenches then you suck at football in the SEC. Up until Pruitt our Oline and Dline recruiting and development has been terrible. Idk where we’ll be with Pruitt bc those positions take some time usually, Oline looks promising to me with two freshman tackles, dline is still awful imo.

Reactions: I40flyer
In the last few days, we have seen the toughness of Coach Pruitt. He dismissed banks, he was proud of the toughness of his team, he benched his starting QB, and he got energized by the crowd. He is tough and his team shows it. He has an outstanding coaching staff. I would say the wussification of Tennessee football is over.
Is the losing over?

Reactions: I40flyer
"nearly every SEC team" being two of the best four so far this season, and uga may well end up the best.

MSU is not in that category. Maybe hold your comments till then. Or as a wise man once said, "it's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot, than to open it and remove all doubt". :p
Pruitt got Blown out by florida , georgia , alabama , mizzou, and Vanderbilt last year

So you expect fans to spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on games to support a team that isn’t competitive, and enjoy it at the same time? It must be exciting living in a perpetual fantasy
I found my prince charming, and married him. We like Tennessee football, and we enjoy going to the games together, and spending the day in Knoxville on fall weekends.

It's like a fantasy....only real.

I found my prince charming, and married him. We like Tennessee football, and we enjoy going to the games together, and spending the day in Knoxville on fall weekends.

I found my Cinderella and married her but it’s irrelevant to getting upset with fans that are unhappy with the product on the field. I am very fortunate to be able to afford to go to games regularly, many fans cannot and when they do get the occasional opportunity to attend it is frustrating when the game isn’t competitive

The team really crushed Mississippi State today. The Wussification of Tennessee football is over.

If you suck in the trenches then you suck at football in the SEC. Up until Pruitt our Oline and Dline recruiting and development has been terrible. Idk where we’ll be with Pruitt bc those positions take some time usually, Oline looks promising to me with two freshman tackles, dline is still awful imo.

Dline has talent.. Solomon, middelton, Goodwin. Harrison is supposed to be good. It needs more help than oline, specifically pass rushers but dline should be serviceable next year. Oline should be good. Now, we need to bring in some OL in this class we can redshirt. That's when we will behin truly getting back to where we should be

In the last few days, we have seen the toughness of Coach Pruitt. He dismissed banks, he was proud of the toughness of his team, he benched his starting QB, and he got energized by the crowd. He is tough and his team shows it. He has an outstanding coaching staff. I would say the wussification of Tennessee football is over.

hful5.jpg

image.jpg

Yes, I relate to this. My wife and I would sooner lose a limb than give up our seats.

Reactions: vollygirl
Go beat the chiclets out of everyone left on the schedule and I’ll agree.

Only time will tell, but before CJP we were 0-15 against SEC West teams. Under Pruitt's tenure we are 2-2.

Also, to-date under CJP, we are 2-6 against ranked teams. He was 2-3 his first year against ranked teams. While he is 0-3 this year, the losses came against #9 Florida, #3 Georgia, and #1 Alabama. Prior to his hire we were 7-34 against ranked teams the previous 10 seasons.

While the jury is still out and I would like to see much better results, it is hard not to argue that we have improved and are at least more competitive under his watch.

Only time will tell, but before CJP we were 0-15 against SEC West teams. Under Pruitt's tenure we are 2-2.

Also, to-date under CJP, we are 2-6 against ranked teams. He was 2-3 his first year against ranked teams. While he is 0-3 this year, the losses came against #9 Florida, #3 Georgia, and #1 Alabama. Prior to his hire we were 7-34 against ranked teams the previous 10 seasons.

While the jury is still out and I would like to see much better results, it is hard not to argue that we have improved and are at least more competitive under his watch.

What was Tennessee's record against Georgia State prior to Pruitt?

We weren't 0-15 against SEC West teams. We weren't 2-6 against ranked teams. All these stats are BS lowball stats compared to Butch Jones and Derek Dooley, the worst of the worst. Guess what. You and I both have the exact same amount of wins against SEC West opponents. That's not a metric you should be proud to beat. That should be the absolute minimum. It's still less than the average.

What was Tennessee's record against Georgia State prior to Pruitt?

We weren't 0-15 against SEC West teams. We weren't 2-6 against ranked teams. All these stats are BS lowball stats compared to Butch Jones and Derek Dooley, the worst of the worst. Guess what. You and I both have the exact same amount of wins against SEC West opponents. That's not a metric you should be proud to beat. That should be the absolute minimum. It's still less than the average.

Facts are facts. While past history can be unpleasant, it cannot be erased no matter how much the cancel culture deems it so.

Reactions: memtownvol
The same old pessimism, the same old optimism. Winning cures all (my dose of optimism).

Agree 100%. Why is it that nearly everything posted in here is either called out as whining by some or as overly optimistic by others? I’m excited by this team and this coach, GO VOLS beat Kensucky!!

Reactions: Golf freak
Facts are facts. While past history can be unpleasant, it cannot be erased no matter how much the cancel culture deems it so.

I agree facts are facts. You didn't state any facts though. You said some stuff that was only true only under a couple of coaches, the worst coaches in recent history, but you didn't qualify those "facts" accordingly. If you were to expand those "facts" out long term they aren't even close to true, and in fact would be pathetic stats comparatively.

This team is tough, gritty and determined. They have really bought into the things these coaches have been saying. This team has taken on the personality of its coach. There is no quit in them.

Excited for our staff and team, we have to stay focused down the stretch but I think we are coming together well as a team now. I expect us to play well tomorrow night and whip the kitty cats and come out of Lexington with a WIN! GBO!!!!!!

Good thread to draw all the trolls out. Bless there hearts

VN Store

Back