The Wussification of Vol Football is over

FortSanders

In the last few days, we have seen the toughness of Coach Pruitt. He dismissed banks, he was proud of the toughness of his team, he benched his starting QB, and he got energized by the crowd. He is tough and his team shows it. He has an outstanding coaching staff. I would say the wussification of Tennessee football is over.

In the last few days, we have seen the toughness of Coach Pruitt. He dismissed banks, he was proud of the toughness of his team, he benched his starting QB, and he got energized by the crowd. He is tough and his team shows it. He has an outstanding coaching staff. I would say the wussification of Tennessee football is over.

Perhaps, but the end result is exactly the same.

Is this Mrs. Pruitt?

Wow. This is going to result in an Orange Defense post within seconds. This message is right up his alley per his most recent post below.

“Don’t you just love Pruitt??? I’ve been 100% behind him from day 1. I saw a vision that he had from day 1, and I know we’re going to a Bama-like program...”

Wow. This is going to result in an Orange Defense post within seconds. This message is right up his alley per his most recent post below.

“Don’t you just love Pruitt??? I’ve been 100% behind him from day 1. I saw a vision that he had from day 1, and I know we’re going to a Bama-like program...”
That guy has to be a troll. Has to be. I would think even the most staunch Pruitt supporter would give O D the side eye.

Ok.

Tell that to this guy:

Not a good year so far. Dare I say we will see better football from here on out? This team started as a disaster but has gotten better each week. I won’t say wait until next year only lets just reevaluate at the end of this year.
"Gotten better each week", that is an opinion that would be hard to defend. We are 1-4, which week are you talking about? If you're hanging your hat on our Big Chattanooga win, God Bless Your Heart.

200.gif

Don't you ever, EVER, post a positive view point on this site. Pruitt is dead to us until he proves otherwise. On the other hand, I do see promise and will expect the strong coaching staff to gel and prove out over time.

Oh wow. Guess the 30 point loss at home was no biggie

Banks getting dismissed is no sign of toughness. His tirade was nationwide thanks to TMZ. He didn't dismiss him fast enough.

Reactions: albedo33
No
"Gotten better each week", that is an opinion that would be hard to defend. We are 1-4, which week are you talking about? If you're hanging your hat on our Big Chattanooga win, God Bless Your Heart.
No I am not referencing one week. I said we are getting better Each week. I never said our wins are getting better each week so no need to even bring that up that is irrelevant to the post I made. If you can’t see improvement with this team you obviously aren’t paying close attention. Are we where we want to be? Not even close but that doesn’t mean we aren’t getting better each week.

No

No I am not referencing one week. I said we are getting better Each week. I never said our wins are getting better each week so no need to even bring that up that is irrelevant to the post I made. If you can’t see improvement with this team you obviously aren’t paying close attention. Are we where we want to be? Not even close but that doesn’t mean we aren’t getting better each week.

Here's where we need to be....
Well the next obvious step is to manage a win against MSU. Then lose to Bama hope no major injuries. Beat a USCe @ home, handle UAB like they should, beat Kentucky on the road, lose a close one to Missouri on the road, destroy Vanderbilt at home. Take the extra Bowl prep practices get better and show recruits the team is trending UP.
Do this and the TEAM will have every Vol fan on board. This is a great Fan base.

Two more recruiting classes to cleanse the roster. Then we see what we have.

VN Store

Back