The WTF story of the Day

This is pretty interesting actually. I can see where the guy may have a legal right to keep it, but he also handled it badly.
A delivery truck mistakenly brought an 86-inch TV to his house. The cops took him to jail.

I don't know, if that happened to me I would have been annoyed that they sent the wrong TV but I would have called Amazon and asked them to make it right. Hell, they bend over backwards to help out if you're a frequent customer and it sounds like he is. I've called to complain about like a $20 item that broke and they say just order another one or something else and here's a $50 gift card to do it with.

But his response was to say hey look I got a freebie. I guess they'll settle the question of whether his actions were legal but at the very least they were kinda shabby. If you get or take something you know isn't yours and the rightful owner is known or knowable, then you're stealing it from them.

The fact that the delivery company screwed up only means it should be on their dime to make the situation right. It doesn't give the guy the right to keep something he wasn't supposed to get.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back