The WRASSLIN’ Thread

How is AEW these days? I stopped watching sometime after Punk’s return. It wasn’t because of him but the regular weekly shows started getting too formulaic. MJF was my favrit though.

I used to watch wrestling religiously. 80s, 90s, & early 00s. Stopped watching for some reason, can’t remember why. Tried watching it last night. It was the womens 6 man tag match. It was just painful to watch. They made no effort to hide the “fakeness” of all of it, which is what usually made it good. Back in the day, they made hella effort to make it look “real”. Maybe its just been too long for me. Couldn’t recognize anyone.

Side note- im watching WWE Rivals. I was not aware that Freddie Prinze JR, the actor, used to be a writer for WWE. That’s pretty cool

Even though I didn't get around to watching it,it sounds like a pretty decent show all in all. They went with the right choice winning the women's chamber match with Asuka. Also, the Sami/Bloodline storyline has been really good,and they've made the tag titles interesting going into WrestleMania where they're usually secondary.

I watched the replay. Enjoyed it. The only match that sucked was the Lesnar/Lashley match. I thought the Reigns/Zayn match was really good. But Damn.... Montez Ford was awesome in Elimination Chamber.

I can definitely see why Montez Ford is getting a really good push. I don't know if they're going to break up the Street Profits,but he'd be great as a mid-carder on his own with a short US or IC run. He has a lot of potential.

I don't know about anyone else, but oddly... I am really looking forward to the Uno/Mox match tomorrow night. I don't know why.

I can understand why. Outside of the Tag Team Battle Royal,it looks like the best match of the show. I've been watching more Rampage than Dynamite lately. Need to watch more often.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack

Sting should have demolished Hollywood that night. The nWo story still would’ve been huge.

Nash was right... The build up to the storyline going into Starcade '97 was one of the best in wrestling history. The match itself was terrible. I remember looking forward to that match as a 14 year old at the time,and being so disappointed with the result of it. Hogan messed with that match like he did so many in his career because "That doesn't work for me, brother!"

Anyone else keep up with Impact wrestling? I usually DVR it and check it out later after it's aired. That being said, I'll give them credit for the way they've done with Josh Alexander as World Champion. Guy is very talented,and has had some great matches as champ. Now the longest reigning champ they've had. Mickie James is also having a good run as knockouts champ. If she loses, she has to retire. I highly recommend it. It's obviously not on the level of AEW or WWE as far as talent level,but I've enjoyed it.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack

VN Store

Back