The WRASSLIN’ Thread

I'm having a convo with my friend. I need help. He claims that Elias' character and line "Walk With Elias" was indicative of him being a cult-like messianic character/false prophet.

I always thought Walk With Elias just referenced that he was a vagabond who walked everywhere.

I'm having a convo with my friend. I need help. He claims that Elias' character and line "Walk With Elias" was indicative of him being a cult-like messianic character/false prophet.

I always thought Walk With Elias just referenced that he was a vagabond who walked everywhere.
It's WWE, if Michael Cole never told us he was a cult leader then he was never meant to be a cult leader. They don't do subtle storytelling.

Anyone watch Raw last night? The Moment of Bliss segment was damn good with Randy, the Fiend and McIntyre. That was some good television.
They are pumping out, somehow, some of their best (Bray+Bliss, Roman) segments in recent memory, as well as some of the worst (RETRIBUTION). It's incredible. Bayley & Sasha are doing the best women's storyline work since right around the time Nia botched all over Becky's face. The Hurt Business is so good right now...MVP is such a star maker.

And yet, the angle with Mustafa Ali could be so good. He's so good. Yet they're jobbing them out to finish a terrible storyline. Ricochet is so good, yet they can't figure out anything for him. They can't stop reminding us that Jeff Hardy has addiction problems. They've killed so many tag teams recently (IIconics, Sasha/Bayley, Heavy Machinery, Kabuki Warriors, Bliss/Cross, Andrade/Garza, Ricochet/Alexander, Gulak/Bryan, Viking Raiders (injury), Rollins/Murphy, New Day (Big E), Lucha House Party (Kalisto), Nakamura/Cesaro (Zayn))

They are pumping out, somehow, some of their best (Bray+Bliss, Roman) segments in recent memory, as well as some of the worst (RETRIBUTION). It's incredible. Bayley & Sasha are doing the best women's storyline work since right around the time Nia botched all over Becky's face. The Hurt Business is so good right now...MVP is such a star maker.

And yet, the angle with Mustafa Ali could be so good. He's so good. Yet they're jobbing them out to finish a terrible storyline. Ricochet is so good, yet they can't figure out anything for him. They can't stop reminding us that Jeff Hardy has addiction problems. They've killed so many tag teams recently (IIconics, Sasha/Bayley, Heavy Machinery, Kabuki Warriors, Bliss/Cross, Andrade/Garza, Ricochet/Alexander, Gulak/Bryan, Viking Raiders (injury), Rollins/Murphy, New Day (Big E), Lucha House Party (Kalisto), Nakamura/Cesaro (Zayn))
I'm right there with you. WWE creative is doing a great job at the top of the card, but mostly awful below that. It's maddening.

Last edited:
Reactions: headhunter15

It's always been pretty well known that Vince doesn't like tag-team wrestling but I agree with you that what they've done with that area of the business is just plain awful. Some of the ones you've mentioned are superb teams and not many of them have amazing workers that can make a splash on their own. There are a few but mostly, those teams should be pushed more to allow that genre of wrestling to take a hold with the audience. The story lines at the bottom of the card are non-existent. The Retribution angle has been a complete waste of time and I wish they'd just admit they made a mistake and move on from it. All the build up and they come in and just lose...Doesn't make sense. Ali is a really solid wrestler and would be great as a single or even as a tag-team with someone really good but they throw him in there and for what? He's a glorified Iron Mike Sharpe at this point.
I'm the biggest mark for Alexa Bliss as I'm in complete love with her and Bray is my favorite current wrestler along with Orton but I have to say...What they are doing with Bray and Alexa is just PERFECT. The Fiend does such a great job at the psychology part. Just a simple look or squint of the eyes or something subtle. He's great...Now, they're getting Alexa to really show how good she can be with that part of the acting and I'm impressed. I'm really looking forward to see how this angle plays out. I'd like to see the Fiend win the title again but I don't want him to be a transitional champion like he was last time. I'm not sure if Orton is going to be a long time champ and I really don't see they giving it back to Drew so I don't know what's going to happen. Would love to see Fiend and Alexa with the mens and womans titles and hold them for a bit.
I'm with you on Bayley and Sasha as well. That's been a long payoff for that story. Similar to Hogan and Savage with Elizabeth back in the day, they played the long game and it showed that it can be very successful. I hope they learn a lesson from that.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
There's word that Thunder Rosa signed with WWE. All show tonight I was getting my hopes up that she would be introduced tonight.
1. Her character wears the Sugar Skull, honoring Dia de Muertos. This week is Dia de Muertos. It's perfect.
2. All of Legado Del Fantasma wore half-Sugar Skull paint, just like her. Perfect.
3. The final match of the night was for Women's Championship. Great time to introduce a new competitor.
4. There was a graveyard ringside. She is billed from the Graveyards of Tijuana, Mexico. PERFECT.

Every 20 minutes I felt more and more that it was gonna happen. I thought they'd hit her music, she'd show up in the graveyard, and Legado Del Fantasma music would hit next with them joining her, potentially her linking hand-in-hand with Santos Escobar. I'm honestly a little crushed it didn't happen.

There's word that Thunder Rosa signed with WWE. All show tonight I was getting my hopes up that she would be introduced tonight.
1. Her character wears the Sugar Skull, honoring Dia de Muertos. This week is Dia de Muertos. It's perfect.
2. All of Legado Del Fantasma wore half-Sugar Skull paint, just like her. Perfect.
3. The final match of the night was for Women's Championship. Great time to introduce a new competitor.
4. There was a graveyard ringside. She is billed from the Graveyards of Tijuana, Mexico. PERFECT.

Every 20 minutes I felt more and more that it was gonna happen. I thought they'd hit her music, she'd show up in the graveyard, and Legado Del Fantasma music would hit next with them joining her, potentially her linking hand-in-hand with Santos Escobar. I'm honestly a little crushed it didn't happen.

Yeah, was hoping AEW would sign her, but I guess WWE made an offer she couldn't refuse. Might have to watch some WWE programming now as she is my favorite women's wrestler after Shida.

Eh. I don't trust that they have the powerrr (lol) to stop anyone from going to WWE if that's what the person wants
Well Billy Corgan made statement that she's isn't going anywhere and she made a video that basically said not to believe the rumors. A couple things you have to consider when assuming that she might sign with the WWE are that she just started her own promotion and she also does mma. Those are things she wouldn't be able to do if she signed with WWE.

Awesome news! i hadn't heard that. Hopefully she doesn't actually sell-out to the evil empire.
If the absolute best collection of opponents for you is in WWE, where they actually create storylines for more than 3 women in the company, is it selling out just because they'll also pay you more than any other company?

Like, the payday is nice. But also, no women's division in the world holds a candle to NXT. Thunder Rosa v. Io Shirai? Money. Thunder Rosa v. Candice LeRae/Rhea Ripley/Dakota Kai/Toni Storm? Seriously. Why would a woman want to be in a different promotion? (and I'm not even mentioning my absolute favorite shotzi)

If the absolute best collection of opponents for you is in WWE, where they actually create storylines for more than 3 women in the company, is it selling out just because they'll also pay you more than any other company?

Like, the payday is nice. But also, no women's division in the world holds a candle to NXT. Thunder Rosa v. Io Shirai? Money. Thunder Rosa v. Candice LeRae/Rhea Ripley/Dakota Kai/Toni Storm? Seriously. Why would a woman want to be in a different promotion? (and I'm not even mentioning my absolute favorite shotzi)
The women’s NXT division is insane
They need to expand the main roster

VN Store

Back