The WOW offense....

Wow, my head is spinning...the possibilities

With our stable of running backs, and our new offensive recruits, it would be sweet to see us mix it up frequently. Some hard running here, some spread there, some winning everywhere...we really have to opportunity to keep defenses off balance, I feel.

And with all this talk of nastiness these past few weeks I think Gerald's nickname should just be "Nasty," whaddya say Millwood?

when has Tennessee or Cutcliff actually created a set of plays for one player ,in this case a true freshman, that they have ACTUALLY USED more than 3 to 4 times in a complete season?

i know you want to be optimistic however history dictates otherwise.
Eric Locke?:birgits_giggle:

Bring him in and run a draw, which everyone and their brother knew we were doing, and then we would take him out.:crazy:

sportscenter is good, but nastiness is better. kinda like sweetness, but even cooler.

Man this offense would be sick but rarely used, but i agree this offense would spread any team out. Then you put Crompton back in and out making the defense confused. We are gonna be an offense juggernaut in few years. here is how i see it in 2 years

QB: J. Crompton
RB: L. Coker
WR: A.Paige,B.Vinson,Gerald Jones, Hancock
TE: J.Cottam,Cooper
Center: McNiel
LG:Ramone Foster
RG: Malcom Rawls
LT: Chris Scott
RT: V.Richards

i'll call him tonight and see if he will.... then maybe one day this week we can do an interview and he can answer some questions for you guys...

Man this offense would be sick but rarely used, but i agree this offense would spread any team out. Then you put Crompton back in and out making the defense confused. We are gonna be an offense juggernaut in few years. here is how i see it in 2 years

QB: J. Crompton
RB: L. Coker
WR: A.Paige,B.Vinson,Gerald Jones, Hancock
TE: J.Cottam,Cooper
Center: McNiel
LG:Ramone Foster
RG: Malcom Rawls
LT: Chris Scott
RT: V.Richards

Nah, McClendon will be starting beside McNeil to form the Nasty Boys for Coker's delight.

I believe Tony Hunt ran for 152 yards. That's what PSU showed us.

Agreed, but there is a big difference, and as a Penn State Alum with many Penn State fans as friends, they will tell you the same thing, Tony Hunt was suppose to get his yards because he is a damn good running back, but Anthony Morellie sucks, and we made him look like a top five QB. Big difference. Did we get hosed by Hunt, yup. Did we get hosed by Morellie, absolutely. I think I can handle Hunt more than Morellie

That's true. Even the homer announcer Blackledge was talking about you Morelli was playing over his head.

Whether it was that, his coming of age, or UT just stinking it up... that was probably the best game of the guy's life.

What's being talked about here isn't far fetched like some think. Schaeffer ran quite a bit. Martin ran. Shuler ran.

It would be kind of fun watching people try to figure out which sub 4.4 guy had the ball before it was too late.

If Vladimir Richards can learn the plays, he will be one of the better guards to play at UT in awhile

There's a real opportunity for an OC to get really creative with the offense with that much speed. I hope Cutcliffe and Fulmer go in with an open mind, instead of trying to form these players around their offense, form an offense that takes advantage of this much speed.

everyone must just be giddy over this recruiting class.

now can we please get back to reality.

Tennessee has run the same basic offense with slight modifications since Majors was the coach. Yes, when Fulmer took over some modifications were made but the bread and butter has stayed the same. Moreover Cutcliff did not come in and revamp the whole offense!!!!!!!!! Why do you think that Phil hired him..... comfort level coaching philosophy... UNDERSTANDS THE TENNESSEE OFFENSE.....

The main thing that he did was bench the fullback and use a the tight end or slot back for blocking help. he also used the short pass more often because the running game sucked!!!!

You can bet your a** that if the Vols could have run the ball like back in the day, you would not have seen hardly any distinction in the the 2006 team and Cut offenses of old..

Finally, if the Vols line improves and they have success running the ball you will have flashbacks to pre 1999 Vol offenses.

Martin and Schuler ran when nothing was open or to avoid sack/pressure.

Their both liked to sit in the pocket and throw the ball. They just had the ability to run.

And you see hw schaeffer is doingnow

I think they will open it up more...

how long have you watched UT football????

Tennessee has a long history of being more conservative on offense. They often times coach not to lose (for ex. UT v FLa 2006).

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

how long have you watched UT football????

Tennessee has a long history of being more conservative on offense. They often times coach not to lose (for ex. UT v FLa 2006).

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Yes, because what UT did in the past is completely relevant to what they will do next season? I seem to remember Cutcliffe's "same ol same ol" offense putting up pretty big time numbers in the mid-90's. He has athletes to run some different variations out of our basic set. I think that is what you will see. But, like he said. We will just have to wait and see.

VN Store

Back