The Woke Olympics

FO was just an example of being punished (stick) vs having income (carrot)..Crimey.

Plenty of people work when they don't need the income, whether because they enjoy it or for a sense of purpose or whatever else. None of this is particularly close to the original topic, which is that one can very easily be a good person without heaven and hell to scare them straight.

Simone Biles is the most talented gymnast of this generation, maybe the past hundred years. Her routines are performed at such a level that other gymnasts have sustained career ending injuries trying to copy them.

The Olympic Committee told her than her ability would be ignored and her performance would be scored down in order to prevent other gymnasts from attempting to compete at her level.

She could either perform her sport-breaking routine and barely medal, change her routine and not medal at all due to lack of time to practice, or go home.

In the end, she used her free speech to protest the asinine rules by the Olympic Committee and send a message that her exceptional ability should be celebrated, not penalized.

She did the conservative thing. And it's been celebrated. Except, oddly, by here.
I agree. Calling her a quitter is like calling the Mona Lisa a napkin doodle.

remember? Female bad. Gay female waaaay bad. Gay female that “tells it like it is” = maximum conservative outrage! Nevermind the fact that she’s a member of the only soccer team that will ever bring a World Cup championship to US soil.

Women have a World Cup?

Plenty of people work when they don't need the income, whether because they enjoy it or for a sense of purpose or whatever else. None of this is particularly close to the original topic, which is that one can very easily be a good person without heaven and hell to scare them straight.

The original topic was not "can one be a good person.." It was Christians lead their lives according to sticks and carrots of an afterlife. And then basically called POS, when in everyday life everyone does in their daily lives.

Women have a World Cup?

"FIFA announced on Friday that a combined 1.12 billion viewers tuned into official broadcast coverage of the 2019 Women's World Cup held in France. The final match between the United States and the Netherlands drew an average live audience of 82.18 million and reached a total of 263.62 million unique viewers. "

Reactions: AshG
Simone Biles is the most talented gymnast of this generation, maybe the past hundred years. Her routines are performed at such a level that other gymnasts have sustained career ending injuries trying to copy them.

The Olympic Committee told her than her ability would be ignored and her performance would be scored down in order to prevent other gymnasts from attempting to compete at her level.

She could either perform her sport-breaking routine and barely medal, change her routine and not medal at all due to lack of time to practice, or go home.

In the end, she used her free speech to protest the asinine rules by the Olympic Committee and send a message that her exceptional ability should be celebrated, not penalized.

She did the conservative thing. And it's been celebrated. Except, oddly, by here.

I'd be careful about tossing around that "hundred years" figure...

Nadia Comăneci is the first that comes to mind about setting the bar for Olympic gymnasts.

WARNING - In other news the leftist media darling Simone quit due to head issues and if you dare question it you will be labeled a racist

On this specific one I am giving her a pass. She is barely removed from the sexual harassment situation that occurred for decades and probably has PTSD. They also would not allow her support group due to Covid so she was very isolated.

She probably had severe flashbacks.

Now why she is still competing as an individual I don’t quite get.

Reactions: AM64
The original topic was not "can one be a good person.." It was Christians lead their lives according to sticks and carrots of an afterlife. And then basically called POS, when in everyday life everyone does in their daily lives.

Franklin Pierce posted his Chicken Little "OMG, without heaven and hell there would be no morals!!!" post, and then Huff said: "If you need the concept of heaven and hell to make you act right, then you're a POS."

That's not all Christians, it's the ones who NEED that concept to act right and would apparently be sh***y people without it, which I would say is a small percentage

That was my understanding..that it was more her taking issue with the new scoring metrics, which to me, is a horrible reflection of the Olympic committee to artificially “even the playing field”. A biased, income redistribution of sport scoring, so to speak.

Last edited:
Quitting is the new winning!

vZA56j2.jpg

remember? Female bad. Gay female waaaay bad. Gay female that “tells it like it is” = maximum conservative outrage! Nevermind the fact that she’s a member of the only soccer team that will ever bring a World Cup championship to US soil.

I mean, I get all that. It's their MO.

I'm trying to have him dissect the etymology of Rappinhoe. I want to taste his wit.

Reactions: NashVol11
Franklin Pierce posted his Chicken Little "OMG, without heaven and hell there would be no morals!!!" post, and then Huff said: "If you need the concept of heaven and hell to make you act right, then you're a POS."

That's not all Christians, it's the ones who NEED that concept to act right and would apparently be sh***y people without it, which I would say is a small percentage

I did not see FP post "without heaven and hell there would be no morals" Can you post that?

What do you thing Lennon was trying to convey with that song? Imagine no consequence to afterlife is my thought. Imagine No Heaven was athesist opinion IMO. No Consequence to life choices and.....here we are.

I never said one could be a "good person" with or without religion. In fact some modern organized religion has become vomit,

Life is sticks and carrots in life and afterlife IMO.

Plato dispatched of this argument hundreds of years before Christianity was created.

Reactions: Lawrence Wright

Yes, she was a member of that team. Team. United in purpose, focus, and goals. And it showed.

Now? She is a member of a team that has lost its' purpose, its' focus, and thus it will likely fall short of its' goal. And it shows.

Forgive me for not standing (or kneeling, is it?) to applaud the most divisive athlete on the most talented team U.S. Women's Soccer has ever fielded.

That would be "telling it like it is". They might yet win gold, but if they do it will be in spite of her, not because of her. There's no "I" in a team, and she had been nothing but all about her, and her agenda, for quite awhile now.

That, again, would be telling it like it is. It's not about her being gay; it's about her being "her".

Evidence?

Reactions: BreatheUT
Is this for real? I’d heard she dropped out and it wasn’t due to injury but I hadn’t heard it was a protest against some BS Olympic Committee decision.

That some crap if that’s true.

Reactions: Orangeburst
I hadn't thought about her. Was she Soviet? She probably was grown in a lab. What they did to their athletes on a daily basis waa unconscionable.

Romanian. The first Olympic gymnast to score a prefect 10.

Yeah, I get it, Biles is the most winning gymnast of all time, but the "best" is certainly debatable.

WARNING - In other news the leftist media darling Simone quit due to head issues and if you dare question it you will be labeled a racist

You mean competing at the highest level (in anything!) is difficult and stressful?

VN Store

Back