The Winner in the BCS Sweepstakes is...

Lexvol

I'm Your Huckleberry
With USC going down last night who will benefit the most? I'm going with Oklahoma.

well, i think the top dogs in the SEC and Big 12 both got a little boost last night.

i think OK has the best chance of going undefeated, so i agree with you Lex on OK.

but this puts 4 teams from the SEC and two teams from the big 12 in position, provided they continue to win, in play for the national title.......

but at the end of the day.........the biggest winner could be........Penn State.

will all the hoopla about Ohio State in the pre season, it's Penn State that's playing the best ball in the Big 10. their problem......their schedule.......they're at Wisconsin and at Ohio state. michigan and michigan state come to State College. but an undefeated Penn State will be hard to overlook........

well, i think the top dogs in the SEC and Big 12 both got a little boost last night.

i think OK has the best chance of going undefeated, so i agree with you Lex on OK.

but this puts 4 teams from the SEC and two teams from the big 12 in position, provided they continue to win, in play for the national title.......

but at the end of the day.........the biggest winner could be........Penn State.

will all the hoopla about Ohio State in the pre season, it's Penn State that's playing the best ball in the Big 10. their problem......their schedule.......they're at Wisconsin and at Ohio state. michigan and michigan state come to State College. but an undefeated Penn State will be hard to overlook........

Your Penn State thread inspired this. Penn State is not going undefeated. The way I see it is that Oklahoma will be impressive enough to get in with one loss now.

South Florida might come out of this smelling like a rose as well. We shall see.

Alabama just might be for real already. I shouldn't say this without seeing them against Georgia yet, But they might be the best bet to run the SEC table...Tide/Sooners

Man do I hate typing stuff like that..

Your Penn State thread inspired this. Penn State is not going undefeated. The way I see it is that Oklahoma will be impressive enough to get in with one loss now.

South Florida might come out of this smelling like a rose as well. We shall see.
:hi:truthfully, i don't think they will either. they haven't played anyone worth mentioning, despite what Or State did last night.

South Fl huh? i guess i can see it, but kind of like PSU, i don't see them going undefeated either, which they'd have to do.

i think this will do what most will think it will do.......it puts the Big 12 and SEC champs in prime position to meet for the title.

think about the matchups........Georgia vs. Oklahoma.........Florida vs. Missouri (can you imagine the Tebow/Daniel lovefest that would certinaly be the precursor to that game?)

and you probalby get a rematch of USC/OSU in the Rose bowl. now that'd be funny.:eek:lol:

Alabama just might be for real already. I shouldn't say this without seeing them against Georgia yet, But they might be the best bet to run the SEC table...Tide/Sooners

another match up that would generate a TON of interest......

Who has alabama played again??? oh ok just checking and last time I checked they still had john parker as their qb

Mizzou.

Ou has some tough games coming up with TCU, Tceh, t.u., and possibly a ranked Kansas team.

Mizzou will roll, after they beat t.u.

Last edited:

I don't get these things right before the fact very often, so forgive me while I toot my own horn for a sec...

toot.

I'm still going to say it's Oklahoma vs. USC for the title. If a SEC team makes it they'll more than likely have 2 losses and I just don't see USC and the other candidates all losing at least 2 games.

With that said, I think each of the winners of the Pac 10, Big 12, and SEC will probablly have 2 losses.

VN Store

Back