The Wait...

She's not dumb, she's not laughing all the way to the bank, she's not purposely destroying Pat's legacy. She's just not a component D1 Head Coach. Can you imagine her agony at this very public career failing, especially under the circumstances in which she got the job? I feel very sorry for her.

It is nice to finally see somebody post the words I put in bold on here.

Facts.

She's had plenty of time and chances, she has made a ton of money. I feel sorry for UT that she hasn't gotten it done. It's time for others to get the chance to coach at a iconic place like UT with all it's history in the womens game. It's time for Holly to see it's time for her to go. We have not improved one bit in 7 years, I am sick of her excuses and comments. I wish her well, but it's time for her to go for the good of the University.

Reactions: alaVOL
Let's just be thankful that the respect factor still exists
We ARE a bubble team, on paper
But in talent we are far and away much better than what we are on paper
Creme saw this and mentioned it
He knows a team like this can make magic
With Holly coaching this team it's not going to make magic, it hasn't made magic in 7 years. All we have is bad basketball and underachieving to show for it. That's reality. It's time for Holly to LEAVE!

T
Let's just be thankful that the respect factor still exists
We ARE a bubble team, on paper
But in talent we are far and away much better than what we are on paper
Creme saw this and mentioned it
He knows a team like this can make magic
Lady Vols haven't made magic in 10 + years. This team won't either. Multiplicity of reasons including players talent stagnating due to lack coaching or inability to learn from their own mistakes, example, 4 years of Jackson throwing that one handed pass into the stands.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
T

Lady Vols haven't made magic in 10 + years. This team won't either. Multiplicity of reasons including players talent stagnating due to lack coaching or inability to learn from their own mistakes, example, 4 years of Jackson throwing that one handed pass into the stands.
this team is more than capable of making a run. But if they are indeed going to let Holly go or if Holly is going to retire, resign it needs to happen before they going to this last leg of the tournament. Otherwise these kids are going to go into a tournament with the thought that winning will only extend Holly contract. If the administration will wise up and understand that it's not the team that is liking effort it is the coaching staff not being able to get the effort. It's I will accept that fact and understand it then you will see a magical ring. And if it needed someone to step in, I can be there tomorrow

(voice text)

Last edited:
this team is more than capable of making a run. But if they are indeed going to let Holly go or if Holly is going to retire, resign it needs to happen before they going to this last leg of the tournament. Otherwise these kids are going to go into a tournament with the thought that winning will only extend Holly contract. If the administration will wise up and understand that it's not the team that is liking effort it is the coaching staff not being able to get the effort. It's I will accept that fact and understand it then you will see a magical ring. And if it needed someone to step in, I can be there tomorrow
I doubt that they're going to let Holly go before the NCAAT. It seldom, if ever, happens that way.
Do you really think the players are consciously considering losing on purpose to increase the chance of Holly being fired ?
Did the players not know who their coach was going to be when they signed their letters on intent ?
And you're the voice of reason, that the LV's should consider hiring, to get the team back on track ?

I doubt that they're going to let Holly go before the NCAAT. It seldom, if ever, happens that way.
Do you really think the players are consciously considering losing on purpose to increase the chance of Holly being fired ?
Did the players not know who their coach was going to be when they signed their letters on intent ?
And you're the voice of reason, that the LV's should consider hiring, to get the team back on track ?

Yes I am the voice not of reason but one who would speak as a CEO right now. I would recognize that my Frontline staff needed a change now. Right now these girls have no idea if they're going to be under the same coach next year because nothing has been said neither positive nor negative. And when you play in an uncertain environment you cannot put your heart into it.

Yes they knew who their coach was they formed a relationship with her long before coming here they chose Holly and she chose them! Maybe it’s hard for some to grasp this but the players like their coach!

Reactions: ruvol and T_Vol376
Yes they knew who their coach was they formed a relationship with her long before coming here they chose Holly and she chose them! Maybe it’s hard for some to grasp this but the players like their coach!

Maybe it's hard for some to grasp, there are people who fell in love with a wife or husband and two or three years later couldn't wait to get a divorce.

Reactions: mcannon1
I know most on here do not want to see TENN in the NCAAs, but does the team keep practicing until they find out if they are in or not? How awkward. I feel for the players, they don't deserve to be in this situation...

Not sure why you think this. I want them to make the NCAAT. With a little luck the Committee will be mindful of the legacy if they feel substance has come up short

Missing the NCAAT would be the worst insult to bear

Not sure why you think this. I want them to make the NCAAT. With a little luck the Committee will be mindful of the legacy if they feel substance has come up short

Missing the NCAAT would be the worst insult to bear
I also want them to make it, but the legacy should not even be factored into the decision.

They (and their parents) likely already knew the storied history of the Tennessee Lady Vols long before they ever met Holly, too, so there's no way to know if they were more attracted to Tennessee because of Warlick, or because of a longtime affection for the program because of Pat or past players.

Yes, Holly is a likable person. But she's not the ONLY likable person who could coach Tennessee, and there could actually be some likable person who is a far better developer of championship-winning players.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Bad news for bubble teams today. Central Michigan lost to Buffalo in the MAC semis. Both teams should have secured a spot. Things get dicey if Ohio wins the tournament...then both get in and off the bubble, leaving Tennessee is a really bad spot. The Drake vs Mz State game might be the deal breaker if Kellie's team pulls off the upset.

Reactions: Tonya Renea
Bad news for bubble teams today. Central Michigan lost to Buffalo in the MAC semis. Both teams should have secured a spot. Things get dicey if Ohio wins the tournament...then both get in and off the bubble, leaving Tennessee is a really bad spot. The Drake vs Mz State game might be the deal breaker if Kellie's team pulls off the upset.
o_O
Thanks for keeping track of all this.

Holly's still HC..... The wait.....

Mutant thoughts, of bad mouthed news
It's just another birth, of distorted views

Metallica?

Creme's "Last Four In" are Indiana, Buffalo, Tennessee and Ohio. Buffalo and Ohio both won impressively today and will play for the MAC title, which probably puts them both in for sure. If Drake loses their Conference Tourney they will still keep their bid, and Missouri State would take one away from..... Indiana or Tennessee?

Indiana RPI .585 W/L 20 – 12 SOS .5700

Tenn RPI .574 W/L 19 – 12 SOS .5675

I suggest everyone root for Drake. (Also, I'm not as sure as Charlie that James Madison doesn't deserve an at-large bid.)

...Do you?
PG1 probably doesn't know how the players feel, but he didn't make any proclamations that he did. While you stated that if Holly didn't retire or was fired before the tournament that "these kids are going to go into a tournament with the thought that winning will only extend Holly (sic) contract".
You "know" what they're thinking, or rather, would be thinking if Holly is still their coach during the tournament.

It is nice to finally see somebody post the words I put in bold on here.

Facts.
Those are my words you put in bold and labeled as "Facts". So why not also bold the "Facts" in the middle that you carefully skipped which give the "Facts" you chose much needed context? That bothers me.

My point is simply that CHW has made a strong enough case for not being the LV coach with her job performance or lack thereof. Personal attacks are not needed to bolster that case and in fact only build up sympathy for her and make us look like trolls and possibly even prolong her stay and the program's agony.

Last edited:
Those are my words you put in bold and labeled as "Facts". So why not also bold the "Facts" in the middle that you carefully skipped which give the "Facts" you chose much needed context? That bothers me.

My point is simply that CHW has made a strong enough case for not being the LV coach with her job performance or lack thereof. Personal attacks are not needed to bolster that case and in fact only build up sympathy for her and make us look like dumbasses and possibly even prolong her stay and the program's agony.
2w2sj5.jpg

Updated Creme bracketology has Tennessee as last team in, with two mid majors with guaranteed at large bids (Rice and Drake) still yet to seal their conference automatic bid. Holly is going to be sweating it out until the very end. Tennessee really doesn't have an impressive resume. No top 25 wins, and 4 of their 6 top 50 wins are against teams with an RPI of 47-50. I could easily see them not making the field even if Drake/Rice win out based on merit, and sadly it seems if they make it in, it will only be because they are Tennessee. I wonder how the players feel waiting to hear their fate? Probably not something they thought would ever be in the realm of possibility when they signed their LOI as high school seniors.

Reactions: travis929 and glv98
Updated Creme bracketology has Tennessee as last team in, with two mid majors with guaranteed at large bids (Rice and Drake) still yet to seal their conference automatic bid. Holly is going to be sweating it out until the very end. Tennessee really doesn't have an impressive resume. No top 25 wins, and 4 of their 6 top 50 wins are against teams with an RPI of 47-50. I could easily see them not making the field even if Drake/Rice win out based on merit, and sadly it seems if they make it in, it will only be because they are Tennessee. I wonder how the players feel waiting to hear their fate? Probably not something they thought would ever be in the realm of possibility when they signed their LOI as high school seniors.
If they don't get an NCAA Tournament invitation do you think they will accept a WNIT invitation?

VN Store

Back