The wait is going to be too long....

g8terh8ter_eric

No Disassemble!
Is anyone else besides me more pumped about what next season holds more than you have been in a VERY long time?? Even with the return of Cut as our OC I knew what we were getting and it wasn't that exciting, it was just better than Randy Sanders. The new direction we are going in is something we all wanted. It just kills me that we are going to have to wait until this fall to see our Vols play. The energy I feel right now is just unbelievable.. I first started watching and following UT football when Andy Kelly was our QB in 1990. I believe that's when we had Alvin Harper and Carl Pickens on the same team. It's just amazing to me that since those days our offense hasn't been that much different other than losing the FB the past 2 seasons due to injury. I mean Clawson runs the same kind of offense, but it just seems to me that he wants to get the ball in the hands of people who can do amazing things with it and not just catch a 5 yard screen every play. I could be wrong about Clawson, but I don't think we will be comparing his playcalling to Cut's at anytime during next season. I also believe that Fulmer WILL NOT micromanage Clawson. I believe Fulmer will let Clawson do amazing things with our offense and get us to that next level. It's definitely going to be the longest offseason I believe I have ever endured for UT football and I believe it's going to be worth EVERY minute of the wait. GO VOLS and SEC CHAMPS 08!!!

Where are all the fans who were demanding CHANGE and new direction?.....well we are getting it and I AM EXCITED! I think we should have a HUGE turnout for the SPRING game and get some POSITIVE VIBES throughout our fan base. Our VOLS are great in all sports and recruits should pick up on the energy and pride that is evident at our University and from the fans. GO VOLS!!!

Where are all the fans who were demanding CHANGE and new direction?.....well we are getting it and I AM EXCITED! I think we should have a HUGE turnout for the SPRING game and get some POSITIVE VIBES throughout our fan base. Our VOLS are great in all sports and recruits should pick up on the energy and pride that is evident at our University and from the fans. GO VOLS!!!
That worked out great for Bama didn't it.

g8terh8ter,

I am from Baxter and lived in Cookeville for several years. I agree with your post and am thinking of going to the spring game for the first time since Peyton was there. I bet the attendance at this years spring game will be more than some lower tier SEC schools draw at regular season games.

I'm pumped also. I like the idea that other coaches are going to have to work to figure out what we will do on offense next year. For many years now we have had the same inbred offense. We ran it pretty good and at times it was stellar, but I am ready for something different.

g8terh8ter,

I am from Baxter and lived in Cookeville for several years. I agree with your post and am thinking of going to the spring game for the first time since Peyton was there. I bet the attendance at this years spring game will be more than some lower tier SEC schools draw at regular season games.

doubtful.

i was playing ncaa football todayand it got me very excited for what this coming season may hold for us. I really like drayton and him already out there recruiting! GO VOLS!

I just saw the press conference with Clawson and boy I think he was the right pick and also scott! They are young and are just what we needed here! GO VOLS!! Sept. needs to hurry up and get here!

Totally agree with the OP. Can't wait to see his offense in action. I don't expect much by the O&W game, but hopefully we'll see glimpses of the good stuff to come.

I am also very excited about the new coaches added to the staff. Short of firing Fulmer, replacing Chavis (and Slade if he isn't being replaced) is the only other change that I wish was being made.

That having been said, I do not expect UT to be a great team next year. We'll have a new quarterback next year, and we'll still have issues with our defensive line and secondary.

Eh, We'll see. I'm optimistic, yet enjoy the break from being a nervous wreck every week.

I wouldn't love it so much if it wasn't at a premium.

I'd calm down a little bit about 2008 talk.
yeah, i said it in a post over the weekend, i'm very excited about the "newness" of what has transpired, but at the same time, i don't know that it's going to guarantee anything immediately as it relates to titles. we still have some personnel issues on D to be settled and qb spot to fill. and while i'm confident that JC can step in and fill in nicely, it is still the unknown as to how he'll do as the no. 1. (i'm assuming he gets the nod obviously).

combine that with the fact that neither FL or GA are going to suck and that Auburn is basically in the same shoes we are, there's enough to be excited about on our end, and enough out there to still have some trepidation over as well--let's face it, the schedule next year is pretty tough...i don't know what to expect from UCLA, but another cross country trip, @ GA, @ Auburn, @ SC, and Bama and FL coming to town is enough to keep the "unrealistic" in check for me.

excited though none the less.

VN Store

Back