The vaunted Stetson Bennett makes the draft at #128.

Kirby has been at Georgia 7 years.

His teams have played in 3 NY6 bowls, 3 playoffs, 3 national title games, 5 SEC title games, won 2 SEC titles, and won 2 national titles.

His teams average 11.5 wins a season.

What the hell is the problem again?

How many QBs were drafted ahead of him including 2Hs who was drafted arlound 50 players better? As long as Smart is coach at UGA he'll do a decent job of nationally recruiting quality QBs and then find a way to put a mediocre Georgia kid in front of them like Bennett. Bennett's two NCs were won in spite of him as he was the weakest link of the 22 starting players imo. LOL
yeah I wouldn't read into the draft being the end all be all on quarterbacks. Anthony Richardson was taken in the first. Will Levis second in the second. I would take HH or Stetson over either one of those guys in the college game by a country mile. and would take HH over any of them in the pros.

and there is no way to argue Stetson was the weakest link or holding them back. Its not a coincidence they won their two modern NCs with him under center. He may not be very talented, but the kid knows how to win, and that can't be undersold.

Kirby has been at Georgia 7 years.

His teams have played in 3 NY6 bowls, 3 playoffs, 3 national title games, 5 SEC title games, won 2 SEC titles, and won 2 national titles.

His teams average 11.5 wins a season.

What the hell is the problem again?
It's about time for another "Kirby Smart has hit his ceiling" thread. We need a dumbass to start that thread. Who we gonna get?

HH had a higher drafted OL and 2 WRs taken before any uga skill players. Did he only have success because the elite talent around him? Also, you see how wide open Hyatt was all season? How hard was it to make those throws?

I'm not sure what point you're making here. I didn't say Bennet's entire O-Line was seniors.

And the response was about how Bennet "lit us up", so the point I was making was that we made it easy for him.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
Is possible SBIV made the guys around him better, rather than the other way around? The Rams have plans for the former walk-on-turned-JUCO-turned-two-time-NC-winning-QB from Blackshear GA, who is currently 2nd on the depth chart behind 35 year old Matthew Stafford.

Is possible SBIV made the guys around him better, rather than the other way around? The Rams have plans for the former walk-on-turned-JUCO-turned-two-time-NC-winning-QB from Blackshear GA, who is currently 2nd on the depth chart behind 35 year old Matthew Stafford.

Did the 2 star make his army of 5 stars better? I highly doubt it.

Wow. Just wow. I'm not onboard the Bennett hate wagon or anything like that. He was drafted when it made sense.

I'm just constantly amazed how many Vols see it necessary to jump to the defense of uga when the program or players are insulted on a Tennessee board.

How well Bennett does in the NFL with equal talent surrounding him should prove a lot on which statement is more true:

Stetson Bennett is a great QB.

Georgia is a great team.

Wow. Just wow. I'm not onboard the Bennett hate wagon or anything like that. He was drafted when it made sense.

I'm just constantly amazed how many Vols see it necessary to jump to the defense of uga when the program or players are insulted on a Tennessee board.

Yeah I don't get it. Just a few posts above a Vol fan was trying to downplay Hooker to make Stetson look better, what in the world is that??

Reactions: VolInNW
Yeah I don't get it. Just a few posts above a Vol fan was trying to downplay Hooker to make Stetson look better, what in the world is that??

I agree. You don't see it with Bama, Florida, Kentucky, Vandy, etc. But make one negative post about the trash program to the south, and VolDawgs come out of the woodwork.

Personally, I could give two bowel movements less where any given uga QB goes in the draft. Frankly, with the hits they take and the money they make the programs, I think every NCAA football player should make bank. If Bennett is successful in the NFL, then more power to him.

defending Georgia, or pointing out a bad argument?

Calling a bs argument a bs argument doesn't mean you are defending the subject matter. it just means you think the bs is bs. I have no idea why we think calling out bs means you aren't a fan of the Vols.

Reactions: Nooga
Did the 2 star make his army of 5 stars better? I highly doubt it.
how many NCs did those 5 stars win before SB? do you think Georgia goes back to back again, four championships in a row, without SB?

Georgia was the composite #2 talented teams in 2021, and 2022. #1 in 2020, #3 in 18 and 19.

defending Georgia, or pointing out a bad argument?

Calling a bs argument a bs argument doesn't mean you are defending the subject matter. it just means you think the bs is bs. I have no idea why we think calling out bs means you aren't a fan of the Vols.

Never said that. It is just that the VolDawgs in here go far beyond simply pointing out an error. Y'all go full throated, often arguing more vigorously and extoling uga more than the actual uga fans in here.

Georgia was the composite #2 talented teams in 2021, and 2022. #1 in 2020, #3 in 18 and 19

Good example. Congratulations to you and uga for achieving such amazing stats. I know you must be proud.

In the end, brother, it doesn't mean you aren't a Vol, or that you are a bad person or anything. I am just amazed at the energy some of you guys put into defending another program.

What certain people cannot tolerate and immediately and at length start arguing about vs what doesn't bother them and occasions no response gives you the answer. It's a huge "tell."

Reactions: Nooga and VolInNW
He was a talented QB that had very talented players around him. There's nothing wrong with being a game manager. Alabama has won multiple NC's having game managers at QB. The difference is that it doesn't always translate well to the pro game. I'm more interested to see how Hookers career goes once he's at đź’Ż percent regarding any of the QBs taken. Then again,I'm not a big fan of the NFL and prefer college football.

Never said that. It is just that the VolDawgs in here go far beyond simply pointing out an error. Y'all go full throated, often arguing more vigorously and extoling uga more than the actual uga fans in here.

Good example. Congratulations to you and uga for achieving such amazing stats. I know you must be proud.

In the end, brother, it doesn't mean you aren't a Vol, or that you are a bad person or anything. I am just amazed at the energy some of you guys put into defending another program.
energy of just looking up some facts before blindly responding to something? yeah I am not going to feel bad for not being an idiot. and that still doesn't mean I am defending them. apparently that is too fine of a point for you to understand.

you are spending more emotional energy calling me out than I spent looking it up.

college football is an interest of mine, I enjoy more than just Tennessee football, so yes I am willing to look up information on other teams so I can rationally discuss them. I also live in Georgia where Georgia football is a natural piece of the conversation one has with individuals down here so it is also helpful on a social level. I am sorry that threatens you on an anonymous message board where you feel the need to call out fellow Vol fans for being informed.

energy of just looking up some facts before blindly responding to something? yeah I am not going to feel bad for not being an idiot. and that still doesn't mean I am defending them. apparently that is too fine of a point for you to understand.

you are spending more emotional energy calling me out than I spent looking it up.

college football is an interest of mine, I enjoy more than just Tennessee football, so yes I am willing to look up information on other teams so I can rationally discuss them. I also live in Georgia where Georgia football is a natural piece of the conversation one has with individuals down here so it is also helpful on a social level. I am sorry that threatens you on an anonymous message board where you feel the need to call out fellow Vol fans for being informed.

Wow. Clearly touched a nerve here. If I feel anything, its wonder and amusement, but I am coming to understand that defending uga is very important to some here.

So, I'll ignore the ad hominems and wish you a good day, and best wishes for our Vols and your bulldogs! :)

VN Store

Back