The Unofficial 2015 Wimbledon Thread

Federer is fighting; Djokovic is just slightly better so far. Momentum is with Djoker coming out of the rain delay up a break. Such a great match. Hope they maintain this level and Federer can hang tough to pull out the win.

I keep saying Fed can't win another major, but he absolutely can beat anyone on grass not named Djokovic, so you never know.

Semis go about as expected. Novak in 3, Roger in 3. I think we probably all expected Roger's to go at least four, but no. This sets up another epic final, depending on your point of view.

Roger is moving as well as I've ever seen him. He is stroking his groundies, making a shot dead to the corner, and one second later, stroking it dead to the other corner, moving his opponent around mercilessly. His serve is on and dead-accurate. John McEnrroe gives the edge to Roger.

With Novak, it's much the same, only he turns defense to offense at the drop of a hat - and consistently. Novak is serving well, too.

Who gets the edge in this scenario?

My take: This one goes at least four sets, but movement will win the day. And NOBODY moves better than Novak, and I think it wins the day for Gumby. But that's just my opinion - wouldn't be shocked to see it go the other way.

Nobody currently. Prime Rafa is the best mover I've ever seen.

From what I hear, Federer has played really well so far. Djokovic also. Murray as well.

Amazing how easily I forget my hatred of Sharapova in between slams. Like Pavlov's dog, I'll turn on the tv to watch tennis. Sharapova is playing. I say, "Ah, nice. I will watch her play tennis." One point later, when she starts screaming bloody murder on a basic groundstroke - and every other thereafter until I can turn the channel -- I wish she'd just explode.

Nadal sounds defeated and exasperated. I think it is a mental block more than anything. I've long said his mental block has allowed him to be as great as he has been in his career. His quirks seemed to make him immune to human mortality on the court. For whatever reason, he game is suffering. I think it is mental. Whatever goes on inside his head has flipped and doesn't look repairable as things stand. I look for major changes in his camp soon. Something has to give just to shake things up.

I think he needs a new coach. Difficult spot for him, though, as his coach is his uncle. How does he fire Uncle Toni?

Nobody currently. Prime Rafa is the best mover I've ever seen.

This is probably accurate. I would say, though, that it's fairly closely grouped when speaking about the likes of
Djokovich, Nadal, and throw in the hound-dog Ferrer..

Edit: Forgot Monfils

Last edited:
This is probably accurate. I would say, though, that it's fairly closely grouped when speaking about the likes of
Djokovich, Nadal, and throw in the hound-dog Ferrer..

Edit: Forgot Monfils

There have been a lot of great movers.

Chang, Borg, Djoke, Fed, Pistol Pete, and, yeah, Monfils, to name a few.

I still say prime Nadal covered more court than anybody. And if I had to rate a 1b, I would go with Borg.

VN Store

Back