The University of Cincinnati has fired head basketball coach John Brannen

I hate hypocrisy. If he was winning at the level they expected, then he would still be coach. Just fire him for the real reason...he is not winning at the level you seek. Do not initiate an investigation to do what you are going to do anyway in order to avoid contractual terms, etc.

Didn’t almost every player transfer except one? Something went down between this coach and the players that caused almost the whole team to transfer. Just from an outside perspective that’s not a good sign. Not a surprising result considering.

I like how they talk about how important their values are to them. Wasn't Bob Huggins coach there for over 15 years including surviving NCAA probation under his watch? I guess that fit into their values.

Here is an excerpt from the NCAA at that time:

Cincinnati lost three men's basketball scholarships and was put on two years probation by the NCAA Thursday for wide-ranging violations in coach Bob Huggins' program.

"It is a serious case," said Yvonne Slatton, acting head of the NCAA's Committee on Infractions. "We considered it a serious case and I think the penalties imposed are consistent with that."

In its report Thursday, the committee decided that more punishment was warranted in addition to the self-imposed probation "given the significant violations over a lengthy period of time."

I like how they talk about how important their values are to them. Wasn't Bob Huggins coach there for over 15 years including surviving NCAA probation under his watch? I guess that fit into their values.

Here is an excerpt from the NCAA at that time:

Cincinnati lost three men's basketball scholarships and was put on two years probation by the NCAA Thursday for wide-ranging violations in coach Bob Huggins' program.

"It is a serious case," said Yvonne Slatton, acting head of the NCAA's Committee on Infractions. "We considered it a serious case and I think the penalties imposed are consistent with that."

In its report Thursday, the committee decided that more punishment was warranted in addition to the self-imposed probation "given the significant violations over a lengthy period of time."
Great points

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
This is simply about money....some morally corrupt AD have figured out that it's not that hard to cast shade on a employee then allow the press/Social Media to make up wild assumptions in a effort to not pay the contract out.

Reactions: Border Vol
Didn’t almost every player transfer except one? Something went down between this coach and the players that caused almost the whole team to transfer. Just from an outside perspective that’s not a good sign. Not a surprising result considering.
Nothing went down that would allow him to be fired for cause. Hes a boring uninspiring coach of a bad team in a free market year.

Not only does the AD now potentially have the university on the hook for more than the buyout, but he created a situation where the only chance of hiring a halfway decent coach is to overpay. Not sure who he thinks they’ll get now.

Not only does the AD now potentially have the university on the hook for more than the buyout, but he created a situation where the only chance of hiring a halfway decent coach is to overpay. Not sure who he thinks they’ll get now.
Cincinnati will be paying out the arse for and up and coming head coach to replace John Brannen.

Reactions: Volfan1000
lang="en" dir="ltr">Dallas county judge Clay Jenkins proclaims May as the “Month of the Bear” in ceremony at Friday’s Mavericks game honoring the NCAA champion Baylor Bears. <a href="https://t.co/rDoy9xWscc">pic.twitter.com/rDoy9xWscc</a></p>&mdash; Eddie Sefko (@ESefko) <a href="">May 15, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

VN Store

Back