The Topic That Will Never Die XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait! There are only 2 Cupcake shops in Charleston, and prices are the same, so it will come down to the tasting. One of Kevins cousins friends offered to do them for us, but she is charging the same, which is ridiculous, so we won't use her.

Jealous. We just had the traditional cake. Don't get me wrong they were good. But I love cupcakes.

I am not a fan of the cupcakes that have six inches of icing on them though. Example: Gigi's.

I learned this morning that my wife likes to drive around and collect screws with her tires. She's found 2 in the past couple of weeks.

Jealous. We just had the traditional cake. Don't get me wrong they were good. But I love cupcakes.

I am not a fan of the cupcakes that have six inches of icing on them though. Example: Gigi's.

Wedding cakes are outrageous. My brother paid almost $900 for his cake, we are paying probably $400 for cupcakes. So I like the price, plus we get to have more flavors. We will have a small cake for us to cut though, to keep that tradition.

We have a gigi's here, have not had them, but I heard that's the complaint. I see that as a waste to the shop if most people are scraping off icing to eat it.

Attachments

• downloadfile.png
    downloadfile.png
    186.4 KB · Views: 19
Wedding cakes are outrageous. My brother paid almost $900 for his cake, we are paying probably $400 for cupcakes. So I like the price, plus we get to have more flavors. We will have a small cake for us to cut though, to keep that tradition.

We have a gigi's here, have not had them, but I heard that's the complaint. I see that as a waste to the shop if most people are scraping off icing to eat it.

I don't recommend Gigi's to anyone unless they really like a lot of icing.

Grilled chicken (from a charcoal grill), brown rice and fruit for lunch. I must say, the wife and I bought a smaller charcoal grill at the beginning of the summer and have enjoyed it and used it more than I ever thought we would. The taste of the charcoal is way better than gas grill. IMO.

Pretty much decided I will never cook another piece of chicken without brining it first. It's unbelievable to me what a difference it makes. So juicy and tender! Cook a whole chicken Saturday, skin side down in a skillet first to brown it, then baked in the oven til done. Heated it up in the microwave for lunch today and it was still spectacular!

Pretty much decided I will never cook another piece of chicken without brining it first. It's unbelievable to me what a difference it makes. So juicy and tender! Cook a whole chicken Saturday, skin side down in a skillet first to brown it, then baked in the oven til done. Heated it up in the microwave for lunch today and it was still spectacular!

Sounds good. How long did you brine it?

Brining works wonders on chicken and turkey. You use a "cooked" brine?

I even brine my boston butts. It's a simple uncooked brine.

Got email confirmations from both shops this morning for Friday. One then states oh yeah it's $25.00 for the tasting. WTF, I already want to skip them.

Got email confirmations from both shops this morning for Friday. One then states oh yeah it's $25.00 for the tasting. WTF, I already want to skip them.

That sucks. We didn't have to pay for any of the tasting for the cake places we tried. Seems like they would bring you samples and not make you pay to try and get your business.

Brining works wonders on chicken and turkey. You use a "cooked" brine?

I even brine my boston butts. It's a simple uncooked brine.

Not cooked, no. Just hot water to dissolve the salt and sugar, then ice water and the rest of the stuff. Stick it in the fridge for a while and go.

Never thought about doing it with beef. Hmmm...

That sucks. We didn't have to pay for any of the tasting for the cake places we tried. Seems like they would bring you samples and not make you pay to try and get your business.

I am going to skip them and do the one.

I told my mom we were coming into town for the tastings and invited her to come along, told her we would do cupcakes because of it being cheaper and more fun. She just emailed me and said she wants to pay for our wedding cake. So nice but ughh puts me in such a weird spot, trying to please the parents v. what we want.

I am going to skip them and do the one.

I told my mom we were coming into town for the tastings and invited her to come along, told her we would do cupcakes because of it being cheaper and more fun. She just emailed me and said she wants to pay for our wedding cake. So nice but ughh puts me in such a weird spot, trying to please the parents v. what we want.

If you hadn't planned on her paying for the cupcakes why not just do the cupcakes and if she decides she wants to pay it's just an added bonus. Just a thought.

Do it exactly like you want it Windy. Your memories of the day are the most important. (Is she offering to pay cause she thinks you're "settling" for cupcakes and doesn't want you to have to do that?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back