The Time Out mystery

Coach, I hope someday you get a knock on your door, and you are finally chosen to be part of the Lady Vol coaching family....

The only caveat to that wish is that you keep coming on here and communication your thoughts and ideas with us....
jZYsXa.gif
I wish I had your email GT,,,if you have a friend that has an account on that other social media channel,,,have them DM me and I will get mine to you.

My name has been brought up a couple of times,,,moreso out of fear. But if they ever lose their fear and take a chance, I will make the most of the opportunity

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Exactly. I see a panic response, a fog of uncertainty, a bad case of here we go agains. Once the snowball starts rolling it quickly becomes an avalanche. I often said Holly's teams had one of the worse cases of the sports yips I've ever seen. I'm so disappointed it's carried over, though mercifully not as often as before. I think the older players like Rae for example, are getting somewhat better about it but I guess its just a slow process toward consistently making good decisions and staying focused through adversity. All best addressed with drills, coaching and experience, not punishment IMO.

If I was playing the LVs and had some speed, I'd press the bejez out of us.
You know " He Who Shall Not Be Named" is going to press the bejez out of us.

Reactions: glv98
Just watched the men's game, learned more about Scottie Pippin Sr. then I ever wanted to know. Also, confirmed Coach Rick Barnes is not a fan of run-stopping time outs. Announcers urged a t.o. at one point during a Vandy runlet, Rick didn't call it. Discussion on the game thread that he just doesn't do that. Jerry Stackhouse didn't either, only calling one late in the first half that I recall.

Sure seems like the non time out call is a current fad, at least among SEC coaches. Almost like its out of style. I'm very curious as to the coaching philosophy behind it.

Just watched the men's game, learned more about Scottie Pippin Sr. then I ever wanted to know. Also, confirmed Coach Rick Barnes is not a fan of run-stopping time outs. Announcers urged a t.o. at one point during a Vandy runlet, Rick didn't call it. Discussion on the game thread that he just doesn't do that. Jerry Stackhouse didn't either, only calling one late in the first half that I recall.

Sure seems like the non time out call is a current fad, at least among SEC coaches. Almost like its out of style. I'm very curious as to the coaching philosophy behind it.
Places quite a bit of faith on practice sessions versus in game coaching opportunities. I prefer in game coaching. Pretty sure Pat did also. I'd go far as to say that in game coaching is one of CRB's weaknesses.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back