The Thread Where People Argue About Kneeling in the NFL (merged)

Who among Dems has praised acting on personal conviction when the end is not just or good? We don't admire brave and committed Nazis or brave or committed Confederates (or at least I don't).

Kaepernick was protesting police brutality; this guy in CO was protesting a company that agreed with/supported someone who was protesting police brutality. There's a wee difference there, no?
If you can provide proof this store owner was a Nazi, then I'll agree. Until then, your whole explanation is just ignorant.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Who among Dems has praised acting on personal conviction when the end is not just or good? We don't admire brave and committed Nazis or brave or committed Confederates (or at least I don't).

Kaepernick was protesting police brutality; this guy in CO was protesting a company that agreed with/supported someone who was protesting police brutality. There's a wee difference there, no?

Wonder what would happen if someone high profile protested rampant crime by certain demographics?

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
May be, but doesn't this owner have the same right to "stand for something even if it costs everything"? Many think what Kap did was dumb. Not because of police brutality, but because of his timing. I've never bashed his right to do what he did. I have criticized his questionable timing. Seems he only cared about police brutality when he was losing his job anyway. To me, that's dumb.

Losing his starting* job.

Kaep would have made an excellent backup anywhere or a serviceable starter for over half the league. His protest cost him that, which cost him millions. Sure, the endorsements and alternative incomes would inevitably be there, but he cost himself his football career.

A business owner stops carrying a necessary brand to his demographic over the political views of one person among that brand's reps. That is beyond dumb. That guy should be required to wear a padded helmet before leaving the house.

I understand you are biased when it comes to this because you lean towards the views of one party, and oppose the other. I don't necessarily agree with all of Kaep's beefs, nor would I be surprised oif I agreed with the store owner's views to a varying extent, but one fact remains: one had a plan B and the other didn't have a plan at all.

Hence, store owner is as dumb as a cow pie freshly scraped off my boot.

Kaep would have made an excellent backup anywhere or a serviceable starter for over half the league. His protest cost him that, which cost him millions. Sure, the endorsements and alternative incomes would inevitably be there, but he cost himself his football career.

A business owner stops carrying a necessary brand to his demographic over the political views of one person among that brand's reps. That is beyond dumb. That guy should be required to wear a padded helmet before leaving the house.

I understand you are biased when it comes to this because you lean towards the views of one party, and oppose the other. I don't necessarily agree with all of Kaep's beefs, nor would I be surprised oif I agreed with the store owner's views to a varying extent, but one fact remains: one had a plan B and the other didn't have a plan at all.

didn't I say I've never argued his right to protest? How is that leaning to one side? Yeah, I'm mostly conservative, but you'll not find a post from me arguing his right. I've only called out his timing, which to me with nothing to do with politics, is dumb.

Nothing. It's just the whitest shoe brand I can think of. It's either them or Sketchers.
This is the second time in a couple of days I’ve noticed you raggin on white people for things that had nothing to do with anything. Now, you are one of our resident white guilt posters and I understand that may have something to do with it. However, I must ask. Why point out skin color in this instance?

The problem now with Kap is that he will be a distraction no matter where he goes. And he just cant go anywhere. He has to be an acceptable fit in the community and the local media.

Let’s do a list of where he can‘t play or would be a bad fit.

Miami (pissed off local Cubans )
Jets
New England
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Buffalo
Houston
Tennessee
Kansas City
Denver
Carolina
New Orleans
Dallas
Philly
Giants
Bears
Green Bay
Vikings

Best bet for is to go back to the NFC West, assuming can stll play。and just shut when you‘re on the company dime. Nobody has ever accused Kaepernick of being the smartest guy in room.

This is the second time in a couple of days I’ve noticed you raggin on white people for things that had nothing to do with anything. Now, you are one of our resident white guilt posters and I understand that may have something to do with it. However, I must ask. Why point out skin color in this instance?

Calm down, sensitive sally. It's a joke.

I'm not a white guilt poster. You are just extra defensive of white people and Asians. They just so happen to be easy to rag on since they have more nerdy tendencies than any other social group.

Reactions: MercyPercy
didn't I say I've never argued his right to protest? How is that leaning to one side? Yeah, I'm mostly conservative, but you'll not find a post from me arguing his right. I've only called out his timing, which to me with nothing to do with politics, is dumb.

I never really brought up either party's right to protest, and I *thought* we were discussing whether or not the timing was dumb/worthy of being called sacrifice which.

So, joe... was his protest dumb or well timed? They are mutually exclusive here, so you can't say both.

The problem now with Kap is that he will be a distraction no matter where he goes. And he just cant go anywhere. He has to be an acceptable fit in the community and the local media.

Let’s do a list of where he can‘t play or would be a bad fit.

Miami (pissed off local Cubans )
Jets
New England
Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Buffalo
Houston
Tennessee
Kansas City
Denver
Carolina
New Orleans
Dallas
Philly
Giants
Bears
Green Bay
Vikings

Best bet for is to go back to the NFC West, assuming can stll play。and just shut when you‘re on the company dime. Nobody has ever accused Kaepernick of being the smartest guy in room.
Kareem Hunt just got a contract in Cleveland and Kap is still out of the league over a political stance.

Let that sink in to your skull for a moment.

Kareem Hunt just got a contract in Cleveland and Kap is still out of the league over a political stance.

Let that sink in to your skull for a moment.

Hunt is at the top of his game and Kap wasn’t. When you are a game changer teams will put up with anything.

Let that sink into your skull.

I never really brought up either party's right to protest, and I *thought* we were discussing whether or not the timing was dumb/worthy of being called sacrifice which.

So, joe... was his protest dumb or well timed? They are mutually exclusive here, so you can't say both.
You did bring up that I lean towards conservative. I think they both have a right to do what they want, wether or not I agree, period. I don't pick a side, you think Kap was justified, but think this guy is dumb. Either they both have a right, or they're both dumb.

You did bring up that I lean towards conservative. I think they both have a right to do what they want, wether or not I agree, period. I don't pick a side, you think Kap was justified, but think this guy is dumb. Either they both have a right, or they're both dumb.

1. I never argued a right or lack of. You keep bringing it up.

2. I never claimed Kaep was justified.

3. He has millions of dollars and a yuge endorsement deal. The other guy has a closed business. Now why is one dumb and one isn't?

VN Store

Back