The Tennessean: UT Vols believe 'we're a great team'

I'm having an orange crush as I type. Told my foolish self not to buy into the hype again this year like I have for the last 10 as it pertains to UT football. But here I go again! If Kyle feels it so should we all. I really enjoyed Pruitt's statement, "I'm not used to going into games hoping to win." Hello orange glasses and pass me that kool-aid!!!!!

This is the attitude that has been missing the last few years. I'm excited to see what this team puts on the field. One more day!

Reactions: OneVolNation
This piece by JOE REXRODE | NASHVILLE TENNESSEAN is soooo friggin arrogant. Why do writers try to interject themselves into stories. Do people relate to this kind of crap?

This piece by JOE REXRODE | NASHVILLE TENNESSEAN is soooo friggin arrogant. Why do writers try to interject themselves into stories. Do people relate to this kind of crap?

I say we take every sports writer in Nashville and Knoxville--every one of them--and make them serve an apprenticeship with Jed Drenning, of West Virginia.

Hot Reads: Rocky Thoughts - A Well Done Article on the Vols from WVU

In both writing talent and research skill, he is light years beyond the lot of them.

We'll find out soon enough. I still believe this team will surprise some people this year.

I want to to believe but common sense and a BIG dose of realism keeps me from believing a win tomorrow is going to happen.

That being said:

I believe the team is developing the right attitude.
I believe we have the right coaches.
I believe by the year 2020, we will return to our rightful place as SEC East Champions.
I believe I'll go fishing now.

“My fair expectation,” he said, “is that if we play the way we’re capable of playing, we shouldn’t have a problem with anybody on our schedule.”

Whoa, Kyle!

True confidence is irrepressible, it exudes itself. Not in a puffed-up braggadocious manner, but in the way that young Mr. Phillips expressed himself.

I want to to believe but common sense and a BIG dose of realism keeps me from believing a win tomorrow is going to happen.

That being said:

I believe the team is developing the right attitude.
I believe we have the right coaches.
I believe by the year 2020, we will return to our rightful place as SEC East Champions.
I believe I'll go fishing now.
You do you, but, common sense tells you that WV is a C- team. 2018 is not 2017. CJP is not Butch. Who knows our game plan for WV? Only our team. That is a great advantage.

Link worked for me. *thumbsup*

Haha, the writer is saying "whoa, Kyle," and "hold on, Kyle," and I'm saying in my head, "Attaboy, Kyle!" and "YEAH, Kyle!" :)
He needs to tap the brakes, does he not know how many on the team have never flown on a plane, or how many of his teammates have to ride in a car seat. or even have their learners permit?

All this focusing on how many stars a player has and where we are ranked in recruiting...and then you look at Wisconsin . They never even make the top 25 in recruiting...(although they have a top 10 class for 2019 as we speak)...but historically they NEVER are anywhere near the top 10. Our classes are ALWAYS better than theirs...by a mile and yet Wisconsin wins at a very high level....consistently. So what's the secret? What's the point? It's how the PROGRAM IS RUN after the kids show up...and carefully choosing recruits that fit what you are trying to do...regardless of "stars". The fact we are 8th for 2019 and LSU 7th shouldn't mean jack squat if we have a better run program. Central Florida another example. There are tons of examples. Northern Illinois with nothing but 2 stars make it to the Orange Bowl to play Florida State. And yes...raw talent, size and star talent finally won out....but Wisconsin is a BCS playoff contender year in and year out.....with classes that don't even scratch the top 25.

Reactions: FïreBall
Wisconsin recruiting classes (Rivals):

2015-37
2016-35
2017-35

Those classes lead us to 2018 where they are ranked # 5 in the country.

If Vols believe we are good...then there's a chance we are. Doesn't matter where our recruiting classes were ranked. Although on a side note....they have been a hell of a lot better than Wisconsin. Do we have a coaching staff? We'll find out.

"I'm not used to going into games hoping to win." Head Coach Jeremy Pruitt

That is exactly right, and it's something our last two coaches did exactly wrong..

Reactions: Remy
I have said this several times in the past couple weeks, we have real leaders now. Starting with the head coach, the assistant coaches, and they have had some players step up.

Attitude and good leadership will take you a long, long way.

If you have ever been in the military you have seen it first hand. You can have 2 batallions, exact same equipment, exact same training, but if the leadership is screwed up at the top, it's always a cluster down below.
I don't think we have a cluster at the top anymore.

"I'm not used to going into games hoping to win." Head Coach Jeremy Pruitt

That is exactly right, and it's something our last two coaches did exactly wrong..

Yup!! If you put in the work and know what you're doing, you expect to win every time you take the field. If you do not prevail, it should hurt, make you want to puke, correct your mistakes, and do whatever it takes to prevail against your next opponent. Every coach can recite a million deficiencies his/her team has that can cause them to lose. A good coach focuses his team on the millions of things they've done well in preparation and why they should win.

i hope our players win this game it will do loads for our confidence, and theirs. a loss and the fans will continue to distance themselves from our program and rightfully so.

As a VOL fan of many years I have a habit of thinking with my heart and not my brain,so I will try to use my brain,new coach new staff new direction and I do mean new direction, Vols are on stairs that lead to greatness and today this is first step, not my heart but my brain says 35-28 VOLS today. GO VOLS!!!

VN Store

Back