The team has given up on Butch Jones

The remarkable thing is that there are still people here openly defending Jones.

He's had 3 years. Yes he inherited a mess. So did McElwain. So did Freeze. Many others did. And they all made choices that had consequences. They all "coached" and developed their teams.

Jones performance is completely unacceptable and if you cannot bring yourself to admit that then you should stop claiming to be a UT fan and just admit where your loyalty really lies.

You need to quit setting parameters for everyone else. I know you're a leader of men and an example in your workplace but you're just another poster on here. We're all equal Vol fans...just different approaches. Looking like you may end up being right on this one. Chew on that fat for your sustenance. :good!:

Yep, and Dobbs kept it on the option twice tonight. TWICE. Yeah, let's keep the guy who ran for 100 yds in a half against Florida from making plays with his feet..... I'm beyond belief at how inept our coaching staff is. Truly.

Not trying to start a war here but I find myself at least trying to keep in check the bogus coaching critiques. Why is Dobbs not keeping the ball on the zone read the coaches' fault? Did they tell him not to? Not every negative gets traced back to coaching issues.

Reactions: 1 person
How can Jones spew about North being out of the line up when he hasn't been a factor all year?

Because he was arguably our most talented WR returning so that would make it a big deal.

Not making a defense for the coach here (before everyone goes on blast) but funny how the stars align sometimes:

One or two plays here and there and add a healthy North, Pig, Maggitt, and Marcus Jackson and we could be talking about the remarkable job he's done with a 5-0 or 4-1 team.

We're not. I get it. But lots of factors including coaching.

Because he was arguably our most talented WR returning so that would make it a big deal.

Not making a defense for the coach here (before everyone goes on blast) but funny how the stars align sometimes:

One or two plays here and there and add a healthy North, Pig, Maggitt, and Marcus Jackson and we could be talking about the remarkable job he's done with a 5-0 or 4-1 team.

We're not. I get it. But lots of factors including coaching.

Peyton Manning's talent is irrelevant if he never throws the ball.

I think that's the point he is trying to make.

Chip would be awesome, but unless the wheels come off in Philly and you outbid several other teams, I don't see him coming here. I don't see him pulling a Saban.

The wheels are coming off in Philly and UT needs to put their big boy pants on if they have another coaching search. Make Kelly then O'Brien say no to a truckload of cash. UT has the resources and the roster to attract a huge name but if they want to keep being frugal then screw it go ahead and ride out the contract with Jones and see what happens.

At this point, it's not even like we're being cheap; Jones still makes a ton of money. With assistants, I think UT is still putting out top twenty pay. Pay a little more and get your money's worth, if you're making a change at all. Otherwise roll with Jones until after next season.

You need to quit setting parameters for everyone else. I know you're a leader of men and an example in your workplace but you're just another poster on here. We're all equal Vol fans...just different approaches. Looking like you may end up being right on this one. Chew on that fat for your sustenance. :good!:

LOL... Bait... taken.

You mean I shouldn't set parameters for everyone else like you and others do CONSTANTLY?

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

Matt Simms? Wasn't Bray the QB that game? That was 2011, Bray won the starting job at the tail end of the 2010 season didn't he?

LOL... Bait... taken.

You mean I shouldn't set parameters for everyone else like you and others do CONSTANTLY?

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

You seriously using the "YOU" response? Disappointing but should have guessed. :wink2:

Peyton Manning's talent is irrelevant if he never throws the ball.

I think that's the point he is trying to make.

4 catches....what am I missing here? He was hurt last year but our 'throw game' seemed in bertter shape. I get Howard he adds many things to this offense but saying you miss a guy who has a handful of targets comes off as an excuse for a inept 'throw' game with or without North. Unless it's his blocking we miss.

I think we're far from talking about the team giving up on the coaching staff. If you want to see a team that had given up on the coach take a look at the last two years of Fulmer's tenure against Alabama. We looked like we could have played 100 times and never come within two touchdowns. This team looks like the effort is there, but it hasn't translated to wins.

Right, we need to start from ground zero once every three years! Look, how well that's worked for the past nine years! Some of you people are doing your thinking with your asses! Aren't we still paying Dooley off? We never really stopped paying Fulmer! I'm not so sure that we aren't still paying Kiffin something! Contrary to popular belief, The University of Tennessee is not swimming in money like the University of Texas or the University of Alabama. As I understand it, Butch Jones has a contract until 2021. So, don't slit your wrists just yet! Sit back and relax and remember that it has been a lot worse. Beating somebody who we aren't supposed to beat will clear up a lot of doubt and hopefully bring back the warm fuzzy, feelings we had for Butch, when he had two top five recruiting classes.

4 catches....what am I missing here? He was hurt last year but our 'throw game' seemed in bertter shape. I get Howard he adds many things to this offense but saying you miss a guy who has a handful of targets comes off as an excuse for a inept 'throw' game with or without North. Unless it's his blocking we miss.
You got it pegged from where I'm watching.

Right, we need to start from ground zero once every three years! Look, how well that's worked for the past nine years! Some of you people are doing your thinking with your asses! Aren't we still paying Dooley off? We never really stopped paying Fulmer! I'm not so sure that we aren't still paying Kiffin something! Contrary to popular belief, The University of Tennessee is not swimming in money like the University of Texas or the University of Alabama. As I understand it, Butch Jones has a contract until 2021. So, don't slit your wrists just yet! Sit back and relax and remember that it has been a lot worse. Beating somebody who we aren't supposed to beat will clear up a lot of doubt and hopefully bring back the warm fuzzy, feelings we had for Butch, when he had two top five recruiting classes.

If we re still paying Kiffin the lady cutting the checks needs to be ran with several more.

Time to start looking around. The season is over.

There were a lot of dopey threads a week ago... I decided to bump this one because of how many people agreed with it. This post not only got 8 likes but just about every reply was in the affirmative. Did we look like a team that had quit after getting down 24-3? We have some babies here and crow should be served when warranted. :)

Reactions: 5 people
There were a lot of dopey threads a week ago... I decided to bump this one because of how many people agreed with it. This post not only got 8 likes but just about every reply was in the affirmative. Did we look like a team that had quit after getting down 24-3? We have some babies here and crow should be served when warranted. :)

No reason to eat crow. Criticism was warranted with how things were going.

Hey...at least Dobbs looked good. :)

And I'll gladly take it.

Come to think of it, maybe I should be more negative? I gave up last week after being one of the most vocal sunshine pumpers and the team goes out and beats Georgia.

mental-health.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back