The Supreme Court of the United States Thread

I comprehended your statement just fine.

Using an expression like ''a large portion'' on an issue that generally has two avenues is misleading and, frankly, asinine. it's about 65-35 in women. If Tennessee lost a game 65 to 35, would you say something as dense as ''well, we scored a good portion of the points in that game?''

No, you wouldn't... because that would be a very stupid thing to say.
It would be about as stupid as using it as an analogy. For one, you're comparing discrete numbers to a ratio. Now if one said of the points scored in the game, Tennessee scored a large portion, then the statement makes perfect sense because one is talking about the ratio of points scored.

So based on the analogy you use, no, you did not comprehend the statement. How old are you? 12?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
It would be about as stupid as using it as an analogy. For one, you're comparing discrete numbers to a ratio. Now if one said of the points scored in the game, Tennessee scored a large portion, then the statement makes perfect sense because one is talking about the ratio of points scored.

So base on the analogy you use, no, you did not comprehend the statement. How old are you? 12?

One man's overwhelming majority versus one fool's "large portion.''

It's pretty simple that even a guy who married someone who considers it murder can get it.

Same. My wife is not as passionate about this issue as I am. Where she does seem to get passionate is the abortions after the heartbeat starts.

In 2018 we both heard our oldest son’s heartbeat in the womb for the 1st time. We still talk about that to this day. That same heart is still beating strong!

We should be looking for ways to nurture our unborn, not end their lives.
We have a miracle granddaughter. There were signs of a significant birth defect and talk of aborting. Thank God it was not done. She is one of the most beautiful girls in middle Georgia and absolutely lights up the room when she's around.

Have you not considered that some "insert childish quip" states take it to far the other way within the year?

Oh, I forgot. We're only allowed to **** on California and New York in the VNPF. Lol.

Depends. Texas has a few very large, liberal cities and their trigger bans fell off the news cycle within weeks. If they don't go too far, what's to stop Florida, or the upper midwest?

You can pretty much guarantee that the bible belt won't quit.

Which of the highly educated, culturally advanced Meccas of civilization do *you* think will fly too close to the pro-birth sun?

Before they could tell their staunchly anti abortion constituents that they were fighting the good fight. Now they lose their female base that was not strictly anti abortion. Thomas declaring war on gay marriage creates more issues. This was a great day for democrats.

Channeling your inner LG?

It all depends on how the Rs handle it.

Sorry, I just expect more from you. It is an easy argument to make as to why you would flip flop on any given issue.

I don't generally call people out for changing positions. There are a multitude of reasons for doing so. Some nefarious and some valid. But when somebody acts as though it is big deal it seems fair to point out that changing positions is not a D or R thing.

I don’t necessarily agree with abortion, but it doesn’t make much sense to me to overturn R v W.
It just seems like another move designed to instigate discourse

Reactions: Stoked
Fair question. She is not where I am with regards to the states' rights, constitutional aspect. It is really simple: she believes it to be murder although I do think she is less forthright when it comes to things like rape, etc., although I cannot say for sure. Nothing more complicated than that. I cannot expound on what she thinks with regards to your question.
Understandable. If I viewed it as murder, I would be ecstatic also.
Kind of like people who view contraception as murder should be ecstatic with anti-contraception rulings.

I don't generally call people out for changing positions. There are a multitude of reasons for doing so. Some nefarious and some valid. But when somebody acts as though it is big deal it seems fair to point out that changing positions is not a D or R thing.
I’ve changed my stance on issues over the years as I’ve gained more understanding. As long as a person can explain why they changed positions, it’s not a big deal to me. If they’re just pandering then they’re just a dope

The economy is always the most important because 99% of what we define as success is connected to net worth.
Yes, and RvW in some respects guaranteed abortions to be legal. The two don't equate and making a statement that one will override the other in the manner you did just doesn't make sense. Please say what you mean and don't beat around the bush.

VN Store

Back