The Supreme Court of the United States Thread

SCOTUS to hear same-sex marriage case involving Knoxville couple Tuesday

635657728418785040-IMG-6593.JPG

The couple from NY that moved to Knoxville are the biggest scammers. Their lawyer is in a lesbian relationship with a woman from Knoxville that swindled people out of millions of dollars with her investment firm. Most likely the lawyer representing this coulple will be looking at jail time down the road for involvement with her partner's theft.

This and lack of term limits in congress are 2 of the biggest political issues we have in this country.

Technically we have term limits Congressmen and Senators, we voters choose not to use them. Federal judges on the other hand answer to no one and are not accountable in any way.

Technically we have term limits Congressmen and Senators, we voters choose not to use them. Federal judges on the other hand answer to no one and are not accountable in any way.

The lobbyists keep them in power. Career politicians are a problem. There should be a 3 or 4 term limit.

@David_Ingram: Ginsburg asked Bonauto why the states didn't deserve deference under the court's Windsor decision. #ReutersSCOTUS #SCOTUS

@David_Ingram: Bonauto responded, "We have a whole class of people who have been deprived equal rights." #ReutersSCOTUS #ssm

@David_Ingram: The second question came from Roberts: "You're not seeking to join the institution. You're seeking to change what the institution is."

@David_Ingram: Scalia raised the idea that ministers could be forced to perform gay marriages that they oppose. #ReutersSCOTUS

@David_Ingram: That is because states vest ministers with the power to perform marriages, Scalia said. Bonauto said that hasn't happened.

@David_Ingram: Scalia said it might happen if gay marriage proponents win at #scotus. #ReutersSCOTUS

Federal judges are subject to impeachment by Congress.

I've not had the privilege of arguing a case there, although i have had several over the years that were submitted (by my side or the other). Came close a few years back in a shooting case. I won't bore you with the details. I have argued numerous times to the US Eleventh Circuit. Still, a case at the Supreme Court is top of the heap.

Gay marriage is not a state issue. It's a Civil Rights issue. And I'm glad the USSC is taking it up. I hope they make the right (and only) decision.

Whether you think it a choice or a natural condition, it doesn't matter.

It's not up to individual citizens of states to decide the rights of other citizens. It's not up to individual citizens to decide things that don't concern them. Your morality you can have. I'm sure God or whoever will remember you were against it, and you'll be good to go.

40 years from now this will probably make sense to nearly everyone, but, for the time being, just trust me.

Reactions: 4 people
Gay marriage is not a state issue. It's a Civil Rights issue. And I'm glad the USSC is taking it up. I hope they make the right (and only) decision.

Whether you think it a choice or a natural condition, it doesn't matter.

It's not up to individual citizens of states to decide the rights of other citizens. It's not up to individual citizens to decide things that don't concern them. Your morality you can have. I'm sure God or whoever will remember you were against it, and you'll be good to go.

40 years from now this will probably make sense to nearly everyone, but, for the time being, just trust me.

While I think gay marriage should be legalized it's hilarious to see some here argue that its not a states rights issue but pot legalization is.

Reactions: 1 person
While I think gay marriage should be legalized it's hilarious to see some here argue that its not a states rights issue but pot legalization is.

You know how it works hog. It's a states rights issue if it benefits ones stance on the issue, if not it isn't a states right issue.

Reactions: 2 people
The couple from NY that moved to Knoxville are the biggest scammers. Their lawyer is in a lesbian relationship with a woman from Knoxville that swindled people out of millions of dollars with her investment firm. Most likely the lawyer representing this coulple will be looking at jail time down the road for involvement with her partner's theft.

That lawyer has done an awful lot for Tennessee's College of Law, she deserves a lot of respect for helping to get this case to SCOTUS. This is a lifetime accomplishment for any lawyer, especially when the issue in this case has such far reaching implications. No matter which way you'd wish to see this issue resolved I don't think it's fair to disparage one of Tennessee's own. Especially for standing up for her rights. Shame on you sir.

Last edited:
That lawyer has done an awful lot for Tennessee's College of Law, she deserves a lot of respect for helping to get this case to SCOTUS. This is a lifetime accomplishment for any lawyer, especially when the issue in this case has such for reaching implications. No matter which way you'd wish to see this issue resolved I don't think it's fair to disparage one of Tennessee's own. Especially for standing up for her rights. Shame on you sir.

From what has been made available to the public so far in the proceedings against her partner, it sounds like she is a thief as well. Her partner sure as hell is guilty of stealing millions of dollars from people. Should I not disparage the murderers of Shanon Christian and Christopher Newsome because they were TN's own as well? Grow up.

Who's forcing their will on whom in this situation? If I remember correctly, all the people involved in the lawsuit from TN married in other states where homosexual marriage is legal and then moved to TN. If the majority of TN citizens are not for homosexual marriage, why does it need to change for the minority who have the ability to live in the states where it is recognized?

And for the record, if homosexuals want to marry then that's none of my business. What I don't want is for them to start forcing churches to marry them if the church is against it, and most likely that's the next step. I have a feeling this is a long way from being over even if the Supreme Court rules in favor of homosexual marriage.

Who's forcing their will on whom in this situation? If I remember correctly, all the people involved in the lawsuit from TN married in other states where homosexual marriage is legal and then moved to TN. If the majority of TN citizens are not for homosexual marriage, why does it need to change for the minority who have the ability to live in the states where it is recognized?

And for the record, if homosexuals want to marry then that's none of my business. What I don't want is for them to start forcing churches to marry them if the church is against it, and most likely that's the next step. I have a feeling this is a long way from being over even if the Supreme Court rules in favor of homosexual marriage.

Amendment 1. Separation of Church and State. (Establishment and Free Exercise Clause). The Federal Government could never require churches to marry homosexual couples. Our government doesn't have that power.

Amendment 1. Separation of Church and State. (Establishment and Free Exercise Clause). The Federal Government could never require churches to marry homosexual couples. Our government doesn't have that power.

The federal government and courts have misinterpreted that clause for the last 50-60 years or more. I wouldn't bet that they would get it right in this case either.

Remember the state is who grants preachers the ability to preform marriage ceremonies so they could take it away for non compliance.

VN Store

Back