The Section 113 Postgame Report

hatvol96

1. Really, really bad day for Tennessee. This team got a serious dose of relaity.
2. I never dreamed I'd say this, but Bobby Maze has got to be more aggressive offensively. He got to the basket pretty much at will, but didn't do so near enough.
3. Dionte Christmas showed why he's a really good teammate. He didn't force the action early, then detonated when needed.
4. As soon as I saw an NBA scout I've known for a long time, he asked me: "Is Chism hurt?"
5. You know it's a bad day when your team's beat writer is more aggressive picking up a loose ball on press row than your team is getting after 50/50 balls on the floor. Good hands Griffith.
6. Why were Temple's students storming the floor?
7. Memphis and Georgetown are both improving at a good pace.
8. Temple's students were chanting "Lose some weight" at Brian Williams. Considering he's dumped about 100 pounds over the last 3 years, that's somewhat funny.
9. Speaking of Williams, he hates to lose. There are some guys on that team who should follow suit.
10. Hopefully, Bruce will make the trip to Philadelphia at least a biannual date. The Big 5, plus Drexel, provides plenty of options.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Haha - nice. I agree with their student section. They beat a borderline top 25 team and stormed the court... pretty lame chants.

Christmas was frustrating to watch. Didn't matter the circumstances or shot selection.. it was going in.

Haha - nice. I agree with their student section. They beat a borderline top 25 team and stormed the court... pretty lame chants.

Christmas was frustrating to watch. Didn't matter the circumstances or shot selection.. it was going in.
I'm just stunned they rushed the court. Temple has one of the proudest histories in college hoops. Their fans were acting like they were Drexel.

That's the truth. He was draining them even when someone was in his face.

After the game Christmas said, "When I came off screens, their guys had their hands down and were backed off. It surprised me."

Sorry, but that lazy-ass defense isn't gonna work. Dominic James and Jerel McNeal will be licking their chops Tuesday night.

It was frustrating as a UT fan. But as a basketball fan, I kept finding myself watching Christmas... I don't know. I was kinda rooting for the guy, he's an entertaining player and I'll make sure to keep an eye on him as the season goes on...

It was easy to tell one team was far more interested and enthusiastic than the other.

I figured that. The announcers must have seen it early on. They were talking 'upset' like 2 minutes into the game...

Did we fail to contest Christmas' three point shots? I didn't get the game. How badly will Marquette make us look if one guy can beat us from beyond the arc, they have three?

Did we fail to contest Christmas' three point shots? I didn't get the game. How badly will Marquette make us look if one guy can beat us from beyond the arc, they have three?

We 'contested' maybe half of them. If that's what you want to call it...

VN Store

Back