The Section 107 Postgame Report.

Don't like the poor shot UT gets out of a timeout with 3 seconds left. Same as the last time.

That needs to be addressed.

Don't like the poor shot UT gets out of a timeout with 3 seconds left. Same as the last time.

That needs to be addressed.

No need to question it. Many people on here say Pearl is an elite X's and O's coach. It was just a perfect storm.

Unfortunately, I didnt get to watch the game due to AT&T U-Verse switching all Fox Sports channels to the premium HD tier -which I was under the impression I had- Nonetheless, was Lane Kiffin at the game like he said he would be in the offseason and, if so, what was the crowds reaction to him? (sorry, not too much to say about a team that has lost three straight winnable games except we are not as elite as I thought we were after huge wins over solid Big East teams...)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Dare I say that Hat's mild-manored postgame's have me holding on to hope that all is not lost? Hat, your scaring me with your gentle evals. I also haven't watched the last 2. Would you please give me five quick Points that you would address regarding our play? (Ex: Find a man and box out on the def glass. ) I'm puzzled as to how we managed to find ourselves 0-3 through this stretch.

Dare I say that Hat's mild-manored postgame's have me holding on to hope that all is not lost? Hat, your scaring me with your gentle evals. I also haven't watched the last 2. Would you please give me five quick Points that you would address regarding our play? (Ex: Find a man and box out on the def glass. ) I'm puzzled as to how we managed to find ourselves 0-3 through this stretch.

If the team doesn't seem too concerned about showing focus and intensity, he probably joins the ranks of a lot of fans that don't either.

Unfortunately, I didnt get to watch the game due to AT&T U-Verse switching all Fox Sports channels to the premium HD tier -which I was under the impression I had- Nonetheless, was Lane Kiffin at the game like he said he would be in the offseason and, if so, what was the crowds reaction to him? (sorry, not too much to say about a team that has lost three straight winnable games except we are not as elite as I thought we were after huge wins over solid Big East teams...)

Do u really think that *** will ever show his face again in knoxville?????

They've got to get Hopson to play at a reasonable level every night. Pearl can't play at the 3. Fields needs to play more. Goins has to subdue his instinct to shoot too much. They have to accept the fact that Tobias is the guy.

Pearls in game coaching, as typical, is once again bad as was with Charlotte. With 3 seconds left after a timeout, you have got to be able to draw something up a hell of a lot better than a shot in the dark

Pearls in game coaching, as typical, is once again bad as was with Charlotte. With 3 seconds left after a timeout, you have got to be able to draw something up a hell of a lot better than a shot in the dark

It had to be something going at the basket not a desperation heave.

They've got to get Hopson to play at a reasonable level every night. Pearl can't play more than 3 minutes a game. Fields needs to play more. Goins has to subdue his instinct to shoot too much. They have to accept the fact that Tobias is the guy.

fixt

They've got to get Hopson to play at a reasonable level every night. Pearl can't play at the 3. Fields needs to play more. Goins has to subdue his instinct to shoot too much. They have to accept the fact that Tobias is the guy.

Hopson playing at a reasonable level every night would be wonderful, but I sometimes feel that the team rises and falls with Cam Tatum. He was awful in the 2nd half against Oakland, the whole game against Charlotte, and the first half against USC. Which were generally the times we were playing worse. Then he almost brought us back tonight, as you mentioned. But there's that "last three seconds" thing.

Also, what do we do at 3/4 in the rotation now that we have three competent 4s and only 1 competent 3? Do we just slide Harris over when Maymon comes into the game? This has seemed to me the best option over each of the last two games, and I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious. (and no, Swiperboy is not something obvious). Just seems like because our best starter (Harris) and best sub (Maymon) play the same position, we should work on a new look that maximizes their minutes.

He is playing a game of cat and mouse with 32....

It had to be something going at the basket not a desperation heave.

Kevin knew Pearl would be drawing up a play for Harris. He had a good defense that pretty much only allowed for a desperation heave.

The only place Harris could find room for the inbound pass was 40 feet from the basket. Inbounding from that position on the floor is about the worst spot on the court with 3 seconds left.

Hat, what is the deal with officiating? Until this game the whistle has been blowing like crazy. Then, all of a sudden, they are letting them play. There were times last night on both sides where it was getting close to an MMA event. This has to drive players and coaches crazy.

Hopson playing at a reasonable level every night would be wonderful, but I sometimes feel that the team rises and falls with Cam Tatum. He was awful in the 2nd half against Oakland, the whole game against Charlotte, and the first half against USC. Which were generally the times we were playing worse. Then he almost brought us back tonight, as you mentioned. But there's that "last three seconds" thing.

Also, what do we do at 3/4 in the rotation now that we have three competent 4s and only 1 competent 3? Do we just slide Harris over when Maymon comes into the game? This has seemed to me the best option over each of the last two games, and I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious. (and no, Swiperboy is not something obvious). Just seems like because our best starter (Harris) and best sub (Maymon) play the same position, we should work on a new look that maximizes their minutes.

I agree with Hat that Pearl very clearly can't play the 3. I also agree with you that we need to find a way to get Maymon and Harris on the floor at the same time. I don't know that either could be effective at the 3 position defensively unless we went to a zone defense. We need to quit playing McBee who due to his lack of defense allowed 9 points to be easily scored while in the game. He is now a liability both on offense and defense. We need to reduce the rotation and keep our best players on the floor for more minutes.

Hat, what is the deal with officiating? Until this game the whistle has been blowing like crazy. Then, all of a sudden, they are letting them play. There were times last night on both sides where it was getting close to an MMA event. This has to drive players and coaches crazy.
I think the early season emphasis on calling every bump is waning. I thought the officiating last night was pretty good. They were consistent. The big guys got to be physical and they kept the guards from pushing and impeding drivers. As long as the officials don't change in midstream, I generally don't complain.

Any player worth a damn is taught in grade school to play above the refs. You can't control them, so you adjust accordingly.

VN Store

Back