The Section 103 Postgame Report

I just can't get over Hopson's shooting style. When it works, fine, but man it's ugly. I think if you draw air twice from the charity stripe in two games, it's time to rethink the technique.

I just can't get over Hopson's shooting style. When it works, fine, but man it's ugly. I think if you draw air twice from the charity stripe in two games, it's time to rethink the technique.

Depending on where it is from his shot is gorgeous. From the FT... not so much.

Hopson was aggressive on the boards and on D early. That set off the rest of the game for him.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

That's a problem with most freshmen. If Hopson doesn't get off to a good start, he just has his head down the rest of the game. I liked his aggressiveness on both sides today. It was nice to see at least a part of his potential.

On the BP show, he said he talked to Cam before the game and told him that he wasn't playing up to his ability, and that he talked to Scotty about the same. I hope that it sticks. Tatum really does have a nice looking shot and can get hot, ala J Smith. We are watching the growth of some young kids, and Bruce has a real job of motivating and coaching up some real offensive talent. The development of these guys will speak volumes about his ability to be a big-time coach.

Great game...and great atmosphere tonight.

We may look back at this game in a few weeks and say "that's when we turned the corner."

However, Florida is very bad when Calathes is on the bench.

We'll see how this team handles some success...

One of the first sensible things I've ever seen from you. However, they lack the true studs that the big one takes.
Exactly. An old friend, who's coached in a couple of Final Fours always asks the same question when talking about a team's national title chances: "How many pros they got?" Look back since the inception of the shot clock in the tourney in '86. Then, look at the rosters who won it. That tells you all you need to know.

One of the first sensible things I've ever seen from you. However, they lack the true studs that the big one takes.

Studs will get you nothing but heartbreak if you do not have guards. I promise you guys if Bruce doesn't get some guards in here soon we are doomed.

Studs will get you nothing but heartbreak if you do not have guards. I promise you guys if Bruce doesn't get some guards in here soon we are doomed.

I can see someone saying this after any of our previous games, but not last night's.

im just tired of seeing alleyoops every 4 minutes. doing them every 4 minutes and making them is one thing.

I agree with these completely. I would like to see some stats on how many of those are hit. It is probably a similar percentage to the number of 3's they've hit for the year.

Hopson was aggressive on the boards and on D early. That set off the rest of the game for him.

I thought Hopson was a lot more aggressive in the LSU game as well. He struggled down the stretch, but he struggled while trying to make plays.

I hope this is a sign of a trend.

Im still trying to pick UCONN. vs. UL. that's a hard one, it should be a great game.

Exactly. An old friend, who's coached in a couple of Final Fours always asks the same question when talking about a team's national title chances: "How many pros they got?" Look back since the inception of the shot clock in the tourney in '86. Then, look at the rosters who won it. That tells you all you need to know.

Hat: Always enjoy the insight. Who's the "old friend"?

Wouldn't memphis be west tennessee's largest city? Calamari? Calipari?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back