The Section 103 Postgame Report.

hatvol96

1. It's a win. After three straight losses, style points aren't very important.
2. Tennessee is incredibly fortunate Belmont missed roughly 100 open threes. I wouldn't want to see that game replayed tomorrow.
3. If you like awful offensive basketball, the first half was nirvana. Both teams looked as if they had lead in their shoes.
4. No excuse for being killed on the boards as Tennessee was. The big men should be embarrassed.
5. Scotty Hopson and Tobias Harris did demand the ball and attack the basket. That constitutes progress at this point.
6. Jordan McRae earned a longer look. His energy was a huge lift.
7. Until effort dictates playing time, this team is going to struggle. Guys sleepwalking and still getting minutes is intolerable.
8. Nothing says great officiating like butchering a call, then giving a coach a technical when he gets angry about it. That's high school garbage.
9. Huge strategic mistake by Belmont at the end. The defender assigned to either Melvin Goins or Trae Golden should have run at Hopson as soon as he caught the ball.
10. This team still has serious work to do. Merry Christmas, Volnation.

Well said. As soon as this bowl game ends, I'll be turning on ESPN3 to watch the second half...first game since the '07 Texas game I've missed more than a few minutes of.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I thought McRae did a nice job all things considered. I'm excited to see him when gets comfortable.

Christmas break will be much better after a win and hopefully give them time to regroup.

11. Skylar McBrick wouldn't get minutes in a wheelchair league.
12. Stephen Pearl couldn't make Pat's practice squad.

Not sure why people would complain about S. Pearl's play tonight?

14. Why in the hell can nobody besides Harris or Hopson make a freaking FT!!!!???

Don't know the guy's name but I was told that a 6'10 Soph. From BGA was visiting tonight.

I'm a lot more worried about the UConn game now than I was before, if we keep this kind of play up

I don't see that game going well for us....though it does seem we can play up to our competition.....and down for that matter too

As bad as we have played we are a pair of Melvin Going fts and a Tobias shot off the back rim from being in the top 10. We are not playing well at all, but everyone acting like the season is over is crazy.

Going to be a challenge to get to 20 wins this year. They will have to grow some and develop chemistry to get to 20 wins.

Just like those guards from Nova and Pitt did, huh?

Or like every guard has done the last 4 games. Have you been watching at all? We are getting slaughtered on the dribble penetration and kick out or drop off, just absolutely destroyed.

VN Store

Back