The Section 103 Postgame Report-Mississippi State

hatvol96

1. A needed win was captured. That's the good news. The bad news is there was nothing in that performance that indicated this team is going to do anything but continue being the middling group they've been all year.
2. We've found the key for Scotty Hopson. He just needs to play all of his games against teams that also recruited him.
3. Rick Stansbury has to look at the components of his team and lament the fact Jamont Gordon lost his mind and left school early. Someone to draw defenders with drives, thus creating space for their shooters, is the one thing the Bulldogs are missing.
4. Pathetic showing by the student body tonight. The next time they cry about not having better seats, someone should show them the section behind the basket tonight.
5. I realize intramurals at UT are run by people not smart enough to work in maintenance, but could we at least get enough ball racks to properly conduct a 3 point shooting contest? I realize there have been some budget cuts, but I'm pretty sure there have to be 5 racks sitting around at the HPER building.
6. UCONN solidified themselves as a #1 seed. If AJ Price keeps rounding back into form, they may be able to offset the loss of Jerome Dyson after all.
7. Put a fork in Marquette. They're not going anywhere without Dominic James available.
8. Valentine's Day has come and gone. Thus, it's time for Clemson to suck.
9. The loser of the Kentucky-Florida game Tuesday night is going to have a tough time making a case for an at large bid. Both resumes are exceptionally weak.
10. Arkansas should pass on the SEC Tournament. Tonight is a great example of what happens when a bad team quits on their lousy coach.

#5 pissed me off so much. That was just trashy looking.

Can we not get any good halftime entertainment?

Thanks as always for posting this. I look forward to reading it after games. Does this mean one more win for UT to clinch NCAAs?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hat, I know you like BCG but his team just got killed tonight. What happened there?

Hat, I know you like BCG but his team just got killed tonight. What happened there?
I didn't get to see any of that game. I'm going to assume Kentucky played at a level similar to their performance at Vanderbilt.

Are you expecting us to be better next year hat? with Daniel West and I would imagine Wayne and Tyler staying

Wayne looks like he is staying (or would be smart to) because he hit his peak and regressed a bit down the stretch. Tyler is gone so don't include him in the equation.

Meeks was held in check, the SC big guys were enough to counter Patterson, and the other 10 players with minutes for UK had 13 points between them. The game was over before the half.

SC set a school record with 20 blocks, and oddly enough, about half of them came against Patterson, and probably half of those were dunks rejected. I don't think I've ever seen anybody struggle more and still wind up with 28 & 12.

Even odder--I picked up a pizza at halftime, and I'm 99% sure that I saw Kenny Walker sitting in Godfather's watching the game. I suppose he is in town for an alumni association thing.

VN Store

Back