The scene in Memphis...

It is funny, though. The resounding theme last night, was "who cares about Monday night and Memphis...*%&^ Roy!"

Jayhawk fans have been waiting to hand Roy his arse for a while now. It felt good!

I think you are right. Maybe that's why they jumped on UNC sooo bad the first half. Man, I have watched KU all year and that first 10 mins of that game I was like WOW!!.

My boss got back from Memphis last Wednesday and said every Memphis fan he met was very nice unlike Vol fans(he likes to give me a hard time).

My boss got back from Memphis last Wednesday and said every Memphis fan he met was very nice unlike Vol fans(he likes to give me a hard time).

Of course every Memphis fan was nice.

A. They are currently winning and upbeat.

B. They don't know enough about sports outside of the C-USA to say anything to anybody.

Of course every Memphis fan was nice.

A. They are currently winning and upbeat.

B. They don't know enough about sports outside of the C-USA to say anything to anybody.

You are quite the narrow minded kid with some sort inferiority complex with Memphis right now. If people (like you im sure) think Memphis is the "jealous little brother" school, right now you make UT sound like the older brother who is crying cause little bro is better at him then something. Grow up man.

So you know every Memphis fan and you know they don't know anything outside of C-USA? You sir, im guessing, are a freshman in college that hasn't quite grown up enough for big boy talk. Enjoying driving around alone again on a Saturday night, seems fitting.

What a lame thread! Because some guy from out of town can't find a good time in Memphis he thinks it's the city's problem. Here's a hint: Grab the Memphis Flyer and/or the Playbook. They had an entire list of bars, clubs, and restaraunts having watch parties. As for us we were at a home having a cookout w/ friends over. Probably about 30 of us, afterwards we went out into the street and most of the people in the neigborhood were outside hooping and hollering, fireworks could be heard from multiple places.

As for the people in Kansas, let's see what the scene is at about 11 pm tonight!

What a lame thread! Because some guy from out of town can't find a good time in Memphis he thinks it's the city's problem. Here's a hint: Grab the Memphis Flyer and/or the Playbook. They had an entire list of bars, clubs, and restaraunts having watch parties. As for us we were at a home having a cookout w/ friends over. Probably about 30 of us, afterwards we went out into the street and most of the people in the neigborhood were outside hooping and hollering, fireworks could be heard from multiple places.

As for the people in Kansas, let's see what the scene is at about 11 pm tonight!
Just use your imagine and add burning cars and/or couches to the pictures above...

You must be right. Nobody here cares about the Tiger basketball program. They were all too busy cleaning their Glocks and dealing their drugs to be interested in what the Tigers were doing. </typical anti-Memphis crowd>

It is a commuter school, there is rarely anything going on around campus. Comparing the campus in Knoxville to the campus in Memphis just doesn't work. Also, any Tiger fans "migrating to Houston" are a week too late.
I wouldn't knock the school too much. I know a brigadier general stationed in Afghanistan now(protecting our lives), he was at the Pentagon when it was attacked (parents didn't hear from him for 3 days)formerly wing commander during first Iraq campaign, so at least they have one good graduate there.:thumbsup:

I was just watching the news and the following quote was said by an anchorman, "In other news while the Tigers were shooting their way to victory in Houston, three more people were shot in North Memphis..."

So I'm guessing someone told you a joke and you tried to play it off on here as something you saw on the news. At least get the city name right when fabricating stories. This is lame.

So I'm guessing someone told you a joke and you tried to play it off on here as something you saw on the news. At least get the city name right when fabricating stories. This is lame.

oh_snap.gif

No, I was sitting on the couch watching it with my entire family in Memphis. It wasn't some joke I tried to pass off. Would you prefer Mempis?

No, I was sitting on the couch watching it with my entire family in Memphis. It wasn't some joke I tried to pass off. Would you prefer Mempis?

Look genius, the game was in San Antonio, not Houston. Sheesh.

I'm sure you'll tell me you don't remember the station you were watching either, right?

Just use your imagine and add burning cars and/or couches to the pictures above...

TRUT....be sure to post more pictures from Mass St. tomorrow...I live in KC & can't wait for the Jayhawks to spank Memphis...should be a good game....ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

TRUT....be sure to post more pictures from Mass St. tomorrow...I live in KC & can't wait for the Jayhawks to spank Memphis...should be a good game....ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!
I did not take those pictures. They are from the Lawrence newspaper. My hands were pretty full with Bud Lights (or, as one Lawrence police officer told me, "canned beverages can be used as projectiles, you need to pour those out or into a plastic cup..."):unsure:

Look genius, the game was in San Antonio, not Houston. Sheesh.

I'm sure you'll tell me you don't remember the station you were watching either, right?

I already corrected myself earlier in the thread and admitted I meant to say San Antonio, genius. And it was on Channel 3 right after the game. My family still just had the TV on and the news was next. I'm pretty sure it was Richard Randsom that said it, the white guy anchor. That suffice? I don't know why you're freaking out, I don't hate Memphis, I even said that it was why I love Memphis. I just thought it was really funny and couldn't believe I heard that.

What the hell does rock chalk jayhawk mean anyway? Gotta be something really stupid! I mean it's Kansas for God's sake.

What the hell does rock chalk jayhawk mean anyway? Gotta be something really stupid! I mean it's Kansas for God's sake.
Rock chalk is limestone. Kansas is filled with limestone and the campus of KU actually sits atop a very large limestone hill.

So, basically, rock chalk is about as equally "stupid" as rocky top...

Would you like to follow your first question up with another? Maybe, what the hell is a Jayhawk? "Gotta be something really stupid!"

The Jayhawkers were abolitionists who fought against the Missourians in 1854 in order to establish Kansas as a free state. Bleeding Kansas was pretty gruesome, however, the Jayhawkers won!

The Jayhawkers were abolitionists who fought against the Missourians in 1854 in order to establish Kansas as a free state. Bleeding Kansas was pretty gruesome, however, the Jayhawkers won!
I've heard about all that history but I still don't know why they were called Jayhawkers.

Wow....I would love for that to happen in Knoxville one time before I graduate, and if not then...before I die.

Wow....I would love for that to happen in Knoxville one time before I graduate, and if not then...before I die.
Difference being, the Lawrence PD (along with Douglas County) made zero arrests last night. I can assure you, the Knoxville PD would have been hauling off droves of people in paddy wagons (this is not a swipe at the UT fanbase, it is a swipe at the KPD.)

VN Store

Back