The scene in Memphis...

RockyTop572

Speaker of truth.
So I'm home in Memphis this weekend and I decided to drive around the campus area after the game to see what all was going on and there was literally nothing. I drove by some near by sports bars, and basically nothing. Either the whole city of Memphis migrated to Houston or it was the lamest thing I've ever seen. For a city that claims to be all about their Tigers I was pretty unimpressed...especially with the on campus students...light something on fire for God's sake, you're in the Championship.

I did however find myself cruising at a smooth 3 mph behind an intimidating flock of 3 policemen on horeseback on campus. They looked very bored. I decided not to pass them and deemed our little brigade the parade. Man Memphis sucks tonight...

Uhhm, try downtown...

I mean I'm sure there was more going on downtown but there is always stuff going on down there on Saturday nights. I shouldn't have to "uhhm, try downtown..." to find the fans of a team that just played its way into the national championship.

I mean I'm sure there was more going on downtown but there is always stuff going on down there on Saturday nights. I shouldn't have to "uhhm, try downtown..." to find the fans of a team that just played its way into the national championship.

Dude, whatever..Have a good trip

Why would they be celebrating??? They haven't won anything yet they still have to win one more game what would celebrating a semi-final win look like if you lost the title game???

Why would they be celebrating??? They haven't won anything yet they still have to win one more game what would celebrating a semi-final win look like if you lost the title game???

Please don't tell me that if we were in their position, you wouldn't celebrate.

The Elma Roan Fieldhouse was packed with people watching the game on big screen tvs. Everybody else was inside watching the game on their tvs. That's why the streets were so empty.

The Elma Roan Fieldhouse was packed with people watching the game on big screen tvs. Everybody else was inside watching the game on their tvs. That's why the streets were so empty.

Yea I heard about that...I'm talking post game.

Ok folks buckle up, here is a PERFECT example of why I LOVE the city of Memphis...

I was just watching the news and the following quote was said by an anchorman, "In other news while the Tigers were shooting their way to victory in Houston, three more people were shot in North Memphis..."

Quote of my life.

Another funny quote from the news story preceeding that, "They said we would only win by 2 but we won by 15! Uh yay!" (said by guy clearly uninterested in sports wearing blue light up sunglasses inside)

if I were a memphis fan, my biggest concern would have been who is our opponent going to be. Perhaps they were watching the second FF game?

Let's just be real here. They aren't that bright. I grew up a somewhat Tiger fan myself and no one I knew was bright enough regarding sports to do that. Once the Tigers won it was celebration time, even if the next round was against God himself.

.......................so freak created an around the ncaa forum for threads just like this. if you don't like it, get out of the forum.

Hahaha yea...this forum is specifically for threads like this...there are other schools besides UT too that people have interest in.

You must be right. Nobody here cares about the Tiger basketball program. They were all too busy cleaning their Glocks and dealing their drugs to be interested in what the Tigers were doing. </typical anti-Memphis crowd>

It is a commuter school, there is rarely anything going on around campus. Comparing the campus in Knoxville to the campus in Memphis just doesn't work. Also, any Tiger fans "migrating to Houston" are a week too late.

You must be right. Nobody here cares about the Tiger basketball program. They were all too busy cleaning their Glocks and dealing their drugs to be interested in what the Tigers were doing. </typical anti-Memphis crowd>

It is a commuter school, there is rarely anything going on around campus. Comparing the campus in Knoxville to the campus in Memphis just doesn't work. Also, any Tiger fans "migrating to Houston" are a week too late.

I meant San Antonio. And I'm from Memphis and I have several friends that go to the U of M and live on campus. It's not soley a commuter school, though granted a large portion is. There are also a lot of small houses near campus that students live in. I wasn't trying to draw any comparison because I know that's not fair but I expected to see something...and I had heard that the area was crazy after they made it to the Final Four so since I was in town I went over there after the game and I saw like 3 people out...walking to the library.

Ok folks buckle up, here is a PERFECT example of why I LOVE the city of Memphis...

I was just watching the news and the following quote was said by an anchorman, "In other news while the Tigers were shooting their way to victory in Houston, three more people were shot in North Memphis..."

Quote of my life.

Another funny quote from the news story preceeding that, "They said we would only win by 2 but we won by 15! Uh yay!" (said by guy clearly uninterested in sports wearing blue light up sunglasses inside)

You must really be bored
:shades:

The scene in Lawrence was fantastic!
KU_fans_shoulders_mass_t460.jpg

KU_fans_mass_high_t460.jpg

ku_fans_jh016_t460.jpg

ku_fans_jh014_t460.jpg

I hear ya man, congrats on KU's win last night. I can't wait till Monday night, it should be a good one.
It is funny, though. The resounding theme last night, was "who cares about Monday night and Memphis...*%&^ Roy!"

Jayhawk fans have been waiting to hand Roy his arse for a while now. It felt good!

VN Store

Back