The Save

Is such a wonderful statistic.

In the Louisville/Vandy game. Louisville is up 7-2 going in the 9th. The bases get juiced with 2 outs and they bring in a reliever. Dude delivers 2 pitches and gets the save. You gotta love it!
If you can look menacing, grow a nice goatee, and get 3 outs you can make millions šŸ˜‰

I first said he could not since he did not face the tying run but I apologize. I was thinking HS and MLB College lets you get save if tying run is on deck.

Last edited:
Reactions: StarRaider
I first said he could not since he did not face the tying run but I apologize. I was thinking HS and MLB College lets you get save if tying run is on deck.
I thought a save was the same across all levels. If the tying run is either on base, at bat, or on deck and you bring a new pitcher in, then it is a save situation, regardless of score.

Is such a wonderful statistic.

In the Louisville/Vandy game. Louisville is up 7-2 going in the 9th. The bases get juiced with 2 outs and they bring in a reliever. Dude delivers 2 pitches and gets the save. You gotta love it!
At least I understand this rule. The same is not at all true about women or the balk rule.

VN Store

Back