The Runner's thread

Ran seven Saturday at 7:32 pace. Struggled a little with the distance. Saturday was the four week in a row I have ran that distance so I'm not sure why I struggled. I think it was because I didn't drink enough water before I ran.

newyorkvol

You are probably correct. I probably need to take it easy this week but I don't know if I can talk myself into it. :p

Good week to mix it up. Go for a trail run if you’re used to running roads. Run a few times for time (say, 45min) but with no goal distance. Maybe go for a longer run but mix in 2-3 walks of 1-2min.

bignewt

VN's Resident Windbag
Lab Rat
These Newton Distance 9 are amazing. I have logged 22 miles this week with a 10k yesterday. About to bust through my old 5 day personal best. Recommend if you are not a heel first runner.

Anyone doing Smokey's Sprint?

Smokey's Sprint 2020

Really cool idea imo. It's not a traditional race where everyone runs the same route at the same time. You map your own course on your own time and report your time under the Volunteer honor system. I'm gonna do it for the swag. Shirt, bib, medal, backpack, water bottle, and optional dog bandanas of which I will be ordering two.

Screenshot_20200614-183951_Chrome.jpg

bignewt

VN's Resident Windbag
Lab Rat
Never seen these before. I assume looking at the pictures they are a mid-strike shoe? What do you like most about them?
Well now I have second thoughts, they are rough on the calves. My right one has been jacked up for a few weeks now, when I put on my traditional new balance I can run no problem. I go back to the Newton's, my calf kills me. Guess I just have to let it completely heal. I do like how they feel running though, yes they are mid strike and have that bump on the sole, guess that it what is putting stress on my calf.

volfanbill

Praying for Squirrely
Well now I have second thoughts, they are rough on the calves. My right one has been jacked up for a few weeks now, when I put on my traditional new balance I can run no problem. I go back to the Newton's, my calf kills me. Guess I just have to let it completely heal. I do like how they feel running though, yes they are mid strike and have that bump on the sole, guess that it what is putting stress on my calf.
Sorry to hear about your calves. I never experienced any issues with them.

I did rush too quickly back from my ankle injury and now have plantar fasciitis. Had a platelet rich plasma injection today. Whatever ouch is times 1,564,927, well that’s how it feels right now

VN Store

Sponsors