The Roster (Talent Level)

Mullen does a nice job of working the offense to fit the players he has and putting them in positions to be successful, rather than forcing players to "fit his system." I don't anticipate this coming season to be any different. As long as he is there, UF will always be in contention. Personally, I hate Florida, but I can appreciate a reasonable and sensible Florida fan.

Thanks for your interest in the Vols!

Excellent and accurate post.

Good post Gator bastard. You always post good stuff, I’m glad you are this board. Even though I hate Florida more than anything. Anyway, I think our offense will actually be one of the better ones in the conference or close to it. I’m not worried about them. Our defense scares me to death. They might end up being 2012 bad on defense.

For those who get bent because 99gator and other fans of other teams comment on our board, think of it under the broader umbrella of college football fans just having a conversation about UT roster. The fact that they pay attention to our roster enough to make salient discussion points is a compliment to our program. I doubt any of us would be so ugly to 99gator if you were sitting next to each other having a beer.

For those who get bent because 99gator and other fans of other teams comment on our board, think of it under the broader umbrella of college football fans just having a conversation about UT roster. The fact that they pay attention to our roster enough to make salient discussion points is a compliment to our program. I doubt any of us would be so ugly to 99gator if you were sitting next to each other having a beer.
Gator fans will always be belly dragging lizards.
Bama fans will always be cheating bastids.
Ga fans are butt licking canines.
A real Vol fan has enough sense not to drink with any of them.

Gator fans will always be belly dragging lizards.
Bama fans will always be cheating bastids.
Ga fans are butt licking canines.
A real Vol fan has enough sense not to drink with any of them.
Ok then, maybe you would be ugly to them if they were sitting next to you. Congrats. Another keyboard tough guy.

Good post Gator bastard. You always post good stuff, I’m glad you are this board. Even though I hate Florida more than anything. Anyway, I think our offense will actually be one of the better ones in the conference or close to it. I’m not worried about them. Our defense scares me to death. They might end up being 2012 bad on defense.
After watching what UCF has been able to do with good but not great talent on offense, I was also optimistic.

Then, I read the gloom and doom on the Joe Milton thread! Hopefully, rumors of our offensive ineptitude are premature and greatly exaggerated.

I am happy to hear from some of them that come to talk football - 99gator posted a good roster analysis and jaws always has good insight.

I do think other fans should not come to another teams board to talk trash and they should avoid “family” discussions of the Vol’s dirty laundry - e.g. recruiting violations, Aaron Beasley, etc. If they come to talk about that, they probably deserve what they get.

I am happy to hear from some of them that come to talk football - 99gator posted a good roster analysis and jaws always has good insight.

I do think other fans should not come to another teams board to talk trash and they should avoid “family” discussions of the Vol’s dirty laundry - e.g. recruiting violations, Aaron Beasley, etc. If they come to talk about that, they probably deserve what they get.
99 is probably the best opposing fan poster as far as objectivity. Jaws is a shameless homer, like their version of Nationdom but he's usually a good sport.

Nice analysis.
Emory Jones has the tools.

Anyway,
Tennessee is going to put a pretty good huritng on Florida this year, because of that Florida defense is WAAAY down this year.

We have a lot of speed and playmaking abilities at WR.
And you remember Dee Beckwith I'm sure. He's a monster RB now.
That is just ridiculous.

After watching what UCF has been able to do with good but not great talent on offense, I was also optimistic.

Then, I read the gloom and doom on the Joe Milton thread! Hopefully, rumors of our offensive ineptitude are premature and greatly exaggerated.
If there’s one thing this board can be relied on for its exaggerations

Reactions: VAVol85

i think the “regulars” from other teams generally respectfully add to the discourse. They wouldn’t come back over and over if they didn’t like the conversation. I always like what 99, jaws, and even law gator add to the mix. Or maybe with law gator I just like his avatar. Regardless, I always appreciate their perspective.

Lane is a better coach then anyone on Tennessee's staff last year. His scheme was nothing like Tennessee running a QB out there week after week that didnt have it and could do little. Oh and nobody is more talented then alabama year in and out for several years. At best some teams are equal.
And they still lost by 2+ touchdowns. Thanks for making my point

The only catch is all of those four star LB's are OLB's, except Jeremy Banks who came in and played as a RB in the beginning. UT's big problem is MLB. Well, after looking again French is an exception.
Bulk some of them up and have fast Middle linebackers. Hopefully the suspended ones are working out at least.

VN Store

Back