The Roster (Talent Level)

99gator

Congressman
Here is the roster breakdown by recruiting class according to rivals. The names listed are the remaining players still on the roster according to utsports.com. If they were rated 4* or better, it is noted. If not, they were a 3*....for those of you into star gazing. What I found interesting is that the position group with the highest amount of 4* or better rated players is linebacker.....which tells you all you need to know about ratings. The positions were based on what is listed on utsports.com and not necessarily what they were recruited for out of high school. The hit taken for that 2021 recruiting class is almost probation like. That 2020 recruiting class is the key to any level of competitiveness over the next couple of years. Those guys have absolutely have to pan out.

2017 (7)
K’Rojhn Calbert
Latrell Bumphus (4*)-DL
Matthew Butler
Princeton Fant
Riley Locklear (4*)-OL
Solon Page
Theo Jackson

2018 (12)
Kurott Garland
Trevon Flowers
Jeremy Banks (4*)-LB
Cedric Tillman
Jerome Carvin (4*)-OL
Kingston Harris
Alontae Taylor (4*)-DB
Paxton Brooks
Greg Emerson (4*)-DL
Jacob Warren
Ollie Lane
Kenneth George

2019 (13)
Darnell Wright (5*)-OL
Darel Middleton
Jaylen McCullough (4*)-DB
Tyus Fields (4*)-DB
Warren Burrell (4*)-DB
Roman Harrison (4*)-LB
Elijah Simmons
Chris Akporoghene (4*)-OL
Brian Maurer
Aaron Beasley
Ramel Keyton (4*)-WR
Jackson Lampley (4*)-OL
Kenney Soloman

2020 (22)
Dee Beckwith
Malachi Wideman (4*)-WR
Morven Joseph (4*)-LB
Jimmy Holiday
Len’neth Whitehead
Reginald Perry
Tyler Baron (4*)-LB
Doneiko Slaughter (4*)-DB
Jabari Small
Omari Thomas (4*)-DL
Tamarion McDonald (4*)-DB
Bryson Eason (4*)-LB
Martavius French (4*)-LB
James Robinson
Jalin Hyatt (4*)-WR
Tee Hodge
Cooper Mays (4*)-OL
Javontez Spraggins
Jimmy Calloway (4*)-WR
Dominic Bailey (4*)-DL
Harrison Bailey (5*)-QB
Will Albright

2021 (11)
Tiyon Evans
Christian Charles
Byron Young
William Parker
Miles Campbell
Kaidon Salter (4*)-QB
Aaron Willis (4*)-LB
Walker Merrill (4*)-WR
Jaylen Wright
Isaac Washington
Andison Coby

65 total before transfers. Of the 4* or above rated players, there are 2 QBs, 5 WRs, 6, OL, 4 DL, 7 LBs, 6 DBs.

Transfers
Velus Jones
Hendon Hooker
Chase McGrath
Cade Mays
Aubrey Soloman
Bradley Jones

Here is the roster breakdown by recruiting class according to rivals. The names listed are the remaining players still on the roster according to utsports.com. If they were rated 4* or better, it is noted. If not, they were a 3*....for those of you into star gazing. What I found interesting is that the position group with the highest amount of 4* or better rated players is linebacker.....which tells you all you need to know about ratings. The positions were based on what is listed on utsports.com and not necessarily what they were recruited for out of high school. The hit taken for that 2021 recruiting class is almost probation like. That 2020 recruiting class is the key to any level of competitiveness over the next couple of years. Those guys have absolutely have to pan out.

2017 (7)
K’Rojhn Calbert
Latrell Bumphus (4*)-DL
Matthew Butler
Princeton Fant
Riley Locklear (4*)-OL
Solon Page
Theo Jackson

2018 (12)
Kurott Garland
Trevon Flowers
Jeremy Banks (4*)-LB
Cedric Tillman
Jerome Carvin (4*)-OL
Kingston Harris
Alontae Taylor (4*)-DB
Paxton Brooks
Greg Emerson (4*)-DL
Jacob Warren
Ollie Lane
Kenneth George

2019 (13)
Darnell Wright (5*)-OL
Darel Middleton
Tyus Fields (4*)-DB
Warren Burrell (4*)-DB
Roman Harrison (4*)-LB
Elijah Simmons
Brian Maurer
Aaron Beasley
Ramel Keyton (4*)-WR
Jackson Lampley (4*)-OL
Kenney Soloman

2020 (22)
Dee Beckwith
Malachi Wideman (4*)-WR
Morven Joseph (4*)-LB
Jimmy Holiday
Len’neth Whitehead
Reginald Perry
Tyler Baron (4*)-LB
Jabari Small
Omari Thomas (4*)-DL
Bryson Eason (4*)-LB
Martavius French (4*)-LB
James Robinson
Jalin Hyatt (4*)-WR
Tee Hodge
Cooper Mays (4*)-OL
Javontez Spraggins
Jimmy Calloway (4*)-WR
Dominic Bailey (4*)-DL
Harrison Bailey (5*)-QB
Will Albright

2021 (11)
Tiyon Evans
Christian Charles
Byron Young
William Parker
Miles Campbell
Kaidon Salter (4*)-QB
Aaron Willis (4*)-LB
Walker Merrill (4*)-WR
Jaylen Wright
Isaac Washington
Andison Coby

65 total before transfers. Of the 4* or above rated players, there are 2 QBs, 5 WRs, 6, OL, 4 DL, 7 LBs, 6 DBs.

Transfers
Velus Jones
Hendon Hooker
Chase McGrath
Cade Mays
Aubrey Soloman
Bradley Jones

LBs Baron and Eason are both DE's now. Both look to either start or heavily contribute there.

French and Willis are 4 star LBs that are suspended.

Joseph is starting at MLB
Jeremy Banks was a RB and will probably start beside Joseph.
Harrison just now moved to MLB, but has been injured just like Banks this Spring.

So stars ain't the problem with LB. It's availability and organization.

Reactions: De La Cloobs

2017 (7)
K’Rojhn Calbert
Latrell Bumphus (4*)-DL
Matthew Butler
Princeton Fant
Riley Locklear (4*)-OL
Solon Page
Theo Jackson

2018 (12)
Kurott Garland
Trevon Flowers
Jeremy Banks (4*)-LB
Cedric Tillman
Jerome Carvin (4*)-OL
Kingston Harris
Alontae Taylor (4*)-DB
Paxton Brooks
Greg Emerson (4*)-DL
Jacob Warren
Ollie Lane
Kenneth George

2019 (13)
Darnell Wright (5*)-OL
Darel Middleton
Tyus Fields (4*)-DB
Warren Burrell (4*)-DB
Roman Harrison (4*)-LB
Elijah Simmons
Brian Maurer
Aaron Beasley
Ramel Keyton (4*)-WR
Jackson Lampley (4*)-OL
Kenney Soloman

2020 (22)
Dee Beckwith
Malachi Wideman (4*)-WR
Morven Joseph (4*)-LB
Jimmy Holiday
Len’neth Whitehead
Reginald Perry
Tyler Baron (4*)-LB
Jabari Small
Omari Thomas (4*)-DL
Bryson Eason (4*)-LB
Martavius French (4*)-LB
James Robinson
Jalin Hyatt (4*)-WR
Tee Hodge
Cooper Mays (4*)-OL
Javontez Spraggins
Jimmy Calloway (4*)-WR
Dominic Bailey (4*)-DL
Harrison Bailey (5*)-QB
Will Albright

2021 (11)
Tiyon Evans
Christian Charles
Byron Young
William Parker
Miles Campbell
Kaidon Salter (4*)-QB
Aaron Willis (4*)-LB
Walker Merrill (4*)-WR
Jaylen Wright
Isaac Washington
Andison Coby

Transfers
Velus Jones
Hendon Hooker
Chase McGrath
Cade Mays
Aubrey Soloman
Bradley Jones
This is the spring roster. We have 7 HS and 1 transfer joining this summer. And we have several former walkons that now have scholarships. Still low. Just not 65.

Reactions: Bret178 and ACvol3
This is the spring roster. We have 7 HS and 1 transfer joining this summer. And we have several former walkons that now have scholarships. Still low. Just not 65.

I had 71 with transfers like Velus Jones. I didn't know how many from the 2021 class were not on the roster according to UTsports.com, but did not leave the class.

I had 71 with transfers like Velus Jones. I didn't know how many from the 2021 class were not on the roster according to UTsports.com, but did not leave the class.
How is Emory Jones looking?

Who is replacing Pitts, Toney, and Grimes?

How is Emory Jones looking?

Who is replacing Pitts, Toney, and Grimes?

It's going to be a different kind of offense and a more traditional Dan Mullen offense. It will be run heavy and the passing game will be more short safe or deep stuff without the variety of routes you saw last year.

The reason Florida hasn't run the ball very well is that the offense is predicated on having a QB that can run, so half of the stuff the offense is designed to do went out the window with Trask. It was fine for reasons that are obvious now. But, Jones was the third leading rusher last season and played very little. He averaged 6.8 yards per carry.

They have good tight ends, but they're not PItts and I'm not going to pretend they are Pitts. They have receivers in Copeland, Shorter and a couple of others who I expect to have a big impact (Henderson and Fraziers) but as I listed those names, I am sure you are thinking "who".

What is believed to be a major upgrade is at RB with Lingard and Bowman. But, between those two and Wright, they've got guys at RB they can line up at WR and match them up with linebackers in personnel groupings that put defenses in a bind. They killed Georgia doing that as the RBs had over 200 yards receiving in that game.

The key to stopping the offense will be to put Florida in an obvious passing situation. I have every belief Jones is capable of completing a pass on 3rd and 10 for a first down. So, I don't mean to suggest it's an instant punt. But, it's not his strength. If Florida is in down and distance situations where you have to honor the run and the pass, Florida will be just fine.

Jones will also be that guy that annoys everyone by picking up a 3rd and 10 with his legs, which frustrates me when opposing QB's do that.

I think the Florida offense will be fine, but not as explosive as last year. The question at Florida is how much better will the defense be.

It's going to be a different kind of offense and a more traditional Dan Mullen offense. It will be run heavy and the passing game will be more short safe or deep stuff without the variety of routes you saw last year.

The reason Florida hasn't run the ball very well is that the offense is predicated on having a QB that can run, so half of the stuff the offense is designed to do went out the window with Trask. It was fine for reasons that are obvious now. But, Jones was the third leading rusher last season and played very little. He averaged 6.8 yards per carry.

They have good tight ends, but they're not PItts and I'm not going to pretend they are Pitts. They have receivers in Copeland, Shorter and a couple of others who I expect to have a big impact (Henderson and Fraziers) but as I listed those names, I am sure you are thinking "who".

What is believed to be a major upgrade is at RB with Lingard and Bowman. But, between those two and Wright, they've got guys at RB they can line up at WR and match them up with linebackers in personnel groupings that put defenses in a bind. They killed Georgia doing that as the RBs had over 200 yards receiving in that game.

The key to stopping the offense will be to put Florida in an obvious passing situation. I have every belief Jones is capable of completing a pass on 3rd and 10 for a first down. So, I don't mean to suggest it's an instant punt. But, it's not his strength. If Florida is in down and distance situations where you have to honor the run and the pass, Florida will be just fine.

Jones will also be that guy that annoys everyone by picking up a 3rd and 10 with his legs, which frustrates me when opposing QB's do that.

I think the Florida offense will be fine, but not as explosive as last year. The question at Florida is how much better will the defense be.
Nice analysis.
Emory Jones has the tools.

Anyway,
Tennessee is going to put a pretty good huritng on Florida this year, because of that Florida defense is WAAAY down this year.

We have a lot of speed and playmaking abilities at WR.
And you remember Dee Beckwith I'm sure. He's a monster RB now.

Reactions: kbear01

2017 (7)
K’Rojhn Calbert
Latrell Bumphus (4*)-DL
Matthew Butler
Princeton Fant
Riley Locklear (4*)-OL
Solon Page
Theo Jackson

2018 (12)
Kurott Garland
Trevon Flowers
Jeremy Banks (4*)-LB
Cedric Tillman
Jerome Carvin (4*)-OL
Kingston Harris
Alontae Taylor (4*)-DB
Paxton Brooks
Greg Emerson (4*)-DL
Jacob Warren
Ollie Lane
Kenneth George

2019 (13)
Darnell Wright (5*)-OL
Darel Middleton
Tyus Fields (4*)-DB
Warren Burrell (4*)-DB
Roman Harrison (4*)-LB
Elijah Simmons
Brian Maurer
Aaron Beasley
Ramel Keyton (4*)-WR
Jackson Lampley (4*)-OL
Kenney Soloman

2020 (22)
Dee Beckwith
Malachi Wideman (4*)-WR
Morven Joseph (4*)-LB
Jimmy Holiday
Len’neth Whitehead
Reginald Perry
Tyler Baron (4*)-LB
Jabari Small
Omari Thomas (4*)-DL
Bryson Eason (4*)-LB
Martavius French (4*)-LB
James Robinson
Jalin Hyatt (4*)-WR
Tee Hodge
Cooper Mays (4*)-OL
Javontez Spraggins
Jimmy Calloway (4*)-WR
Dominic Bailey (4*)-DL
Harrison Bailey (5*)-QB
Will Albright

2021 (11)
Tiyon Evans
Christian Charles
Byron Young
William Parker
Miles Campbell
Kaidon Salter (4*)-QB
Aaron Willis (4*)-LB
Walker Merrill (4*)-WR
Jaylen Wright
Isaac Washington
Andison Coby

Transfers
Velus Jones
Hendon Hooker
Chase McGrath
Cade Mays
Aubrey Soloman
Bradley Jones
giphy.gif

2017 (7)
K’Rojhn Calbert
Latrell Bumphus (4*)-DL
Matthew Butler
Princeton Fant
Riley Locklear (4*)-OL
Solon Page
Theo Jackson

2018 (12)
Kurott Garland
Trevon Flowers
Jeremy Banks (4*)-LB
Cedric Tillman
Jerome Carvin (4*)-OL
Kingston Harris
Alontae Taylor (4*)-DB
Paxton Brooks
Greg Emerson (4*)-DL
Jacob Warren
Ollie Lane
Kenneth George

2019 (13)
Darnell Wright (5*)-OL
Darel Middleton
Tyus Fields (4*)-DB
Warren Burrell (4*)-DB
Roman Harrison (4*)-LB
Elijah Simmons
Brian Maurer
Aaron Beasley
Ramel Keyton (4*)-WR
Jackson Lampley (4*)-OL
Kenney Soloman

2020 (22)
Dee Beckwith
Malachi Wideman (4*)-WR
Morven Joseph (4*)-LB
Jimmy Holiday
Len’neth Whitehead
Reginald Perry
Tyler Baron (4*)-LB
Jabari Small
Omari Thomas (4*)-DL
Bryson Eason (4*)-LB
Martavius French (4*)-LB
James Robinson
Jalin Hyatt (4*)-WR
Tee Hodge
Cooper Mays (4*)-OL
Javontez Spraggins
Jimmy Calloway (4*)-WR
Dominic Bailey (4*)-DL
Harrison Bailey (5*)-QB
Will Albright

2021 (11)
Tiyon Evans
Christian Charles
Byron Young
William Parker
Miles Campbell
Kaidon Salter (4*)-QB
Aaron Willis (4*)-LB
Walker Merrill (4*)-WR
Jaylen Wright
Isaac Washington
Andison Coby

Transfers
Velus Jones
Hendon Hooker
Chase McGrath
Cade Mays
Aubrey Soloman
Bradley Jones

Bring on BAMA!

and

Georgia!

Reactions: VolnJC
I don't understand why a gator fan would care enough to make this list. I think dude is really a Tennessee fan who just likes to troll by pretending to be a Florida fan. Wtf? And when referring to Florida he says "they" instead of what most fans say, "we".

I'm not saying I've never done it, but I don't like using the word "we" in this context. I'm not on the team.

I made the thread as people are talking about predictions for next season and I thought looking at the roster would help.

I know some of you are die hard enough that you know the roster/depth chart backward and forward, but others may not.

While I am not a Tennessee fan, when you watch games all year you get familiar with personnel. Attrition was discussed on the board, but I was surprised to see how few names I recognized and the ones I did really didn't impress me much.

I made the thread as people are talking about predictions for next season and I thought looking at the roster would help.

I know some of you are die hard enough that you know the roster/depth chart backward and forward, but others may not.

While I am not a Tennessee fan, when you watch games all year you get familiar with personnel. Attrition was discussed on the board, but I was surprised to see how few names I recognized and the ones I did really didn't impress me much.
Fair assessment.

Severely undercoachd roster. Ron Zook was a better HC than Jeremy Pruitt. Not even counting recruiting...

The Gators will face off against a very fast Tennessee team. Not just tempo. Field speed. And we have power in our Backfield now. Tennessee will be the suprise team in the entire country this year.

Lol almost probation like... umm it’s spring

Nice analysis.
Emory Jones has the tools.

Anyway,
Tennessee is going to put a pretty good huritng on Florida this year, because of that Florida defense is WAAAY down this year.

We have a lot of speed and playmaking abilities at WR.
And you remember Dee Beckwith I'm sure. He's a monster RB now.
The uf defense should be worse this year? Sounded like 99 was saying that it will obviously be better than last year, the question was going to be how much better.. I have no clue. I haven’t kept up with their roster

The uf defense should be worse this year? Sounded like 99 was saying that it will obviously be better than last year, the question was going to be how much better.. I have no clue. I haven’t kept up with their roster
No it will be worse. And it wasn't great last season.

Reactions: ACvol3

It's tough to make predictions for how Tennessee will do this season. 7-5 looks attainable with good coaching. We have talent on offense; Hyatt, Wideman, Jimmy Calloway are 3 young receivers who have lots of talent. I really like our running backs as well, Beckwith is a load. QB is still up in the air between Maurer, Bailey and Hooker. If they can grasp the playbook, I'm not worried about offensive production. Defense is the bigger concern. Linebackers look thin, cornerback does as well. Im hoping to be surprised.

Thanks appreciate the work

2017 (7)
K’Rojhn Calbert
Latrell Bumphus (4*)-DL
Matthew Butler
Princeton Fant
Riley Locklear (4*)-OL
Solon Page
Theo Jackson

2018 (12)
Kurott Garland
Trevon Flowers
Jeremy Banks (4*)-LB
Cedric Tillman
Jerome Carvin (4*)-OL
Kingston Harris
Alontae Taylor (4*)-DB
Paxton Brooks
Greg Emerson (4*)-DL
Jacob Warren
Ollie Lane
Kenneth George

2019 (13)
Darnell Wright (5*)-OL
Darel Middleton
Tyus Fields (4*)-DB
Warren Burrell (4*)-DB
Roman Harrison (4*)-LB
Elijah Simmons
Brian Maurer
Aaron Beasley
Ramel Keyton (4*)-WR
Jackson Lampley (4*)-OL
Kenney Soloman

2020 (22)
Dee Beckwith
Malachi Wideman (4*)-WR
Morven Joseph (4*)-LB
Jimmy Holiday
Len’neth Whitehead
Reginald Perry
Tyler Baron (4*)-LB
Jabari Small
Omari Thomas (4*)-DL
Bryson Eason (4*)-LB
Martavius French (4*)-LB
James Robinson
Jalin Hyatt (4*)-WR
Tee Hodge
Cooper Mays (4*)-OL
Javontez Spraggins
Jimmy Calloway (4*)-WR
Dominic Bailey (4*)-DL
Harrison Bailey (5*)-QB
Will Albright

2021 (11)
Tiyon Evans
Christian Charles
Byron Young
William Parker
Miles Campbell
Kaidon Salter (4*)-QB
Aaron Willis (4*)-LB
Walker Merrill (4*)-WR
Jaylen Wright
Isaac Washington
Andison Coby

Transfers
Velus Jones
Hendon Hooker
Chase McGrath
Cade Mays
Aubrey Soloman
Bradley Jones
The only catch is all of those four star LB's are OLB's, except Jeremy Banks who came in and played as a RB in the beginning. UT's big problem is MLB. Well, after looking again French is an exception.

Reactions: VAVol85

VN Store

Back