The Rock/Metal Thread

There’s a clip from the Balance tour where Ed and Sammy do One Way To Rock with the solo trade-offs, and Sammy actually plays better than Eddie. I don’t know if it was due to the friction in the band or what inspiring Sammy’s solos, but my jaw dropped when I heard the licks Sammy played.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
There’s a clip from the Balance tour where Ed and Sammy do One Way To Rock with the solo trade-offs, and Sammy actually plays better than Eddie. I don’t know if it was due to the friction in the band or what inspiring Sammy’s solos, but my jaw dropped when I heard the licks Sammy played.
Sammy was a highly underrated guitarist:cool:

Reactions: FLVOL_79
A bit O/T but when I was younger I used to think that bands or singers that didn't play an instrument was because they couldn't and "all they could do" was vocals. It wasn't until I was older and wiser that I realized most of the leads actually can play very well, they just don't play live for various reasons. Also because for many of them concentrating on the vocals is hard enough. Which gave me even more respect for those that can play and sing at the same time.

A bit O/T but when I was younger I used to think that bands or singers that didn't play an instrument was because they couldn't and "all they could do" was vocals. It wasn't until I was older and wiser that I realized most of the leads actually can play very well, they just don't play live for various reasons. Also because for many of them concentrating on the vocals is hard enough. Which gave me even more respect for those that can play and sing at the same time.
Claudio Sanchez of Coheed and Cambria laughs in the face of those singers

. Seen the guys at knotfest and fell in love with them right away, and now all I listen too..

I got into Behemoth back in 1996. They had an album Grom, and a song Lasy Pomorza, I loved that when I was in high school. Got me into other Polish bands like Christ Agony and Vader..both solid acts. 90's were great for metal.

VN Store

Back