The Rock/Metal Thread

Pantera did that to everybody. You simply couldn’t follow them. This coming from a sabbath fan of 35 years. Pantera would suck all the energy out of the place. I got to see them twice. Far beyond driven and the great southern trendkill tours.
They were a seriously talented band.

Tool's entire catalog will be released on all streaming services on Friday, August 2. They've been teasing it on social media for a few weeks. I had a feeling it would finally happen with their new album FINALLY coming out on August 31.

I regret that I will never get to see Pantera live. Closest I got was seeing Hellyeah open for Godsmack when Vinnie was still the drummer.

I never got to see Pantera, either. Like you I did see Vinnie and Hellyeah open for another band, a couple of years ago. Was quite surprised when they announced they would be opening for BABYMETAL. It was an interesting mix.

I regret that I will never get to see Pantera live. Closest I got was seeing Hellyeah open for Godsmack when Vinnie was still the drummer.
I never got to see them either, but I got to meet Phil in a bar in Knoxville. He was hanging out watching bands from Ozzfest that were playing on their off day between cities (Downset, Vision of Disorder, Neurosis, and Machine Head).

VN Store

Back