The Rock - Livestream - change each week?

IndianaVol

Old Timer, Quality Poster
So every so often, I pop over and check out the rock livestream to see if it's changed or what not.
This week I notice it has been completely painted to coincide with the reporting of the fine players and members of the Pride Of The Southland...they also did a lot of pressure washing / cleaning / painting of the concrete area around the rock.

It got me to thinking, we should start a thread with what the rock changes to each week during the season...so here it goes !!!
8/8 - Welcome POTS members

1660339264797.png

Livestream | The Rock

I remember when we used to have designated rock painters that would paint cool stuff for recruits when they’d come in. A couple of them were really good. We would pitch in to help buy the paint

Reactions: IndianaVol
So every so often, I pop over and check out the rock livestream to see if it's changed or what not.
This week I notice it has been completely painted to coincide with the reporting of the fine players and members of the Pride Of The Southland...they also did a lot of pressure washing / cleaning / painting of the concrete area around the rock.

It got me to thinking, we should start a thread with what the rock changes to each week during the season...so here it goes !!!

View attachment 479778

Livestream | The Rock

I can almost hear Sean Connery say...."welcome to the rock" with the music trailer in the background...

View attachment 479778

Livestream | The Rock
Every week!!!! GOOD IDEA!!!

Reactions: IndianaVol

8/18 - Not sure what's happening at Midnight on a Thursday / Friday....perhaps planning session ???

1660881089418.png

Maybe she can come back work for the university and if her off time she can keep up the rock with paint bought by the school.
Yes. I know it has been tradition for one of the students to paint the rock each year, but Payton's work was special and nobody has been able to do it as good since she graduated! They should commission her each season to come paint the rock for each home game, if she's willing to do it. Its not like they dont have the $$ to pay her! Payton's murals were true works of art! Compared to her work, everyone else's since has looked like low rent graffiti.

Last edited:

8/18 - Not sure what's happening at Midnight on a Thursday / Friday....perhaps planning session ???

8/25 - For anyone on campus or lives in the area...GET OUT and support the Lady Vols Soccer team this evening !!!

1661459455552.png

Dang, 6:22 in the morning and a bunch of folks working on The Rock if my livestream is not lying to me.... So far they have just blanked it out but not in white, some metalic color maybe..... 4 painting and don't know the roles of the rest... Might bear following along...

Reactions: Volunteer08
Dang, 6:22 in the morning and a bunch of folks working on The Rock if my livestream is not lying to me.... So far they have just blanked it out but not in white, some metalic color maybe..... 4 painting and don't know the roles of the rest... Might bear following along...
Sorry for the grainy picture due to the current rain situation in Knoxville.
Seems like the rock has been painted to advertise / support The Walk event this weekend at the Knoxville CC.

1661518939452.png

She is definitely missed. I hope someone paints over it before kickoff.

Spyre needs to put together an NIL deal for Payton Miller.
This 1000% - or some local business (paint, hardware, art gallery, etc.) sponsor her and others to paint the rock every Thursday during the season.
I wouldn't even care if they got some advertisement out of the deal.

Reactions: sona
Well, I give this Rock two thumbs way down. This is the current state, 12 minutes before we whip Ball State. Zero effort applied:

rock-fail.JPG

VN Store

Back