The robbery was number 4 on ESPN top 10 tonight

All in all the stream wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. The color commentator was a struggling gator homer, but I guess opposing fans felt the same about Kesling and Helton. Too bad the SEC can't get real announcers and color men in there.

All in all the stream wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. The color commentator was a struggling gator homer, but I guess opposing fans felt the same about Kesling and Helton. Too bad the SEC can't get real announcers and color men in there.
I learned a few series back to stream the game in line with the radio call. It makes it so much more enjoyable.

He was holding on to hope and spinning it to the jort fans all weekend. If I hear “If it wasn’t for that 7 run inning” 1 more time…

Last edited:
Great catch!

I wish it wasn't a middle school film crew production. A little more zoomed in would have shown the catch better.

I don't remember having to many games with the camera behind the screen.
Having run a camera before, there's a definite skill level involved. Zooming in from far away is one of them, especially when the camera is lit.

SECN+ and ESPN+ always has amatuerish camera work, play by play and homer color commentators. I try to watch if I can because I enjoy UT baseball, basketball (M & W) and softball when they aren't on a Dish channel. It is better than nothing is all I can say. When the games or in Knoxville we usually get a UT color commentator, but road games we just get what we can. This gator color guy tried to say a few nice things about the Vols but couldn't hide his homerism. It was just sweet when we crushed the b***turds.

SECN+ and ESPN+ always has amatuerish camera work, play by play and homer color commentators. I try to watch if I can because I enjoy UT baseball, basketball (M & W) and softball when they aren't on a Dish channel. It is better than nothing is all I can say. When the games or in Knoxville we usually get a UT color commentator, but road games we just get what we can. This gator color guy tried to say a few nice things about the Vols but couldn't hide his homerism. It was just sweet when we crushed the b***turds.

I actually enjoyed listening to the gator commentators. They were having a hard time giving UT some credit, but they did it anyway. Bless their hearts. I enjoyed hearing the excitement in their voices as it looked like the lizards were gonna win, then the crash and burn in their voices as they watched the disaster unfold. priceless. This is the season to listen to the other team's homers. I love it when they have to give UT props and have to watch in agony as their team gets pasted.

The quality of the "network" really is bad, but it beats not being able to watch, so I'm grateful that we at least have it.

For this point in the season, we may never see anything like this in our lifetime. I can’t imagine I will. I was a newborn in 1951 when the BaseVols were 16-1 and that record was broken yesterday. One at a time. I’m loving every minute of it! My spirit and yell jumped as high as Christian Scott when he robbed Florida of a home run to end the game. My body not so much.

My favorite quote from the Common Taters was in the top of the 9th when one said their pitcher "has command of the situation". Our next 6 batters reached base and tied the game.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
My favorite quote from the Common Taters was in the top of the 9th when one said their pitcher "has command of the situation". Our next 6 batters reached base and tied the game.
Easy on the tater jokes.
Not all taters are rotten or bad.
I myself am a sweet tater.
Orange to the core.

Not all taters are rotten or bad.

OK, but Common Taters are Commonly irritating (to me). I watch a majority of sports with the sound off. It irritates my wife, so somebody is bound to be irritated with the sound on or off........ If she is watching with me, you can easily guess which I choose. Probably started when I grew up in the Howard Cosell MNF era. I also turned him off for any Ali fight. I did like his Half-Time Monday Night Football rehash of Sunday's games.

VN Store

Back