The Regular Official Lady Vol basketball Thread.

I hope we can improve our defense and rebounding, starting with this game with ETSU. This team can be a final four team if we improve (a lot) in these two areas.

Reactions: mlindsay
I hope we can improve our defense and rebounding, starting with this game with ETSU. This team can be a final four team if we improve (a lot) in these two areas.

You can`t improve on any playing a team like ETSU you just can`t. We are a 28-30 point favorite.

EFF ratings of Tennessee Lady Vol Players

10 or below F
15 D
20 C
25 B
30 A

EFF Tennessee Players

Westbrook 23.43
R. Davis 22.52
C. Green 19.40
KK 18.48
M. Jackson 17.48
M Collins 15.28
R. Burrell 12.92
Z. Green 12.03
J. Massengill 11.16
K. Harris 4.67

EFF of top players on ranked teams

T. McCowan 44.15 Miss St
A. Smith 38.41 Stanford
Collins 35.42 UConn
Inoescu 32.80 Oregon
K Brown 31.29 Baylor
A Howard 30.40 Miss St
N Smith 29.03 Baylor
Samuelson 28.18 UConn
A Durr 26.45 Louisville
Ogunbowale 25.22 Notre Dame

Last edited:
Reactions: mcannon1
Agreed. I have gone from feeling like Harris may simply have been too far behind everyone else to ever get much of a chance to ever leave the bench, but I agree that she is much improved and am happy she kept working hard and improving enough to have gotten some playing time. There's still time for the light bulb to go on for Kamara.

Hahaha did u say Kamara? good luck.

I know people are high on meme, but in my observation of the Texas and Stanford games, she’s a bit too high risk. Both offense and defense. She is a bit reckless in jumping her man and trying to steal the ball which compromises the already strained defense and often leads to easy points. Against Stanford she sagged off her man in order to help the post, and it resulted in a wide open 3. She’s like a wild mustang that needs to be reigned in to be of true benefit to the team. Now the Texas game you may tolerate it cuz she’s scoring 33 everything she throws up, but many games she’s just as erratic on offense. Some of the 35-40 mins a game she plays should go to timely benchings to ensure she’s focused on the team agenda. Breaks also give opportunities to freshmen to gain experience for the years down the road. Look at last year. Everyone harped on feeding the post while this year’s sophs tires spun in the mud. Now Rennia is the supposed go to and she still acts like she’s referring to MR and JN. Many say this is a rebuild year, then stop giving 38 mins a game to meme.

I know people are high on meme, but in my observation of the Texas and Stanford games, she’s a bit too high risk. Both offense and defense. She is a bit reckless in jumping her man and trying to steal the ball which compromises the already strained defense and often leads to easy points. Against Stanford she sagged off her man in order to help the post, and it resulted in a wide open 3. She’s like a wild mustang that needs to be reigned in to be of true benefit to the team. Now the Texas game you may tolerate it cuz she’s scoring 33 everything she throws up, but many games she’s just as erratic on offense. Some of the 35-40 mins a game she plays should go to timely benchings to ensure she’s focused on the team agenda. Breaks also give opportunities to freshmen to gain experience for the years down the road. Look at last year. Everyone harped on feeding the post while this year’s sophs tires spun in the mud. Now Rennia is the supposed go to and she still acts like she’s referring to MR and JN. Many say this is a rebuild year, then stop giving 38 mins a game to meme.

I think Meme has earned her minutes. She's a better option than anyone else on the bench, or even Zaay Green. She's been a real bright spot for the team in spite of her overplaying on defense. Stanford had a huge advantage inside, so she kind of had to hedge on her player. Bottom line is they need her perimeter scoring, and she's delivered so far.

I think Meme has earned her minutes. She's a better option than anyone else on the bench, or even Zaay Green. She's been a real bright spot for the team in spite of her overplaying on defense. Stanford had a huge advantage inside, so she kind of had to hedge on her player. Bottom line is they need her perimeter scoring, and she's delivered so far.

I agree. And Mister Texas can go back to Texas

Reactions: ruvol and Rickster
Number 18 Massey Ratings Tennessee vs Number 283 Murray State. Tennessee is predicted by Massey to win this game by a score of 93 to 58. Murray State comes into the game with a record of 4 and 6. they lost to Kentucky by 39 in their last outing.

Projected Starters 2018-19 Women's Basketball Roster - Murray State University Athletics

Murray State

Evelyn Adebayo Evelyn Adebayo - Women's Basketball - Murray State University Athletics
Lex Mayes Lex Mayes - Women's Basketball - Murray State University Athletics
Macey Turley Macey Turley - Women's Basketball - Murray State University Athletics
DeAsia Outlaw DeAsia Outlaw - Women's Basketball - Murray State University Athletics
Brianna Crane Brianna Crane - Women's Basketball - Murray State University Athletics

Sixth Man Janika Griffith-Wallace - Women's Basketball - Murray State University Athletics

Tennessee

MeMe Jackson Meme Jackson - Women's Basketball - University of Tennessee Athletics
Evina Westbrook Evina Westbrook - Women's Basketball - University of Tennessee Athletics
Cheridine Green Cheridene Green - Women's Basketball - University of Tennessee Athletics
Rennia Davis Rennia Davis - Women's Basketball - University of Tennessee Athletics
Zaay Green Zaay Green - Women's Basketball - University of Tennessee Athletics

Jazmine Massengill Jazmine Massengill - Women's Basketball - University of Tennessee Athletics
KASIYAHNA KUSHKITUAH Kasiyahna Kushkituah - Women's Basketball - University of Tennessee Athletics
Rae Burrell Rae Burrell - Women's Basketball - University of Tennessee Athletics
MiMi Collins Mimi Collins - Women's Basketball - University of Tennessee Athletics
Kamera Harris Kamera Harris - Women's Basketball - University of Tennessee Athletics

Tennessee Lady Vols number 17 Massey Ratings vs. Belmont Number 66 Massey Ratings. This will be a good challenge for Tennessee as Belmont is good enough to win some games in the SEC. Tennessee needs to work on playing smarter and making good decisions with the ball. Like Holly said they need to move their feet get in a stance and not foul when defending. Hoping to see some team improvement today we really need to be moving in a better direction going into SEC play. Massey says the final score will be Tennessee 77 Belmont 67.

2018-19 Belmont Women's Basketball Roster - Belmont Bruins

Belmont Starting Five

Jenny Roy Jenny Roy - Belmont Bruins
Ellie Harmeyer Ellie Harmeyer - Belmont Bruins
Maddie Wright Maddie Wright - Belmont Bruins
Maura Muensterman Maura Muensterman - Belmont Bruins
Darby Maggard Darby Maggard - Belmont Bruins

Tennessee Starting Five

MeMe Jackson Meme Jackson - Women's Basketball - University of Tennessee Athletics
Evina Westbrook Evina Westbrook - Women's Basketball - University of Tennessee Athletics
Cheridine Green Cheridene Green - Women's Basketball - University of Tennessee Athletics
Rennia Davis Rennia Davis - Women's Basketball - University of Tennessee Athletics
Zaay Green Zaay Green - Women's Basketball - University of Tennessee Athletics

Belmont Offensive Efficiency Rating 69.0
Belmont Defensive Efficiency Rating 56.4

Tennessee Offensive Efficiency Rating 96.90
Tennessee Defensive Efficiency Rating 52.8

Last edited:
Tennessee number 15 Massey Ratings versus Auburn number 38 Massey ratings. Auburn's only loss is three points to Iowa State. This will be a very tough test for our young Lady Vol team. I think we have to play our best game of the season to win here gonna be a tough battle. Massey says Tennessee wins 77 to 74.

Auburn Starting Lineup 2018-19 Women's Basketball Roster - Auburn University Athletics

Janiah McKay 5'6"
Emari Jones 5'10"
Crystal Primm 5'11"
Unique Thompson 6'3"
Robyn Benton 5'9"

Tennessee Starting Lineup

MeMe Jackson 5'10"
Evina Westbrook 6'0"
Cheridine Green 6'3"
Rennia Davis 6'2"
Zaay Green 6'0"

Definitely have to play our best game of the season to win here especially on defense. This is the best Auburn shooting team Tennessee has played in a while shooting 35 percent overall from the three point line hitting 101 of 292 threes. Robyn Benton hitting 42 percent from the three 38 of 88 she will need to be guarded man to man even if we go to a Zone. A zone and one at least as she is deadly from the three. They will press on defense and have been able to force opponents into 285 turnovers in 13 games which is an average of 22 a game. Will be huge for Tennessee to take care of the ball win the turnover battle and keep them off the free throw line. This one goes down to the wire hopefully we win.

Out of the top 25 teams other then Tenn Meme would only start at Iowa St

We know how you feel about Meme

To be fair it`s not Meme fault it`s more of Holly bad coaching at times. When Meme starts turning the ball over trying to make spectacular passes and jacking up awful shots it seems like Holly rewards her with more mins.

Reactions: T.J.
To be fair it`s not Meme fault it`s more of Holly bad coaching at times. When Meme starts turning the ball over trying to make spectacular passes and jacking up awful shots it seems like Holly rewards her with more mins.
These players come in knowing how to work offense and play a pretty good offensive game but they have no concept of Defense. I've seen leaning in with the chest I've seen catch up defense oh, I've seen everything but good footwork. Footwork is staying ahead of your ball handler it's also anticipatory defense. It's arbitrary swipes in the path of a crossover. It's a hell of a lot more than just ball - you - man

it isn't that Holly rewards her with playing time it's a simple fact that Holly doesn't have another option when it comes to a Lockdown Defender. These girls come in with terrible footwork on defense. They have offensive skills but they have nothing on defense. And I don't see where they getting coaching on defense once I get here.

Give me one summer with any of those kids and I'll give you a stopper. One off-season as a summer coach and Watch What Happens

Out of the top 25 teams other then Tenn Meme would only start at Iowa St

Even if this were true, it's completely irrelevant. Meme's starting or not starting is based on her play and the play of the other personnel available for Tenn, not Iowa St or ND or Baylor.
#StrawManArgument

...These girls come in with terrible footwork on defense. They have offensive skills but they have nothing on defense. And I don't see where they getting coaching on defense once I get here.

I think they're getting the coaching, but they're not buying into it or can't be bothered. After all, it's easier to stand up straight, let your man blow by you, and rely on your height or athleticism to block a shot from behind, isn't it? (I'm really tired of seeing that particular defensive attempt.)

Last edited:
Even if this were true, it's completely irrelevant. Meme's starting or not starting is based on her play and the play of the other personnel available for Tenn, not Iowa St or ND or Baylor.
#StrawManArgument

I think they're getting the coaching, but they're not buying into it or can't be bothered. After all, it's easier to stand up straight, let your man blow by you, and rely on your height or athleticism to block a shot from behind, isn't it? (I'm really tired of seeing that particular defensive attempt.)

If not buying into it or can't be bothered has anything to do with performance, therein is the problem

If this happens to all the players every year, then the problem is coaching...unless every player that comes into the program can't be bothered.

It's been a very long time since Tennessee has had a bona fide defensive stopper. Maybe Anosike and (to a lesser extent) Jasmine Jones. Other than them, they have been very susceptible to career scoring days for stars on the opposing team.

Reactions: T.J.
If this happens to all the players every year, then the problem is coaching...unless every player that comes into the program can't be bothered. It's been a very long time since Tennessee has had a bona fide defensive stopper. Maybe Anosike and (to a lesser extent) Jasmine Jones. Other than them, they have been very susceptible to career scoring days for stars on the opposing team.

If this happens to all the players every year, then the problem is coaching...unless every player that comes into the program can't be bothered.

It's been a very long time since Tennessee has had a bona fide defensive stopper. Maybe Anosike and (to a lesser extent) Jasmine Jones. Other than them, they have been very susceptible to career scoring days for stars on the opposing team.

One Summer with any player and I'll give you another name on that list

Tennessee number 15 Massey Ratings versus Auburn number 38 Massey ratings. Auburn's only loss is three points to Iowa State. This will be a very tough test for our young Lady Vol team. I think we have to play our best game of the season to win here gonna be a tough battle. Massey says Tennessee wins 77 to 74.

Auburn Starting Lineup 2018-19 Women's Basketball Roster - Auburn University Athletics

Janiah McKay 5'6"
Emari Jones 5'10"
Crystal Primm 5'11"
Unique Thompson 6'3"
Robyn Benton 5'9"

Tennessee Starting Lineup

MeMe Jackson 5'10"
Evina Westbrook 6'0"
Cheridine Green 6'3"
Rennia Davis 6'2"
Zaay Green 6'0"

Definitely have to play our best game of the season to win here especially on defense. This is the best Auburn shooting team Tennessee has played in a while shooting 35 percent overall from the three point line hitting 101 of 292 threes. Robyn Benton hitting 42 percent from the three 38 of 88 she will need to be guarded man to man even if we go to a Zone. A zone and one at least as she is deadly from the three. They will press on defense and have been able to force opponents into 285 turnovers in 13 games which is an average of 22 a game. Will be huge for Tennessee to take care of the ball win the turnover battle and keep them off the free throw line. This one goes down to the wire hopefully we win.
I wish Holly would employ a man-zone with C. Green and Davis zoning near the basket and Z. Green, Westbrook and Jackson playing man-to man against Auburn's best outside shooters. I believe this defensive scheme will prevent a lot of the back door open layups.

Last edited:
Reactions: mlindsay

VN Store

Back